BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Ceo For The Rovers?

yoda

Just so the forum doesn't go into meltdown i'm going to post what i've been told. I'm no ITK but do get little snippets of info which I keep to myself.

It's not health reasons and not because the club is going down the pan it's simply performance related! Don't forget since Shaw left Myers has been doing

a different role to which he was employed.

Man where have you been all this time. If he has been let go for doing a poor job, it will have been a 1st. Its like the more you do a bad job, the better your chances of staying.

Don't know the two Ian's and what they do, but wouldn't it be best to employ one if not both of these guys.

Said the same a while back, but i doubt that will happen. So who sits to source and appoint a new ceo or board if everybody has left?

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man where have you been all this time. If he has been let go for doing a poor job, it will have been a 1st. Its like the more you do a bad job, the better your chances of staying.

Said the same a while back, but i doubt that will happen. So who sits to source and appoint a new ceo or board if everybody has left?

As someone on here keeps stating, Ewood isn't a holiday camp anymore!

Don't know the two Ian's and what they do, but wouldn't it be best to employ one if not both of these guys.

I agree with you(first time ever haha), Ian Currie has experience of being Football director so I would appoint Currie and Battersby to the Rovers board. Plus appoint Paul Faulkner as CEO.

If available, there is only one person who I would approach for CEO and that would be Tom Finn. Very experienced in football administration, had a top working relationship and first class mentor with John Williams. The main obstacle, as always, would probably be the history with Venkeys

He still lives locally.

If available, there is only one person who I would approach for CEO and that would be Tom Finn. Very experienced in football administration, had a top working relationship and first class mentor with John Williams. The main obstacle, as always, would probably be the history with Venkeys

Just to bring up Kamy's name again while he ruled out Williams he didn't completely rule out Finn. Do you mean Williams was Finn's mentor or the other way round?

Just to bring up Kamy's name again while he ruled out Williams he didn't completely rule out Finn. Do you mean Williams was Finn's mentor or the other way round?

Finn worked under Williams.

He also worked in football far longer than Williams and was here first. So don't think that makes Williams his mentor if that's what was being implied. Certainly I know Williams was "higher up" on the executive level than Finn.

Finn came in as Company Secretary, and moved up to Managing Director, as John Williams moved up to CEO.

Whether certain people on here like it or not I've asked Nixon's thoughts ( about whether its health reasons) and here's the quote...

No. Think there is a review going on. But Shaw role not filled. And he was marginalised. Time for someone who can fill the post.

Actually my exact question was "do you know if its health reasons" but assuming he meant no in relation to Myers health.

He's right, we need a real, fully functional CEO to get on with the job of running the club.

It's not an option & is a vital component to any club wishing to succeed.

If it is a decent appointment and he is given the power to make the big decisions and Lambert is given a decent fighting fund in the Summer maybe , just maybe we could say lessons have been learnt.

Even Abbey might start a Venky's in thread :)

edit: despite the above my money is on Balaji's son (must have finished Uni by now) or Gerald Ratner

Yes Balaji said in mid 2011 his son would be appointed as a director when he turned 21. Can't remember exact age but recall noting he's definitely at least 21 now. The same article there were references to "Blackburn Academy Pune" that hasn't happened either. I said the academy project didn't appear to have been mentioned since then. Actually its been mentioned at least once at a BRAG meeting with the club in February 2015.

The group were keen to find out about any progress which had been made on the owners initial long term plans for a Pune Academy and Brand Enhancement. Alan Myers explained that upon his last visit to India there had been progress in terms of the building of an academy in Pune, with a location identified and plans being finalised. However he conceded that the aim for Brand Enhancement on a global level had been suffering since the clubs relegation from the Premier League, however this is something which the new Commercial Director Dave Biggar had been tasked with exploring further.

Hopefully the new chairman will quickly provide further updates on any timescale for such a development. Of course global marketing (of which I'm not exactly confident Venkys ever possessed any expertise in) would be hard in the Championship no matter what the regime is. Biggar (who was responsible for the Dafabet deal) has since left of course preferring to work with the Undertaker rather than Derek Shaw. ^_^

According to the club website we have:

Directors: Robert Coar and Gandhi Babu

So basically we're left with 3 directors, 2 of whom don't do anything, and the Secretary.

