BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fulham At Home

what an excellent team performance from every player tonight. This the way we should be playing every game and I would imagined that the way Lambert wants his team to play.

The strikers never stop working, running, closing down. impressed by both Graham and Brown. Pleased that Graham got his goal. deserve it.

Thought Evans played the defensive midfielder role very good. tackled, close down.

Defence was solid but not much to do from a very poor Fulham performance. But Rovers made them poor by high pressing game and high tempo.

Thought Bennett had a very good game in the advance midfield role. running beyond the strikers, closing the Fulham players down, movement off the ball good.

On Cairney, he was very poor and showed by Rovers get rid. he didn't look interested all game and most of team mates were the same tbh

I know I'm meant to be relatively impartial as a mod, but you've proved tonight that you the square root of @#/? all about what a good performance is.

why bothered Mike, the guy clearly doesn't have a clue.

If any fans don't give the Rovers fans and Lambert for an excellent team performance or don't rate the performance highly then clearly you don't know what an excellent team performance is!

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Lenihan had 20 stitches in his head and Chris Brown was also cut open - good to see a bit of blood, sweat and tears for the cause! Both eager to get back on the pitch as well.

Honestly so good to see us bully a team like that; Cairney looked like he wanted to run to his mummy.

Bit surprised by the "Cairney what's the score" chants though having been player of the season for 2013-14. Hope Rhodes won't get that treatment (particularly after what he did for that kid other week not that I would mind another 3-0!) especially when compared to players who are morally repugnant, did nothing for Rovers yet didn't get so much as a boo. Nobody near me chanted that but nobody seemed disappointed by it either.

Poor stuff Rev. As Lambert said, tonight's was a true team effort. Everyone worked their socks off and didn't allow Fulham time on the ball which made a big difference to the outcome. The front two were both out on their feet around the 80 minute mark - they'd worked that hard.

I think we'll be seeing a lot more of Brown, especially listening to Lambert after the game. He was playing the high pressing game that Lambert wants to adopt. More so than that, he was frightening the Fulham defenders to death. I wouldn't like to have him charging at me at pace. He never game them a moments peace and I'd say he was a big reason for our success. They couldn't settle and play the ball out from the back, they had to resort to punting it forward and Hanley and Duffy just cleared it time and time again. If he can keep up his fitness and do that every game I think he can contribute greatly. He certainly won't score any goals but his workrate was higher than Graham, who did get on the score sheet.

I say let's get behind Brown as 'one of our own' and turn him into a cult hero and see just how much it can improve his confidence. Never thought I'd say that a few weeks ago.

Browny Army! :rover:

Bit surprised by the "Cairney what's the score" chants though having been player of the season for 2013-14. Hope Rhodes won't get that treatment (particularly after what he did for that kid other week not that I would mind another 3-0!) especially when compared to players who are morally repugnant, did nothing for Rovers yet didn't get so much as a boo. Nobody near me chanted that but nobody seemed disappointed by it either.

I hope Rhodes gets a round of applause when he comes out and then when the game kicks off he gets the bird off the crowd for 90 minutes, because you can be certain that if he scores, he'll celebrate!

Absolutely delighted with the effort put in last night, we didn't give them a second and a couple more goals certainly wouldn't have flattered us. We are still gelling and I'm sure over the rest of this season there will be more second 45's vs Hull than the 90 over Fulham but I see how Lambert wants us to play and I really like it.

The front two led the charge, the midfielders worked tirelessly and the back four looked extremely solid, what more could you ask for. Great ovations were given for effort, we played a triangle of passes and spurr shanked the cross the fans were delighted as we haven't seen it for so long also the same when Brown chased a lost cause and won possession for Graham, the championship is 90% Labore and 10% Arte.

Fair play to the ref too we made some ferocious tackles and the Fulham lads didn't want to know, he let the game flow. Though O'Hara was a lucky boy when hoofing Lenihan on the bonce!

Glad to see brown getting some credit - people saying he's the worst footballer of all time (yes that's an actual quote from Saturday) have clearly forgotten we signed Myles Anderson.

Gutted I didn't go now. Graham sounds like an old centre forward from the radio- ball sounded like it stuck to him. Glad EB had a good game because he'd done zip since joining!

