BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fulham At Home

I think Lenihan's a work in progress and Lambert will prefer a more experienced player alongside Gomez and Evans.

If he sticks with Lenihan til the end of the season, the lad will benefit enormously from the experience.

He is worth a new contract but depends who PL has his eye on.

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A really good win , achieved by a powerful pressing approach mixed with a bit of lawful physical " intimidation" . It was great to see a Rovers team boss the game from minute one to minute ninety. We've been crying out for this type of dominant performance for years and hopefully there'll be more to come once Lambert gets more of his types of players at the club. I watched Tom Cairney with interest last night and his performance summed up the Gary Bowyer era . When the tough get going Tom was nowhere to be seen. I'm glad Rovers didn't splash out £3million on him .

Finally it always annoys me when another club copies our unique shirt design and puts their own colours and badge on it. A message to all the clubs that are tempted to do the same " keep your badge and colours off our shirt ( design ) , its been ours since 1875 "

If you want to copy a shirt , do what that lot did down the M65 and copy Aston Villa's

That was always the thing with TC he was a master shirker and hider. Doesn't really want to know unless the ball at his feet and doesn't go looking for it enough. Probably the best technical player we had by some chalk but he never did enough for me. He wasn't the only one either and you rightly pointed out that he fit right in with the GB era.

Evans, Marshall, Rhodes, Henley & one or two others all guilty of that too often in the past. With TC and Rhodes you'll never change them though but with some of the others they can give more physically and I think that's what Lambert can get out of them. If you don't step it up then you'll get left behind and that's the attitude we want.

I think that's why I was so angry after Saturday as that performance as a whole was a big step back to the previous lame mindset but normal service was resumed last night.

Fail to see where Grimes fits in now.

I believe allot of credit for last nights performance should go down to Lambert. Before the game, many on this thread could not believe the line up that he chose. As someone else posted earlier, I think he had identified Fulhams weakness and knew that they could be, essentially bullied, particularly in midfield. Credit to the team who carried out instructions from the first to the last minute.

Last week, Lambert stated that we now had the personnel to be able to change tactics and shape. I am thinking that what he was meaning is game to game depending on the opposition as well as within games if something is not working. We won't be playing Fulham every week and if he, Lambert, identifies a different system to that played last evening against a different team then the likes of Grimes and Watt will come into their own.

I am actually excited for the future although understand there will be dissapointments to come because it is still very early days.

Funny how when we signed Graham, people were saying he isn't a target man, and just another flat-track bully like Rhodes but without the goals.

From the sounds of it, he led the line superbly last night.

He did mate. Couldn't understand the moaning about Graham, he's a good player at this level. Could have had a hat trick last night, that one goal now might give him the confidence he needed to start scoring regularly.

Good performance last night from the team, a proper team performance, and showed the difference that Lambert makes from Bowyer, got his tactics spot on.

• Backroom

That Linehan looked decent. Lambert needs time, next season will be far better. Two excellent coaches in him and Irvine.

Embarrassing performance from Fulham.

Well played.

You have some decent players but they didn't seem up for it, what's with the keeper he kept passing short even though we closed down time and time again.

Is that a trait of the keeper or the manager?

He did mate. Couldn't understand the moaning about Graham, he's a good player at this level. Could have had a hat trick last night, that one goal now might give him the confidence he needed to start scoring regularly.

Hopefully. His most recent spells at this level now read:

2009-10: 46 (14)

2010-11: 45 (24)

2013-14: 18 (6)

2014-15: 5 (1)

2015-16: 2 (1)

So he definitely knows where the goal is. I hope we can work out a deal to keep him here beyond the summer.

• Backroom

Funny how when we signed Graham, people were saying he isn't a target man, and just another flat-track bully like Rhodes but without the goals.

From the sounds of it, he led the line superbly last night.

Reminded me of Kuqi (Brown) and Dickov (Graham) last night. Lots of chasing and roughing up with Brown sitting a little further back to be the battering ram, with Graham using strength and short bursts of pace to get in behind.

Every player seemed that bit stronger than their individual opponent last night.

• Backroom

That Linehan looked decent. Lambert needs time, next season will be far better. Two excellent coaches in him and Irvine.

Well played.

SJ seems to have inherited a similar situation to Lambert, and is similarly struggling to get a consistent tune out of your team. Obviously the embargo doesn't help, especially if it isn't lifted by the summer.

Just got back home after a much happier drive than the weekend. The level of effort was superb, this as a fan is pretty much the minimum you want to see. Brown is a terrible footballer but he was all over their back four and worked hard all game, I had him for man of the match, you can't fault his effort. Gomez looked a class player and found his team mates feet with forward moving passes, I think he played a reverse pass/cross at some point in the first half and you could sense the feeling of relief in the riverside as we were watching a footballer at last.

Before the game around the ground it was really odd, we thought the game was off! I got a seat in the Blues bar for the first time ever. We left it till the last minute to walk on and expected nothing, what we got was a very good honest performance that needs to be repeated match in match out.

Really enjoyed that, that is what is required to bring people back to the ground.

Just got back home after a much happier drive than the weekend. The level of effort was superb, this as a fan is pretty much the minimum you want to see. Brown is a terrible footballer but he was all over their back four and worked hard all game, I had him for man of the match, you can't fault his effort. Gomez looked a class player and found his team mates feet with forward moving passes, I think he played a reverse pass/cross at some point in the first half and you could sense the feeling of relief in the riverside as we were watching a footballer at last.

