BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Chelsea (Youth Cup Semi Final)

Thought this needed its own thread as its a very important game for the youth. Its on ITV4 (£5 adults even season ticket holders which is rather poor) but hopefully there will be at least 4 figures (not including Chelsea fans) there. Not expecting over 10,000 there of course but at least enough to show that the competition matters and leave a good impression on the youngsters. Want this pinned as well.

Kick off at 19:45.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought this needed its own thread as its a very important game for the youth. Its on ITV4 (£5 adults even season ticket holders which is rather poor) but hopefully there will be at least 4 figures (not including Chelsea fans) there. Not expecting over 10,000 there of course but at least enough to show that the competition matters and leave a good impression on the youngsters. Want this pinned as well.

Kick off at 19:45.

There'll be a 4 in it alright, about 400 I reckon. Think there was similar on the other season for something similar to this. I was there and thought it was more but I think it was only given as about 400.

edit: I think it was the Southampton game.

There'll be a 4 in it alright, about 400 I reckon. Think there was similar on the other season for something similar to this. I was there and thought it was more but I think it was only given as about 400.

edit: I think it was the Southampton game.

There was more than that for the quarter final.

Defo going to this but just wondering where to park. Normally I park up near Hamilton/havelock but if only going to be cira 400 on then may as well park on car park behind bburn end. Is this even allowed or do I need a pass? If ticket sales higher than expected may as well park in usual place as I'd rather walk 15 mins than be sat in a traffic queue for even half that time.

Defo going to this but just wondering where to park. Normally I park up near Hamilton/havelock but if only going to be cira 400 on then may as well park on car park behind bburn end. Is this even allowed or do I need a pass? If ticket sales higher than expected may as well park in usual place as I'd rather walk 15 mins than be sat in a traffic queue for even half that time.

Don't know what the specific charges are but perhaps the club should have offered free parking. Particularly considering its already £5 to get in which should reduce the attendance considerably. I don't mind paying not being a season ticket holder but it should be free for those that are. Can still make some money in the concourse presumably only the JW lower will be open. Its been a while since I've been to a youth game but sure I remember seeing people in the JW executive areas. Who uses them at the youth games just staff or others? Yes there's events like weddings, conferences, etc but its probably not an exhaustive list. I know those who own boxes in the Blackburn End (simply referred to as executive boxes on the site) have full access to them on non matchdays. Only the same for the JW unless there's a specific booking. No expert on the corporate areas anyway I probably wouldn't eat most of the stuff on the menu! That seems to be the only reason most people use them other than to perhaps show off and throw money around.

Last season they allowed Rovers fans to park on the car parks near the ground for free

I parked on the big car park behind the bbe for the last match. It was free. Only issue was not being able to work out how to get out of the place afterwards in the direction of the town centre as the obvious way is now a bus lane and you can't just circle the block now as you could before. Or can you? If I were you I'd stick to what you normally do

I parked on the big car park behind the bbe for the last match. It was free. Only issue was not being able to work out how to get out of the place afterwards in the direction of the town centre as the obvious way is now a bus lane and you can't just circle the block now as you could before. Or can you? If I were you I'd stick to what you normally do

Park on the BBE car park, drive out of car park, turn right onto Nuttall Street, turn left and then turn onto Bolton Road. Drive along Bolton Road to traffic lights indicate right - up towards the Fox - wait for an enternity until they change - quickly accelerate as lights will be back to red before more than 1 car has got through. Stupid new road layout.

Thanks for that. I got confused by the sign at the end of nuttall street that said no right turn as it always did but then had a roundabout sign too. So I decided to turn right at the roundabout only to find myself confronted with a bus lane sign but with a car behind me I couldn't go anywhere else so in the end I went through the bus lane. Waiting for the fine still. Notice so many cars going that way after matches. The new layout makes no sense whatsoever, as it's only the turn in and out that are buslane. I understand they want people to use the new road going toward darwen, but getting out of Ewood shouldn't be that hard, nor should it be that difficult for residents of nuttall street.

I'm really looking forward to this, one of my old coaches is on the psychological support and development staff team at Brockhall and he speaks really highly of this squad. Be interesting to see how they fare against Chelsea who have a fantastic record in the FA Youth Cup and European Elite league competition.

I'm really looking forward to this, one of my old coaches is on the psychological support and development staff team at Brockhall and he speaks really highly of this squad. Be interesting to see how they fare against Chelsea who have a fantastic record in the FA Youth Cup and European Elite league competition.

Does your pal work with the first team at all ? If he does whatever he's telling them isn't working.

Agree Chaddy I'm also looking forward to this game tonight. I don't know a lot about the quality of the Chelsea team, are we the underdogs in this game, you would guess so.

Ok answered my own question after reading this:

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/14352659.Blackburn_Rovers_hoping_something_money_can_t_buy_can_help_them_topple_FA_Youth_Cup_holders_Chelsea/?ref=mr&lp=13

Should be a good experience for Rovers young stars coming up against a team that will most probably play a different style to what they are used to playing against.

For me the lads should go out relax and express themselves with the key being every forward movement they make should be as accurate as possible.

Rovers have a good youth team here so I, hope you folks can take the time to turn up and support them tonight.

• Backroom

Should be a good experience for Rovers young stars coming up against a team that will most probably play a different style to what they are used to playing against.

For me the lads should go out relax and express themselves with the key being every forward movement they make should be as accurate as possible.

Rovers have a good youth team here so I, hope you folks can take the time to turn up and support them tonight.

They must be good if you didn't rate Phil Jones ;)

All jests aside, I agree with you here. Here's hoping we can pull something off!

They must be good if you didn't rate Phil Jones ;)

All jests aside, I agree with you here. Here's hoping we can pull something off!

I did rate Phil Jones very highly didn't want him to leave the club for your information Mike !

I did rate Phil Jones very highly didn't want him to leave the club for your information Mike !

With the lads coming against a different type of opposition the key tonight has to be still be in the tie for the return leg as if there's anything new to be learned abut the opposition tonight Rovers can go down there make plans and beat them on their own patch in the return leg.

My apologies! Mixing members up!

It was a comment I made after a poor game from young Phil no apologies.

My apologies! Mixing members up!

No you didn't.

JAL (in)famously watched a ressie match and declared in his infinite wisdom that Jones, Hoilett & Olsson had no future in the game.

Soon changed his tune when Jones became a first-team regular.

No you didn't.

JAL (in)famously watched a ressie match and declared in his infinite wisdom that Jones, Hoilett & Olsson had no future in the game.

Soon changed his tune when Jones became a first-team regular.

Wo boy!! no future in the game are you for real.

Not good enough to take Rovers back to the top was the reasoning.

Anyhow back to tonight's game.

Archived