BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Goalkeeper - Time For An Upgrade

Stuart

• Backroom

Steele isn't one to win us matches, we were spoilt by Friedel but he routinely got us through games!

The only time I recall similar in years is Eastwood at Boro.

He's not our biggest issue but he's an issue

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Rovers are looking to go up they need a keeper who's proven not some youngster with no experience.

I agree with that but I'd want Raya to be at least a backup or kept and loaned, he looked like he could be a really good keeper with time.

I agree with that but I'd want Raya to be at least a backup or kept and loaned, he looked like he could be a really good keeper with time.

In which case, he needs to be playing games, not warming a bench. Let him go out on loan.

Steele isn't one to win us matches, we were spoilt by Friedel but he routinely got us through games!

The only time I recall similar in years is Eastwood at Boro.

He's not our biggest issue but he's an issue

The mark of a good keeper isnt the fantastic saves - almost all keepers make great saves at times, its the lack of errors that makes the difference.

Steele is prone to errors, so for me its a priority. Your left winger/ striker/CM makes a mistake, it more often than not doesn't cost you a goal, your keeper makes an error, more often than not it does.

• Moderation Lead

Aye, I thought he was brought into the fold prematurely this season, he had echoes of Jake Kean about him by the time he was taken out of the firing line.

I have to admit, I think Steele has looked better in the last few games, though if a replacement was on our radar, I wouldn't be too averse to it....

It could be a key reason why he's here and even on the bench Tom M.

jeeeeezus you're paranoid, raya came through our system and had been highly rated behind the scenes forca long time, he probavly played a few games tobmany at the start of the season but hopfully he will have learnt from the experience

Would definitely need a new number 1 next season though, im sure theres plenty of good uns knocking around Europe

He's here because he has huge potential. He needs games now on loan. But having watched this lad at U18 and U21 level, he's the best prospect I've seen here since Given.

If so then get him in the nets.

How do you rate young Fisher ?

Once (if!) our position is safe IMO Lambert should give Raya a run of games. Steele has proved over the course of the season that he's not consistent enough, so give Raya some time between the sticks to prove his worth.

No, we need to get in an experienced keeper who has hundreds of games under his belt. As Parson says get Raya out on loan. Bringing him into the first team now would send the wrong message.

If so then get him in the nets.

How do you rate young Fisher ?

To be honest about the same as so many young 'keepers we've had over the past few years who get into the Under-21's and then stagnate because of lack of games - or so its seems. To be honest I believe we always carry too many 'keepers. This season we have Steele, Raya, Eastwood, Crump, Fisher and Ascroft,.

If anyone thinks that second goal went right in the corner, they need to review the highlights. It was much nearer the centre of the goal than the corner. Steele gets nowhere near it.

Archived