BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fulham At Home

I can see where he's coming from. We won despite the two up front today not because of them. The keeper practically threw the ball in the back of the net for Graham's goal, hopefully it will give him some confidence.

There were however some very good individual performances from the likes of Hanley Marshall Evans in particular Lenihan Gomez and even Bennett was much improved first half.

Lambert did very well to get such a positive reaction out of most of them after Saturdays debacle. I felt like we wanted it that bit more than Fulham on a bitterly cold night and that ultimately made the difference.

Give over.I was critical of the selection of Brown before the match,but both him and Graham had excellent games and they wer as instrumental as much as anyone in winning us the game

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow! Just got back from the game - what a difference from Saturday.

I can't think of one player who didn't put a shift in.

Special mentions from me for Bennett and Evans. I thought Evans was terrific & was my MoM.

We chased everything, harried their every move and scored 3 goals. What more can u ask for?

And finally, the front 2. Their performance really did add a gloss finish to a great team effort!!

That was far far more like it tonight, everything that was missing or wrong on Saturday was right tonight. Helped by Fulham doing a typical Championship U-turn from the weekend. Mad league this is with so many teams going from one extreme to the other from one game to this next.

Can't moan about anything tonight but I'm not getting carried away with any praise because as fans we were owed a performance and result like that. It's been a long time coming !

This is still very much a work in progress and there will be highs and lows along the way but there is so much to be optimistic about. I still believe we will see another six or seven players coming in over the summer and Lambert will look for performances like tonight and Middlesbrough on a more consistent basis.

I thought Evans was excellent tonight and played a text book anchor role. But the most pleasing aspects were the tempo, work rate and pressing. These are trademarks of a Lambert team.

And all the posts I have read don't have any mention of the player we sold to Middlesbrough.

Superb performance tonight, very much like that at Middlesbrough. I thought the front two were excellent - they closed down the Fulham defenders and didn't give them a minute on the ball. Bennett had his best game thus far and looked very good both with and without the ball. I couldn't fault anything tonight, it was a real team performance with everyone working for each other and playing some super football at times. Taken with the performances at Oxford and Middlesbrough, one can finally see light at the end of the tunnel and can see what Lambert is trying to build.

Superb performance tonight, very much like that at Middlesbrough. I thought the front two were excellent - they closed down the Fulham defenders and didn't give them a minute on the ball. Bennett had his best game thus far and looked very good both with and without the ball. I couldn't fault anything tonight, it was a real team performance with everyone working for each other and playing some super football at times. Taken with the performances at Oxford and Middlesbrough, one can finally see light at the end of the tunnel and can see what Lambert is trying to build.

I struggle to remember a match where we have worked as hard as a team for years. Still lacking a bit of composure on the ball at times - but I think that will come with confidence.

At this moment in time - I struggle to think of a more effective English right back than Marshall - just a shame that we don't have a left back with similar skill levels.

This is still very much a work in progress and there will be highs and lows along the way but there is so much to be optimistic about. I still believe we will see another six or seven players coming in over the summer and Lambert will look for performances like tonight and Middlesbrough on a more consistent basis.

I thought Evans was excellent tonight and played a text book anchor role. But the most pleasing aspects were the tempo, work rate and pressing. These are trademarks of a Lambert team.

And all the posts I have read don't have any mention of the player we sold to Middlesbrough.

What a contrast.

Clean sheet isn't a major surprise (despite the "hammering" at least one poster predicted) but 3-0 would have been a optimistic prediction! I think between now and the season there will easily be enough wins. Maybe mostly 1-0 than 3-0 wins I expect but that would be enough! Can't expect penalties all the time (especially one as obvious as that!) but set pieces could be very important as we saw with the 2nd goal. That's where some of the goals will have to be shared out. Bennett with 2 assists as well and Graham certainly made a mark on his home debut. Don't think Steele really had to do anything all night.

Still "officially" over 12,000 as well! (whether that includes absent season ticket holders or not has anyone asked if it does?)

Nights like tonight are why you put up with the dark days.

Fantastic.

I've no clue why they gave Marshall MoM. Brown and Evans, Hanley and even Duffy were ahead of him in my view.

Let's hope this is the real Rovers under Lambert. Certainly no stars but they all played well as a team, grew in confidence as the game wore on and the atmosphere grew too. Tellingly we even had the bounce of the ball tonight, something that has eluded us for a while - but they say you make your own luck.

Don't want to get too carried away, that's W1 D1 L1 since the transfer business but there are reasons for cautious optimism.

Sensible thinking Stuart! I wish we could all stop getting carried away on the basis of the latest result. Tonight's won't see us in the top half, the Hull result wasn't the end of civilisation as we know it. It just felt like that at the time!

We are on course to avoid relegation and that is the only thing we have to do for this season.

Winning at the Turd would be nice,as would be a long Cup run but neither are vital.

• Backroom

Brown was rubbish tonight the worst centre forward Rovers have had in a long long time thank god Fulham are not up for it good to see Grant back.

Trolling is a bannable offence - just FYI

:P

Brown was rubbish tonight the worst centre forward Rovers have had in a long long time thank god Fulham are not up for it good to see Grant back.

Harsh, yes he's a poor footballer but he's another job to do in this system and when he gets the basics right he can cause probs. Never score whilst there is clouds in the sky though !

Harsh, yes he's a poor footballer but he's another job to do in this system and when he gets the basics right he can cause probs. Never score whilst there is clouds in the sky though !

You having a laugh he's 31 and hasn't ever looked like scoring in over 18 months.

It certainly is harsh. Whatever you think of Brown at least pick your spots JAL! Focus on the positives after a 3-0 win. Even I haven't been negative in the past after performances like that!

He will. And when he does he'll probably start bagging on a regular basis. Confidence is a huge part of sport and hopefully the big fella will start to score soon. In a way its a pity we didn't get the penalty late on while 2-0 up as it would have been an opportunity for him to open his account.

I struggle to remember a match where we have worked as hard as a team for years. Still lacking a bit of composure on the ball at times - but I think that will come with confidence.

At this moment in time - I struggle to think of a more effective English right back than Marshall - just a shame that we don't have a left back with similar skill levels.

I wasn't at the game tonight but from what I've read it sounds like we could have a good right side combo happening with Marshall and Bennett.

Archived