BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fulham At Home

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was told of a striker who scored loads, they told me his name was Jordan Rhodes. I stopped them there, surely not, there's a striker you've forgot. Chrissy Brown, Chrissy Brown, he goes by the name of Chrissy Brown!

You might not drink but you've definetly been smoking something...

Honestly so good to see us bully a team like that; Cairney looked like he wanted to run to his mummy.

I thought they'd be a bunch of "Southern" soft-lads coming up to the harsh cold North of the wall West. Seems like Cairney reverted to (last season's) type. He's definitely a 1 in 8 man - not what you want over the course of a season - I wasn't that upset to see him go.

• Backroom

When you look at the amount of goals we've conceded, it's ludicrous that we're in the position we're in.

It's lack of goals that has been a huge problem this season. I think we have something like the fourth best defence in the league? The fact we concede so few bodes very well. If Lambert can get it right up top and continue to bring in reinforcements over the summer we'll be in a much stronger position going into next season.

Brilliant stuff.

That was a match we needed a performance and a win in. Forget the matches against the top teams in the league, it's the ones in and around us at the bottom that we need to win.

Let's not get carried away though - a loss at West Ham at the weekend wouldn't be disastrous, and this doesn't mean we've turned a corner either. We're a relegation threatened team and it's not going to be plain sailing until the end of the season. As long as we grind out enough results that matter, like today's, we'll be fine. There's certainly the ability in the team to do that - Rhodes or no Rhodes.

When you look at the amount of goals we've conceded, it's ludicrous that we're in the position we're in.

We're 10th in goal differential, and now better than Ipswich's.

We can't be playing like we did against Hull, but if we manage a combination of Oxford, Middlesbrough, and tonight, I really don't buy these relegation fears. We're now 8 points clear with a game in hand.

Danny Graham first goal in 32 games!!!!!!

He'll do fine in the Championship with a regular run of games and decent service. I'm just glad he got a goal nice and early, hopefully he can take confidence from it and go on a run - I'd hope for 1 in every 3 or 4 games realistically.

He'll do fine in the Championship with a regular run of games and decent service. I'm just glad he got a goal nice and early, hopefully he can take confidence from it and go on a run - I'd hope for 1 in every 3 or 4 games realistically.

He scored 6 in 18 on loan at Boro in the 2nd half of the season 2 years ago.

No reason Rovers can't take atleast 5 points from the next 3 league games if they play like they did tonight on a more regular basis.

Really pleased for Graham to get his goal. Be interesting to see how Watt reacts to being dropped when he inevitably comes back in at the weekend for the cup game due to Graham being cup tied.

One thing for certain, the goal drought will continue with that line up. He is going for a 0-0 which will go badly wrong when we make a mistake and Fulham score. Surely Lambert knows, this line up means at best we get a point and more likely we lose at hone again.

Mm, who do you fancy for The Grand National ? Let me know and I'll back another horse.

IT takes time for a team to gel together but tonight we started to see why PL wanted Bennett and Graham here. Then the organisation with Hanley back was superb. I do think we have competition for places now as both Watt, Jackson and Grimes wants to play and then Akpan and Guthrie coming back from injuries. Say what you want but getting Ward in will make Duffy a better player.

Nights like tonight are why you put up with the dark days.

Fantastic.

I've no clue why they gave Marshall MoM. Brown and Evans, Hanley and even Duffy were ahead of him in my view.

Let's hope this is the real Rovers under Lambert. Certainly no stars but they all played well as a team, grew in confidence as the game wore on and the atmosphere grew too. Tellingly we even had the bounce of the ball tonight, something that has eluded us for a while - but they say you make your own luck.

Don't want to get too carried away, that's W1 D1 L1 since the transfer business but there are reasons for cautious optimism.

Archived