Mentioned Coar visits Ewood regularly earlier (though admittedly don't know what he does while there) and just found out via the BRAG site (at their March 10th meeting with the club) what Babu's role is.

The group asked if the role and the day to day involvement of Ghandi Babu could be clarified. Alan explained that Ghandi is a board of director at the football club who is based in India, dealing with the finances from India to the United Kingdom.

send-money-to-india-for-4-dollars-home.j

There were also notes on Suhail Pasha confirming he carries out his work in a "low key" fashion (which I've been told is his personal preference)

I wonder if Balaji jnr got that 50 mill for his 21st instead of the club B)

Seriously though I've thought for a while he might have something to do with running us now but since he blocked me on twitter a couple of years ago for asking a perfectly reasonable question in a civil manner i'll never know.

Either that or he's since got a ticket for a big team somewhere a bit like the Walkers offspring.

He also worked in football far longer than Williams and was here first. So don't think that makes Williams his mentor if that's what was being implied. Certainly I know Williams was "higher up" on the executive level than Finn.

How long either of them had worked in football would not have been the determining factor in who had the ability to mentor who Vinjay. Knowledge of football would have been but a small part of the role - what JW would have been teaching TF would have been leadership and people skills, and just general wisdom really. So of course he would have been mentoring him. I was mentored in my last job by a guy who had never even worked in the same field as me - he was a chief fire officer and I work in social housing, but there were things I could learn from him all the same.

I was mentored in my last job by a guy who had never even worked in the same field as me - he was a chief fire officer and I work in social housing, but there were things I could learn from him all the same.

A-799786-1197428610.jpeg.jpg

It wasn't Keith Lard was it? "Fire burns, smoke kills in seconds"

A-799786-1197428610.jpeg.jpg

It wasn't Keith Lard was it? "Fire burns, smoke kills in seconds"

Disclaimer:

BRFCC would like to state that the character of Keith Lard may have led some persons to wrongly believe that the character was based on a Mr. Keith Laird. We wish to make it clear that this is not the case.

• Backroom

The team of three executives (the titles are incidental) that have never been properly replaced were:

John Williams - Chairman

Tom Finn - Secretary

Martin Goodman - Financial Director

Either I misunderstand or 2 of those HAVE been replaced.

According to the BBC World News most of Asia now supports(or wants to support) Leicester City!

Perhaps the Venky's wish they had chosen another team from an Asian-heritage City in the UK that plays in Blue and White??

Before you say it.....would Leicester City then have their current Manager and top of the table position with our lot 'in charge'.......

:angry:

According to the BBC World News most of Asia now supports(or wants to support) Leicester City!

Perhaps the Venky's wish they had chosen another team from an Asian-heritage City in the UK that plays in Blue and White??

Before you say it.....would Leicester City then have their current Manager and top of the table position with our lot 'in charge'.......

That proves that global marketing was and has always been possible for this football club in the top flight.

Of course its being outside that's harmful though I haven't got any faith Venkys could market that successfully within India at all. Of course its a little unfair to compare them to Leicester's owners. Even in that case its a miraculous combination of everything clicking though certainly they have been excellent owners.

I hate to depress everyone (not that Rovers would be in Leicester's position by any means) but were Rovers not linked to a bidder in Thailand once? Before Leicester's takeover and Venkys? I hope it wasn't bloody kingpower but I could have sworn ages ago someone said they had looked at Rovers! :angry: Maybe my mind is playing tricks its probably wrong.

EDIT-Done a search and presumably someone suggested it was Kingpower (but I can't be bothered looking further for it) but Philipl said they were not the same people. Though they were friends with kingpower. Can't quote it directly because threads been closed and I can't be bothered with it. Easy enough to find.

Of course no one in Asia would have given a crap about Leicester if they had been in or near the bottom 3 as they were last year. Similar to Rovers when we were in the Prem, no one cares unless you are challenging and beating the top teams.

Just watch them all slap on their Man U/Man C/Liverpool/Arsenal/Chelsea shirts again next year.

Archived