BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fulham At Home

We desperately need a win tomorrow night, for various reasons, the biggest one being no win in 10 just adds to this noose around our proverbial necks. The boost a win could give us and the cushion between us and the bottom 3 would allow us a bit of breathing space and the allow us to enjoy the cup.

If we don't get the win, it puts massive pressure on the MK Dons game and pressure we can well do without right now. I hope Lambert can come up trumps and start to turn the doubters, who are growing rapidly, around.

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Both Evans and Lenihan should be dropped for the Fulham game after their 45th minute surrender on Saturday.

Neither showed any fight.

I thought Marshall was our best player then

I thought Evans was Rovers second best player on Saturday.

I would play both like Ive said.

Needless to say, a huge game.

Think much will depend on who is fit and who isn't.

Fulham are no mugs - they have, on paper, better players than Rovers but have been playing well below their potential for some time. Impressive win at QPR and perhaps signs that Jokanović is getting them moving in the right direction.

McCormack and Dembele can be sensational at this level and providing it's not too cold for them at Ewood tomorrow night, would be no surprise if they don't run out winners by a couple of goals.

Crikey - get on a Rovers win lads and lasses.

My concern is why was Duffy captain on Saturday. Surely that means that both he and Hanley will play when fit.

I think its time for Lenihen to concentrate on becoming a centre half.

I agree that Marshall should play further forward with Henley at right back but it is the left hand side which is the greater worry.

Spurr is a mistake waiting to happen. Teams have worked out that the left back position is the weak spot.

I thought Marshall was our best player then

I thought Evans was Rovers second best player on Saturday.

I would play both like Ive said.

What did Evans do second half other than stroll around half heartedly. As for Marshall he's generally Rovers best attacking player which highlights the desperately lack of attacking quality right now.

My concern is why was Duffy captain on Saturday. Surely that means that both he and Hanley will play when fit.

I agree that Marshall should play further forward with Henley at right back but it is the left hand side which is the greater worry.

Spurr is a mistake waiting to happen. Teams have worked out that the left back position is the weak spot.

Lenihan is defensive midfielder and not a centre half.

That's why I would play Henley at left back and Marshall at right back until the summer when we can sign a left back and right back to allow Marshall to play on the left side of midfield

Definitely need to pick Marshall and Ward and hope they don't produce a catalogue of errors

I seem to remember my Mam having one of them and me buying a Fred Perry top for about 50p per week :lol:

It doesn't help expecting Spurr to play like a wing back, especially having just sold someone with the pace to do it. Perplexing stuff from the manager that is, someone like Spurr needs protection in front of him these days.

What did Evans do second half other than stroll around half heartedly. As for Marshall he's generally Rovers best attacking player which highlights the desperately lack of attacking quality right now.

The LT reporter Paul Wheelock backed up what I have said

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/14276311.PLAYER_RATINGS__Blackburn_Rovers_0_Hull_City_2/

Lenihan is defensive midfielder and not a centre half.

That's why I would play Henley at left back and Marshall at right back until the summer when we can sign a left back and right back to allow Marshall to play on the left side of midfield

Rovers need Marshall playing further upfield now, not in the summer unless there's some creative talent waiting to come into the team right now.

As I have said there were players in the side/squad whom aren't fit to wear the famous blue and white halves....up top we have arguably the worst forwards ever if anyone thinking the prolific simeon Jackson , Chris Brown ( neither have scored since 2014 ) danny Graham ( check out his awful stats in the last 4 years ) or T Watt ( still dining out on the goal against Barca a good while ago now ) needs to give their head a shake....our best option is for Gomez to hit those trade make free kicks in like he did for Wigan ( even though when the goings tough in midfield he goes hiding ) and for Marshall and Conway to chip in with a few ..

We were abysmal Saturday no other words can describe that no excuses

we need something against Fulham...

I think we'll just have enough to stay up with the 5 point cushion and a few games in hand

Would Chris Brown even get it?

doubtfull

How many times have you seen him play.

Probably around 8 or 10 times. I was always impressed with his quality and vision of distribution and he was better quality than most as have said previously but agree that this was Exeter and at that level. Next few weeks will be interesting. Certainly worth a go as he does have a decent left foot.

My God do we need to win this...every game now seems a mountain to climb.

Attendance..not many.

I'll not lie, I missed the game on Saturday for a trip round London, and the thought of coming back to watch this is making me cringe. Sure I'm not the only one trying to think of something better to do tomorrow night right now, than freeze and watch us launch the ball up to Chris Brown. On the score front, I predict us to get hammered, meaning the up and coming game against MK Dons is massive. Sorry for the negativity, but we are utter cr*p.

I'll not lie, I missed the game on Saturday for a trip round London, and the thought of coming back to watch this is making me cringe. Sure I'm not the only one trying to think of something better to do tomorrow night right now, than freeze and watch us launch the ball up to Chris Brown. On the score front, I predict us to get hammered, meaning the up and coming game against MK Dons is massive. Sorry for the negativity, but we are utter cr*p.

What reason is there to expect a "hammering" though based on the whole season thus far?

As I have said there were players in the side/squad whom aren't fit to wear the famous blue and white halves....up top we have arguably the worst forwards ever if anyone thinking the prolific simeon Jackson , Chris Brown ( neither have scored since 2014 ) danny Graham ( check out his awful stats in the last 4 years ) or T Watt ( still dining out on the goal against Barca a good while ago now ) needs to give their head a shake....our best option is for Gomez to hit those trade make free kicks in like he did for Wigan ( even though when the goings tough in midfield he goes hiding ) and for Marshall and Conway to chip in with a few ..

We were abysmal Saturday no other words can describe that no excuses

we need something against Fulham...

I think we'll just have enough to stay up with the 5 point cushion and a few games in hand

doubtfull

We were solid in the first half against Hull - second half their £14m striker force, all ably supported by £8m signing Livermore - showed what money can buy, You can add Huddlestone - £4.5m and lots more to a squad which is premiership quality with wages to match. Against this we have Rovers - a team in transition - whose biggest transfer (of those playing) was probably Marshall at just over a million. Oh yes - missing Hanley and Graham - with Apkan pulling out just before the match.

Personally I'll reserve judgement - and recognise the quality of forward Hull had on display.

We were solid in the first half against Hull - second half their £14m striker force. All ably supported by £8m signing Livermore, You can add Huddlestone - £4.5m

Exactly.

Their squad cost over 70 million pounds.

Dawson and Davies were solid as rock.

Meyler cant even get a game

Archived