BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fulham At Home

Thats pretty much how it was and it was only the fact that through the opposition being poor that it allowed Rovers to win by so many.

You don't think that our closing them down, from the front, and all over the pitch made them look poor JAL?

You sound absolutely gutted that we won.

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fulham have only won two games in their last seventeen games and it was there for all to see.

In no way and being witness did Graham and Brown cause Fulham problems.

Chris Brown should be nowhere near Blackburn Rovers football club ...so slow, so lacking in ability, is he.

Evans looked more on his toes and so did Duffy from previous games that I'd witnessed them play in previously

I know football is about opinions but you are in a vast minority with yours - are they all wrong and you are right? Or do you like playing the pantomime villain? Nobody said that Brown is the new Shearer but praised his performance in one game. If you didn't think he closed down defenders and stopped them playing out from the back quite simply you are wrong. Your agenda is based around negativity.

By the way did you realise you gave Duffy a back handed compliment by saying he was on his toes (whatever that means).

The way Gomez just slowly rolled the ball into space for Spurr, Bennett, etc to (hopefully) run onto, was mouth-watering.

The rest just have to catch up with him mentally and we'll be a force.

Class.

(Though not on the PR front as he and Watt sulked their way through a long signing session today in the Roverstore. No colours or Rovers clothing of any kind and not a word or a smile for any of the kids while we were there).

Maybe that's just while they could see you. ;)

They don't look quite as miserable in these pics as you describe them. Or ignoring the kids for that matter.

http://www.rovers.co.uk/news/article/roverstore-jordi-gomez-tony-watt-2960514.aspx

How many times over the last few years have we been out- enthused by " inferior " teams ? On Tuesday night that didn't happen and we out-enthused another team for once. That's great to see. Without the right work ethic at the club you can can bring in all the good players you like but nothing will change. Unless they're exceptional pro's they'll slide into the same ways as the existing playing staff.

I'm really chuffed we're a more mobile, enthusiastic, aggressive team. We've been much too easy to play against for too long in my opinion.

Maybe that's just while they could see you. ;)

They don't look quite as miserable in these pics as you describe them. Or ignoring the kids for that matter.

http://www.rovers.co.uk/news/article/roverstore-jordi-gomez-tony-watt-2960514.aspx

Oh, sorry, just realised your role on the Messageboard.

As you will see, even in those pics, they're barely smiling.

Trust me, I wouldn't post something if it wasn't true. They seemed very shy and didn't want to be there.

I'm not attacking the club, or them, just stating the facts.

I know they are paid to do their stuff on the pitch and not at PR events but at previous similar events, Rhodes, Judge, Taylor, Akpan, Duffy, et al, have been able to force a smile and the odd comment.

Trust me, it makes a difference to the kids who queued up for an hour or more.

Next club response, V?

I can understand every word he says

I don't know why put that creased me up. ROFL.

Half the people on this messageboard would, on finding a fiver in the street moan it wasn't a tenner!

I would for sure!

Anyway and trying to be serious for a moment and through reinstating my sub to Rovers Players I watched the 12 mins or so of highlights and got so into it again I then watched the full game. Good to see proper effort but glad Fulham's early chances went wide. Take the points from wherever they come, stay safe and let's get it right next season. Roll on Sunday!

got to agree with garnersfags...took my two kids down and watched them as we were queuing up and they couldn't crack a smile between them. They did themselves no favours whatsoever and even the kids commented that "they didn't look very happy".

Was no Gomez or Watt related items in the shop for them to sign, they quite clearly didn't want to be there and the staff in the shop even wanted to lock the shop doors early, presumably so the players could get away as quickly as possible. All in all, a bit of a waste of time.

I get that players don't HAVE to do this sort of thing, but still a pretty poor show from them in my opinion.

Surely a number of PR events (if requested) are in their contracts.

As long as they do the business on the pitch then they can sulk all they want. Nobody wants role model, professional, smiling, 'poster boys' at Rovers anyway. ;)

Some people don't smile a lot. Sit me behind a desk like that and I'd not smile all the way through either. Even if it's in your contract that doesn't make it your cup of tea all the time. Gomez had played hard the night before too. He probably did just want to go home and put his feet up. As long as they spoke to the kids and weren't unpleasant I hardly think not smiling much is a fair stick to beat them with.

That would have been good if Pedro hadn't already done this... funny and preemptive!

I think you'll find it was me that started making all the wallpaper puns not long after we signed Danny Graham. The Fulham game was never a match really with those two up front.

It felt wrong to find Amy Schumer attractive. More so now.

Your just an upside down type of guy

I don't know why put that creased me up. ROFL.

I would for sure!

Anyway and trying to be serious for a moment and through reinstating my sub to Rovers Players I watched the 12 mins or so of highlights and got so into it again I then watched the full game. Good to see proper effort but glad Fulham's early chances went wide. Take the points from wherever they come, stay safe and let's get it right next season. Roll on Sunday!

Me too, that's why I liked it without commenting

:lol:

Some people don't smile a lot. Sit me behind a desk like that and I'd not smile all the way through either. Even if it's in your contract that doesn't make it your cup of tea all the time. Gomez had played hard the night before too. He probably did just want to go home and put his feet up. As long as they spoke to the kids and weren't unpleasant I hardly think not smiling much is a fair stick to beat them with.

If someone paid me thousands of pounds a week to play the sport I love and spend the odd day, once a year, signing autographs and posing for photos, I wouldn't stop smiling.

Yeah, I'd be inclined to agree with you there, Stuart. Though, I appreciate gumboots' point too. Maybe I'm old fashioned in this sense, but I do think they should make an extra effort with young fans. Kids that age hero-worship the players, don't they? A smile and a kind word is all it'd take.

I remember being made up when I met Steve bloody Agnew of all people!

got to agree with garnersfags...took my two kids down and watched them as we were queuing up and they couldn't crack a smile between them. They did themselves no favours whatsoever and even the kids commented that "they didn't look very happy".

Was no Gomez or Watt related items in the shop for them to sign, they quite clearly didn't want to be there and the staff in the shop even wanted to lock the shop doors early, presumably so the players could get away as quickly as possible. All in all, a bit of a waste of time.

I get that players don't HAVE to do this sort of thing, but still a pretty poor show from them in my opinion.

maybe they were told not to smile too much as the fans would take it as they were happy to be 18th

:lol:;)

Thats pretty much how it was and it was only the fact that through the opposition being poor that it allowed Rovers to win by so many.

I think it was Rovers' will to win and effort throughout everyone who stepped on the pitch that have people drooling JAL. We've been so long overdue some desire and effort - I've not noticed anyone mentioning skill or creativity etc.

Youre right, Pedro. On Tuesday we got what we'd all been crying out for, an all out effort from every player on the pitch. We all know some of them aren't very good. We all know that a very short while ago few if any of them would have been anywhere near our first team, and perhaps not even at our club. But on Tuesday night, they all played to the best of their ability, however limited that may be, and all gave all they had. It may be the bare minimum we as fans expect, but how many times have we seen it recently? It's that that people are applauding

Archived