BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fulham At Home

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't think I've seen us nick the ball off the oppo's feet so much since Hughes was here. Wonderful to watch.

Very good point. Epitomised by Evans who was superb tonight.

Good to see the return of prospective player of the season Hanley. Not just for his own individual performance but the way he organised the defence.

Marshall was very good again. Right back is his best position. Far more effective getting forward from full back than he is on the wing. He is turning into a very good full back and in time could play in this position in the PL in my opinion.

Special mention for Bennett. I have previously criticised him for being slow and sluggish; he was anything but tonight. Looked pretty sharp and put some good crosses in.

I also thought Spurr was finished after his error on Saturday; I expected Lambert to drop him. To Spurr's credit he had a very solid game tonight.

All in all a surprisingly and seldom enjoyable 90 minutes at Ewood!

You couldn't fault Brown's effort tonight but he is still a very poor player there's no getting away from it. In fact both front men were guilty of not attacking the ball when when some excellent balls came across the box second half. That didn't matter on the night because Bennett had got us on the way by earning a penalty and Duffy finally scored after missing something like 29 previous attempts from similar positions. It's what we've been missing for the last 3 and a half years both with and without Rhodes, the rest of the side putting in a shift and a couple contributing in terms of getting on the scoresheet.

You couldn't fault Brown's effort tonight but he is still a very poor player there's no getting away from it. In fact both front men were guilty of not attacking the ball when when some excellent balls came across the box second half.

There only seems to be you and JAL criticising the front two after tonight.

You might want to let that sink in for a second.

You couldn't fault Brown's effort tonight but he is still a very poor player there's no getting away from it. In fact both front men were guilty of not attacking the ball when when some excellent balls came across the box second half. That didn't matter on the night because Bennett had got us on the way by earning a penalty and Duffy finally scored after missing something like 29 previous attempts from similar positions. It's what we've been missing for the last 3 and a half years both with and without Rhodes, the rest of the side putting in a shift and a couple contributing in terms of getting on the scoresheet.

Marshall got the penalty rev.

It was cold tonight and I didn't really notice it. Says it all really. Focused on the match. Players backing each other up, chasing down the opposition, looking to pass forward if possible. Running into the area with the ball, putting pressure on the opposition. I would have given Evans MOTM but I thought Marshall was almost a one man team at the start, dragging other players with him so I don't begrudge him it. His performance lifted the confidence of the rest of the team. Scoring the first goal is so important. We've scored so few that we always seem very nervous that we won't score and then when the mistake happens, the pressure is even greater. Lovely to see us score 3. I certainly can't remember last time I witnessed that. All in all a great performance when it really mattered and we got the result we deserved.

Poor stuff Rev. As Lambert said, tonight's was a true team effort. Everyone worked their socks off and didn't allow Fulham time on the ball which made a big difference to the outcome. The front two were both out on their feet around the 80 minute mark - they'd worked that hard.

It was cold tonight and I didn't really notice it. Says it all really. Focused on the match. Players backing each other up, chasing down the opposition, looking to pass forward if possible. Running into the area with the ball, putting pressure on the opposition. I would have given Evans MOTM but I thought Marshall was almost a one man team at the start, dragging other players with him so I don't begrudge him it. His performance lifted the confidence of the rest of the team. Scoring the first goal is so important. We've scored so few that we always seem very nervous that we won't score and then when the mistake happens, the pressure is even greater. Lovely to see us score 3. I certainly can't remember last time I witnessed that. All in all a great performance when it really mattered and we got the result we deserved.

Glad you enjoyed it gumboots - please don't stay away again, nights like tonight are why we suffer the crappy games :rover:

Poor stuff Rev. As Lambert said, tonight's was a true team effort. Everyone worked their socks off and didn't allow Fulham time on the ball which made a big difference to the outcome. The front two were both out on their feet around the 80 minute mark - they'd worked that hard.

Thought both front two looked poor but then so was Fulham.

People talk about Cairney being a 1 in 8 player, but Marshall's none too dissimilar. We all know he's got the quality, it's whether he can turn the corner and show it on a regular basis.

I agree, though I feel he's actually been a little bit more consistent since Lambert came (especially at full back)

I was pretty despondent after Saturday but looking back now, that is 3 half decent performances in the last 4 matches. Saturday was against the top team in the league and 3 players dropped out on the day of the match so some mitigating circumstances.

Tonight was great. Marshall was immense in the first half and then stuck to defending in the second. Evans looks at home in the diamond and I thought Bennett was really good too. Hanley made a big difference and Duffy was more confident for having him alongside.

Pity Graham can't play on Sunday because he causes problems for the back 4. Time for Tony Watt to step in maybe.

Thought both front two looked poor but then so was Fulham.

People are praising them for immense work rate JAL. It's the first priority of any footballer and something that a certain ex centre forward didn't show that often. They deserve a bit more credit tonight for their efforts than a couple of posters are prepared to give them.

Think this also shows that the FA Cup is of massive importance and not just a distraction. Rovers will be just fine in the league barring injuries or numerous suspensions. Is Grimes cup tied at all? Would be surprised if he is after Lambert didn't bring him on tonight.

Been told Grimes is cup tied.

People are praising them for immense work rate JAL. It's the first priority of any footballer and something that a certain ex centre forward didn't show that often. They deserve a bit more credit tonight for their efforts than a couple of posters are prepared to give them.

Correct. It sets the tone for the rest of the team. This also applies when the forward/s isn't/aren't putting the work in, which - at the risk of opening up a debate that has been done to death - has been a major problem with our team for about 3 years!

There only seems to be you and JAL criticising the front two after tonight.

You might want to let that sink in for a second.

Some are struggling with the concept that a team can perform better with lesser players playing fully as a unit.

Easy to underestimate unity, team spirit, shared goals, horizons and dreams. The intangibles. Confidence. Belief. Would have thought Jal especially would get it. Young men often thrown around in their career rolling with the punches constantly. There needs to be a coherent shared vision they can buy into and a figurehead they trust.

Others advocated Bowyer needed time and they were of course right. But he was the wrong man. We all know this new guy has got the tee shirts. Time for our fans to unite at long last.

They need to be able to do a lot more den as the movement upfront tonight was static for large periods of the game.

Poor defending and goalkeeping from Fulham gave Rovers a comfortable victory.

Not going to get carried away with tonight, Its always good to see us comfortably win and I'm chuffed that some of the lads put in some good performances. Hopefully that goal gets Graham going, poor keeping but suppose you'll get those here and there if you hit the target enough.

Personally dont see Brown as the first choice solution to partner Graham, has to be Watt for me. I'm comfortable for him to be an option to throw on to ask a question but shouldn't be a starter... It's a tricky one because he seems to be the sort of player who needs to start to grow into the game to perform but bottom line is you cant be starting a centre forward who is not a goal threat at all. Be interesting if they offer him another contract despite never scoring a goal!

Pleased that Bennett has gotten a good performance under his belt, some of our fans are ridculous when it comes to writing players off, deserves to keep his place now.

Sign Gomez ASAP. Class.

• Backroom

They need to be able to do a lot more den as the movement upfront tonight was static for large periods of the game.

Poor defending and goalkeeping from Fulham gave Rovers a comfortable victory.

I know I'm meant to be relatively impartial as a mod, but you've proved tonight that you the square root of @#/? all about what a good performance is.

Archived