Before the game around the ground it was really odd, we thought the game was off! I got a seat in the Blues bar for the first time ever. We left it till the last minute to walk on and expected nothing, what we got was a very good honest performance that needs to be repeated match in match out.

Really enjoyed that, that is what is required to bring people back to the ground.

Re the Gomez pass, it was a sublime ball into Graham. He didn't even look up, he just knew where he was going to be.

Time just seems to slow down when he's on the ball.

Think Fulham are just a typical average Championship side with a few really good players who when on form can hurt opponents. Same as us in previous seasons whereby they rely on the better guys to pull them through but they go missing too often and no one else steps up. We wanted it more last night and it was all too easy to win the battles all over the pitch.

Good to hear that the strikers put in a hardworking performance upfront.

Rhodes rarely gave defenders any sort of physical challenge, which has a knock-on effect on the rest of the team.

Need to continue this run of good performances and build a winning mentality before next season.

Well played.

What your view on your Manager Jokanovic?

Do you expect a major overhaul of your squad?

Plus McCormack didnt look interest at all last night? Why tho?

Great result and by all accounts, a vastly improved performance.

Seems like Graham and Brown caused Fulham defence merry hell.

Sick of the Rhodes love-in from some - fact is that the aggression and offensive movement now being shown will result in more domination, more chances, more goals and more points.

Oxford, M'boro and Fulham are evidence, IMV, that a plan and way of playing is starting to emerge/work. I'll accept Hull as an aberration and that will happen from time to time (don't forget we lost 3 key players at the death).

It was never going to be easy but in Lambert we trust.

Just watched the highlights for the first time after a very enjoyable evening at Ewood. Even in the short video, you can see the high press in effect with us almost adopting a front three at times when Fulham had possession at the back or goal kicks, which forced numerous errors from their backline. (edit)

Fulham were truly awful but we outthought and outfought them and could have even scored a couple more. Marshall was immense and I was pleased to see Bennett get two assists as he played very well and has received some harsh criticism on here IMO. Brown showed how he can be effective despite his limited ability and I thought he and Graham both troubled the Fulham backline to no end. Hanley and Duffy looked solid throughout and rarely gave the Fulham attackers a sniff. Evans was great today IMO, Lenihan worked tirelessly and Gomez put himself about a bit more than on Saturday, complimenting his neat passing play (how we've missed some creativity). I was disappointed Watt didn't get a few minutes (despite his poor show on Saturday) but I am sure Lambert is nurturing his fitness back. Also would have liked to have seen Grimes get a run out but can understand why he wasn't put on. Gutted Jackson didn't get a goal after good work and a great run.

A few negatives... Steele's kicking was largely woeful. There were a few too many aimless lumps from the back for my liking, though I was happy to see us adopting a less direct passing approach for the most part. I thought we were a little static at times when in possession, especially the front two, despite the hard work put in. And finally, Tommy Spurr. He did some good things here and there but the number of times he got outpaced, slowed play down (when we were attacking) or gave the ball away was frightening.

A good performance and result. Not expecting fireworks on Sunday but if we perform like we did last night we could cause an upset!

Well played.

Good to see you still loitering with intent matey, Fulham look really good normally but lightweight and don't like being bullied which is exactly what old PL set us up to do.

Hope they survive this season it has been a rocky ride of late for them, seen to many good sides implode recently and oddly us to a lesser extent (We didn't do a wigan/Blackpool/Bolton for example)

Just watched the highlights for the first time after a very enjoyable evening at Ewood. Even in the short video, you can see the high press in effect with us almost adopting a front three at times when Fulham had possession at the back or goal kicks, which forced numerous errors from their backline. (edit)

Fulham were truly awful but we outthought and outfought them and could have even scored a couple more. Marshall was immense and I was pleased to see Bennett get two assists as he played very well and has received some harsh criticism on here IMO. Brown showed how he can be effective despite his limited ability and I thought he and Graham both troubled the Fulham backline to no end. Hanley and Duffy looked solid throughout and rarely gave the Fulham attackers a sniff. Evans was great today IMO, Lenihan worked tirelessly and Gomez put himself about a bit more than on Saturday, complimenting his neat passing play (how we've missed some creativity). I was disappointed Watt didn't get a few minutes (despite his poor show on Saturday) but I am sure Lambert is nurturing his fitness back. Also would have liked to have seen Grimes get a run out but can understand why he wasn't put on. Gutted Jackson didn't get a goal after good work and a great run.

A few negatives... Steele's kicking was largely woeful. There were a few too many aimless lumps from the back for my liking, though I was happy to see us adopting a less direct passing approach for the most part. I thought we were a little static at times when in possession, especially the front two, despite the hard work put in. And finally, Tommy Spurr. He did some good things here and there but the number of times he got outpaced, slowed play down (when we were attacking) or gave the ball away was frightening.

A good performance and result. Not expecting fireworks on Sunday but if we perform like we did last night we could cause an upset!

Pretty sure spurr would of not featured had we sold Rhodes quicker, our interest in Fox pretty much confirmed it but he involved a fee which meant when Rhodes was delayed it was a tad to late. When he joined and we played a 442 he fit in to a degree, but his utter lack of pace and passing ability make him a liability these days especially with the formations PL is playing.

Archived