BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fulham At Home

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nzonzi was and is class. More than a bit iffy in certain ways but sheer class otherwise.

Anyway, picking myself up in amazement at Rovers being in the lead. Thank you to the Fulham defender for being a clumsy dolloper...

N'Zonzi never played more than a simple 3 metre pass. He was nothing like Tugay or Paul Schools etc.

*Scholes

I have just done this and you can too... Go on YouTube and search Steven N'Zonzi and look at his gameplay. 99% is simple 1 to 10 metre balls on the deck. Nothing inspiring or creative at all about his gameplay.

He mopped up well in front of the back 4 and had a good range of passing from what I remember. Although I felt he should have travelled with the ball more given his ability and technique.

In my opinion of course

I have just done this and you can too... Go on YouTube and search Steven N'Zonzi and look at his gameplay. 99% is simple 1 to 10 metre balls on the deck. Nothing inspiring or creative at all about his gameplay.

He's a holding midfielder, it's not his job to be inspiring or creative. Look at the jobs that Fernandinho/Fernando do for Man City, or Dier for Spurs. He's excellent at what he does.

TDF. At last someone else who sees N'Zonzi for what he was. All he ever did was pass sideways and backwards. At the most 2 metres.

Ray Wilkins nickname was The Barber because all he ever did was pass short, back and side(ways). N'Zonzi was his love child.

Haha interesting about Ray Wilkins, never knew that. I remember N'Zonzi got player of the season, I think it was because he had previously scored a long distance goal against Everton around voting time. It was a decent goal but nothing of Tugay calibre.I was glad when he left, such a mundane player, no skill required for short, obvious passes. I was glad when he left. Seeing him, Andrews and Grella in the team sheet made me want to go home.

Haha interesting about Ray Wilkins, never knew that. I remember N'Zonzi got player of the season, I think it was because he had previously scored a long distance goal against Everton around voting time. It was a decent goal but nothing of Tugay calibre.I was glad when he left, such a mundane player, no skill required for short, obvious passes. I was glad when he left. Seeing him, Andrews and Grella in the team sheet made me want to go herome.

Can't agree about N'Zonzi. There's a reason his career has progressed so much, moving from Stoke to Sevilla. He wasn't an 'edge of the seat' type of player, but I thought he did very well for us.

Archived