BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fulham At Home

Fulham played three at the back on Saturday with a five man midfield. Hopefully we will have a plan to stop us being overrun in midfield. Parker and O'Hara looked really good but generally had time on the ball to pick a pass. Hopefully we will put in a performance similar to the one at Middlesbrough when we pressed high and denied their ball players time and room.

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone know, when going onto the rovers ticket site, can you not look at the blocks and pick a particular seat? I like end of row seats (very fussy).

It says on the site "Click on the area in which you wish to sit to produce an overview of blocks." However when I click on it, it just takes me directly to buying a ticket.

Does anyone know, when going onto the rovers ticket site, can you not look at the blocks and pick a particular seat? I like end of row seats (very fussy).

It says on the site "Click on the area in which you wish to sit to produce an overview of blocks." However when I click on it, it just takes me directly to buying a ticket.

It did this to me recently when trying to get seats for my nephew, its really annoying and pretty poor for a high end ticketing site.

It did this to me recently when trying to get seats for my nephew, its really annoying and pretty poor for a high end ticketing site.

Ano mate, and all you get from the club is "ring the ticket office" - well that's still not going to show me what seats are available is it!!!! Like you say, frustrating pal.

I have to say I think we are in a bit of a bind. A diamond doesnt suit our full backs, but we seem to need to play it to suit Gomez? Hmm. How about this as an alternative?

--------------Steele

Marshall---Ward----Hanley---Spurr

-------Evans/Akpan---Grimes

----Ward------Gomez----Conway

--------------Graham

Could work? Allows Conway to play his natural game. Allows Watt to use his pace to support Graham. It gets Grimes on the ball early. A goer?

Fulham played three at the back on Saturday with a five man midfield. Hopefully we will have a plan to stop us being overrun in midfield. Parker and O'Hara looked really good but generally had time on the ball to pick a pass. Hopefully we will put in a performance similar to the one at Middlesbrough when we pressed high and denied their ball players time and room.

Usually the best way to counter a 5-3-2 is to go 4-3-3, it means you don't get overrun in the centre of midfield and you can try and pin their wing backs back in defence, making them very narrow in attack.

Problem is, I don't know if we have the players to play 4-3-3. We don't have any natural wide attackers.

It does the same to me if I try to purchase tickets on my mobile, I've had no issues when buying from a computer though

I think it might just take you to the quick seats option on phones and tablets. You can normally pick a seat of your choice but have to agree the new site is absolute bobbins compared to the old one. Not the clubs fault though as everyone in the Champ has the same disgraceful cheap shoddy run sites that some 12 yrd old geek could create from his bedroom.

Agree with KHod. Much prefer width and proper wingers than a narrow diamond. I also like fast full-backs that can get up and down. Pathetic how we have addressed the full back positions this last few years.

I would prefer us playing 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 tbh but I think Marshall is playing very good at right back.

But atm I want to play 2 up front with Graham and Watt plus Gomez in the hole.

in my mind tonight is the biggest game in our recent history and could go a long way to defing our future.I honestly think its that big. Win and it releases some intense pressure . Lose or draw and I think the pressure cooker explodes and the players we have wont be good enough to get us out of it. I think lose tonight and i can honestly see Lambert being potted ,not saying I want it but it wouldnt surprise me .

Saturday ranks in an all time low for me . It showed me exactly what venkys have done to our onc proud club.

in my mind tonight is the biggest game in our recent history and could go a long way to defing our future.I honestly think its that big. Win and it releases some intense pressure . Lose or draw and I think the pressure cooker explodes and the players we have wont be good enough to get us out of it. I think lose tonight and i can honestly see Lambert being potted ,not saying I want it but it wouldnt surprise me .

Saturday ranks in an all time low for me . It showed me exactly what venkys have done to our onc proud club.

Looking at our fixtures after tonight, you make a good point.

25 goals scored in 29 games this season. One for the statistician's out there, but have we ever scored fewer goals than games played in our league history? I know in 98/99 when we went down for the first time we were even stevens on that front (38 from 38).

That a real horror show, but not surprising when we just don't seem to sign players with a decent goal scoring record at any level. To be honest I would prefer to sign someone who has scored 20 in League One rather than 5 in the Premier League.

The level may be poorer, but to a certain extent scoring goals is a habit irrespective of the standard. It's uncommon for a low scoring but theoretically "good" striker to drop a level and suddenly start scoring loads. We thought that would happen with Nuno Gomes but it didn't. Much less likely, imo, than a high scoring striker stepping up from a lower level and continuing to score at a decent rate.

It's uncommon for a low scoring but theoretically "good" striker to drop a level and suddenly start scoring loads

I dunno really, it's not too uncommon. Abel Hernandez and Cameron Jerome probably being the best recent examples. Bobby Zamora seems to have become a consistent goal threat again after dropping down a level.

I'm only making this point to justify the hope I have in Danny Graham coming good. :)

Apols if already confirmed, but has anyone news or ITK info on whether Hanley n Graham are fit?

I've assummed super-Akpo is better.

Will be a v good game.

If Fulham decide to attack us, their legendary shameful away record will continue.

If they are cagey and play on the break, it will be very tight.

I'm expecting one of the new boys to shine tonight, just hope it's enough to squeak the priceless 3 points, and maybe squeeze a vital extra 500 on the Sunday gate.

The few of us there tonight are the hardcore so I hope we respond to a positive start and really get behind the lads as they commence the belated new Lambert era.

(Isn't it weird how, 3 hours before a kick-off, all depression, anger, and frustration is temporarily replaced by a misguided but powerful sense that anything just may be possible. Suppose it's the realisation that, if not, we might as well join the fatally disaffected 12,000)

COYMB!!!!!

If everyone is fit then I would start with the same eleven that started the Middlesbrough game. That performance was hugely impressive. However, if Graham, Akpan and Hanley are still missing then I wouldn't see much change from those who featured on Saturday. There isn't a great deal of depth to the squad at the moment.

The worrying part Parson, is that we signed 6 players, and got 9mill and we still lack depth in the squad. That's very scary

Sent from my C2305 using Tapatalk

Funny enough Fulham`s manager Jokanovich is the manager we were supposed to be after before taking Lambert on, he really seems to be turning Fulham around. It`ll be interesting to see how they match up tonight.

just seen a horrible accident on M65 westbound inbetween shadsworth and darwen junctions , lorry overturned looked really bad traffic could be very badly affected for tonights game

just seen a horrible accident on M65 westbound inbetween shadsworth and darwen junctions , lorry overturned looked really bad traffic could be very badly affected for tonights game

Taken me 30 mins to travel j6 to j4. Looks like east side is struggling too with j5 westbound closed motorway bridge and roundabout has problems.

Drive carefully, stay safe.

Just gave 3 Fulham fans a lift from Preston Rail Stn to Ewood, we were chatting on the train from London.

They were to get the train to Mill Hill but I took pity on them when they asked for a decent wine bar/restaurant in Mill Hill !!

One is the Head of Comms for FFC. Nice folk and big fans of Damien Duff.

Archived