BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ipswich Away

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just watched the "highlights" on the sky sports app ... Wow Adam Henley, you should be very impressed with your efforts for that second goal. Appalling!

Lowlights! A couple of observations: Steele needs to stop bloody parrying shots he can catch, Henley needs castrating, Akpan doesn't argue with the pen decision (the look Duffy gives him...) and generally we looked defensively all over the place.

Are you counting cup games Stuart? Fair one if so, I've just gone off the league.

I've counted away games so yes.

Worryingly, without the contribution of he who must not be named, we must be the worst team in the league.

Got to hope that, first, we stay up, and, second, that Lambert can rebuild following the Elastoplast end to this season. Don't think we'll sign Gomez or Grimes, hope we sign Graham. The rest of Lambert's recruits will stay I feel. Need two full backs and a goalscorer.

I feel sorry for the Blue and White Army (all 130 of them) who went tonight.

You can't feel sorry for them if they went in the knowledge of knowing the worst striker in the championship could be playing tonight Chrissy Brown.

Can't blame PL too much for the starting line-up as the season is already over and he's got to give some players some real game time to be 100% of who he needs to ship out come summer time.

It's a sad reflection on the club and the manager that we are NOT safe.

I accept that we are rebuilding but when we are unable to play our full strength side away from home, the best managers are able to work their tactical and motivational magic to sneak the odd win (and a goal or two) in 8 games.

We haven't particularly looked like winning in any of those games, but have fairly rigidly stuck to the same system. 2 points and 2 goals in 8 games. It's relegation form and if PL also thinks we're safe enough to give the also-rans 'game time', we are in for a squeaky few weeks.

Anyone travelling from Lancashire tonight (and for the last 7 games) deserves all our respect and gratitude.

• Backroom

I've counted away games so yes.

Worryingly, without the contribution of he who must not be named, we must be the worst team in the league.

Got to hope that, first, we stay up, and, second, that Lambert can rebuild following the Elastoplast end to this season. Don't think we'll sign Gomez or Grimes, hope we sign Graham. The rest of Lambert's recruits will stay I feel. Need two full backs and a goalscorer.

But overall before weekend without him we were second in the form table, his current team are struggling for form and he has as many bookings as goals in 9 games.

The issue isn't Rhodes, he wasn't the be all and end all we are not infinitely better or worse for him leaving.

For me he would have been a nice cherry on top but the cake that makes up the squad is made of not so strong stuff!

All of the players Lambert have brought in have contributed, I wouldn't look to keep Grimes but would explore what can be done with Gomez, Graham would be a no brainer if possible.

Two first choice full backs are absolutely essential along with a pacey goal scorer and a creative mid if Gomez isn't the one.

Massive massive job in summer if we stay up - which we must still be odds on to do despite our fears.

It's a sad reflection on the club and the manager that we are NOT safe.

I accept that we are rebuilding but when we are unable to play our full strength side away from home, the best managers are able to work their tactical and motivational magic to sneak the odd win (and a goal or two) in 8 games.

We haven't particularly looked like winning in any of those games, but have fairly rigidly stuck to the same system. 2 points and 2 goals in 8 games. It's relegation form and if PL also thinks we're safe enough to give the also-rans 'game time', we are in for a squeaky few weeks.

Anyone travelling from Lancashire tonight (and for the last 7 games) deserves all our respect and gratitude.

I don't think he chose that team to give the fringe players a run out. It looks like he's aiming to go to Brentford with a strong line up that's been rested as much as we can. Surely we must win an away game at some point ? Away performances have always been a barometer of team morale for me.

I've counted away games so yes.. .

How many penalties?

Regardless of who's playing upfront, if we are set up in a system that's not creating chances, we won't score goals.

Going off what Sutty said, he felt PL should've gone with some width, at least after conceding. Both he and Bayes seemed to think PL had got it wrong, whilst conceding he may have had no choice.

How on earth can anyone play Brown and expect to get a result raises some dubious questions.

Like what?

If Graham is injured and Watt unfit... Who else is there to choose from? To single him out when quite a few underperformed seems daft, once again.

But overall before weekend without him we were second in the form table, his current team are struggling for form and he has as many bookings as goals in 9 games.

The issue isn't Rhodes, he wasn't the be all and end all we are not infinitely better or worse for him leaving.

For me he would have been a nice cherry on top but the cake that makes up the squad is made of not so strong stuff!

All of the players Lambert have brought in have contributed, I wouldn't look to keep Grimes but would explore what can be done with Gomez, Graham would be a no brainer if possible.

Two first choice full backs are absolutely essential along with a pacey goal scorer and a creative mid if Gomez isn't the one.

Massive massive job in summer if we stay up - which we must still be odds on to do despite our fears.

Crimes! Retraction: I didn't mean "worst team", I meant "worst away team".

If we are not carefully we could get dragged into a serious scrap.. Rotherham have picked up a bit.. Need to win on sat

We will only win if PL accepts that he may need to change his approach to away games, as we appear to have sacrificed a number of away games to allow us to focus on home points.

Relegation form of any kind is not what PL promised the owners.

Didn't see any reason for the penalty, probably one of those incidents that happens half dozen times every corner. The same ones we never get. Two poor sides, a poor game and shocking ref (again). Henley is shocking. 240 of us, well cheesed off.

Like what?

If Graham is injured and Watt unfit... Who else is there to choose from? To single him out when quite a few underperformed seems daft, once again.

Play a youngster.

To single him out are you for real ?

This is his second season and its coming to a close and hes yet to score, yet to create a goal, yet to do anything other than hack the opposition down.

• Backroom

Crimes! Retraction: I didn't mean "worst team", I meant "worst away team".

I knew that but I used some poetic licence to suit my argument :P

Do your own research! :P

One, I think.

I can't quite believe he was brought up, with the lack of anybody to pick out a pass or put a cross in- having JR or not, was never in my thoughts.

I'm more concentrating on how PL can improve the team. We won't be relegated either, can we see 3 teams making the points up and us losing the next 8? I expect we will come back stronger after the break.

I don't understand why the young guys are not getting some experience in the first team, if we are just throwing away games like tonight.

Nyambe should be in for Henley, and Mahoney needs an extended look as well.

They're probably being saved for the FA Youth cup semis this Friday.

Archived