I think we'll be seeing a lot more of Brown, especially listening to Lambert after the game. He was playing the high pressing game that Lambert wants to adopt. More so than that, he was frightening the Fulham defenders to death. I wouldn't like to have him charging at me at pace. He never game them a moments peace and I'd say he was a big reason for our success. They couldn't settle and play the ball out from the back, they had to resort to punting it forward and Hanley and Duffy just cleared it time and time again. If he can keep up his fitness and do that every game I think he can contribute greatly. He certainly won't score any goals but his workrate was higher than Graham, who did get on the score sheet.

I say let's get behind Brown as 'one of our own' and turn him into a cult hero and see just how much it can improve his confidence. Never thought I'd say that a few weeks ago.

Browny Army! :rover:

Some weeks ago and before Brown signed (I think) PL said he wanted a "Street Fighter up front" and from all reports Brown fits that bill perfectly, looks like he has the job to create chaos in the opposition defence giving others the chance to capitalise, but hopefully he can grab a few himself.

Some weeks ago and before Brown signed (I think) PL said he wanted a "Street Fighter up front" and from all reports Brown fits that bill perfectly, looks like he has the job to create chaos in the opposition defence giving others the chance to capitalise, but hopefully he can grab a few himself.

Brown has been here for years. Think PL was referring to Graham.

• Moderation Lead

We won 3-0 and anyone putting a dampener on that needs to give their head a wobble. Some of the comments from some posters are downright embarrassing. Fancy not praising the front two, when Brown didn't stop running all night and Graham notched. I feel sorry for whoever won't give them the praise they deserved after that showing. Imagine if Graham or Brown read this messageboard, they must think 'what a bunch of ungrateful swines'. (Perhaps not as politely as that!!)

Only a bit of fun. Cairney knows we liked him when he was here, just like Rhodes does. As far as I'm concerned when they turn up wearing another team's colours they are the enemy and just as much a target for abuse (or 'banter' as it usually is) as any other player.

I assume Cairney wasn't the victim of any physical or aggressive verbal abuse.... i.e. coins being thrown? If the worst he got was 'Cairney what's the score' then I can't believe it's even been noted.

If Rhodes gets dogs abuse on his return then so be it - I couldn't care less. As long as it isn't physical, or verbal to a point of aggressive and threatening then what's your problem? I certainly won't be bloody clapping him.

Brown was rubbish tonight the worst centre forward Rovers have had in a long long time thank god Fulham are not up for it good to see Grant back.

Trolling is a bannable offence - just FYI

:P

Clearly not Tom.

There only seems to be you and JAL criticising the front two after tonight.

You might want to let that sink in for a second.

The mind boggles.

Thought both front two looked poor but then so was Fulham.

So were Fulham JAL, so were Fulham.

They need to be able to do a lot more den as the movement upfront tonight was static for large periods of the game.

Poor defending and goalkeeping from Fulham gave Rovers a comfortable victory.

You sound absolutely gutted that we won JAL.

We won 3-0 and anyone putting a dampener on that needs to give their head a wobble. Some of the comments from some people are downright embarrassing. Fancy not praising the front two, when Brown didn't stop running all night and Graham notched. I feel sorry for whoever won't give them the praise they deserved after that showing.

There are some funny people about. Let's hope we go on a bit of a run now and ruin a lot of peoples "enjoyment". Still, at least it's raining now.

This is exactly why we wanted Rhodesy to be more dynamic. By keeping the opposition under pressure when they have the ball it takes the pressure off our Defence and gives midfield more of an attacking purpose. Have we forgotten the 10 men of the Blues versus Leeds United at home in 95/96 or sometime like that...the ultimate Shearer performance and one probably we will never witness the like of again.

COYB

Think we probably all overreacted post Hull. They were by far the best side I've seen at Ewood this season.

Fulham are your usual Championship quality and I thought we controlled the game throughout. Defending from the front, constant harassing of them when out of possession, chances created and Hanley organising the back line.

Lets face it, we are a bang average second tier side, but we can all hope that Lambert is given free reign (and funds) in the summer to finally sort this club out.

I was a bit surprised by the reaction to Cairney who, as far as I know, was as surprised by the move as anyone was, and certainly didn't push for it. He said all the right things about his time at rovers when he left. Bit churlish by the fans I felt

Archived