SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Ceo For The Rovers?

yoda

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Given the state of communication from the club even whilst Myers has been here, I dread to think what it will be like without a 'Communications Director'. He was one of the few who seemingly had a direct line to India and who made the effort to keep fans updated and in the loop.

Then we get on to season tickets. Presumably this was one of Myers areas of responsibility. Huddersfield have shifted more than 11,000 season tickets so far and we haven't even announced pricing yet.

When did we announce pricing last season?

I quite like Myers and think he's done some good work while he's been here. So ideas that haven't come off - but good work nonetheless. Disappointed to hear he's leaving.

Kamy said on twitter rumours myers leaving

This is no surprise.

I flagged the likelihood of this happening on the thread 'Who stays, who goes, you decide' two days ago.

As stated, I think we need to urgently appoint a new CEO; IMV, we are drifting alarmingly.

Lambert's seen a lot of change at the club already given Myers is now following Shaw out of the door. Let's hope his own position is a little more stable.

There's a fine balance to be struck. At this club its quite clear that the manager is extremely powerful, more than any board member, and has a direct line to the owners, and a lot of independence when it comes to transfers/coaching appointments. To most managers, probably Lambert included, this would be a welcome situation without having to deal with annoying board members/directors of football/intermediaries etc.

But it can go too far the other way where Lambert is basically the only person based in the UK who knows what is going on and can speak to the owners.

I've no problem trusting Lambert to run the whole football operation on his own from transfers down to the academy. Its a more old-fashioned approach but its worked for United and Arsenal with their all-powerful managers, but we need a competent staff who can manage the non-football operation in conjunction.

But it can go too far the other way where Lambert is basically the only person based in the UK who knows what is going on and can speak to the owners.

This is a very fair point. I would question whether this would be the best governance arrangement, and put forward Kean as Exhibit A....

Freedom to manage is one thing, not being fully accountable is another.

It is still a nice gig for anyone who wants to work in football. The latest accounts (to June 2015) show that the Directors were paid over £400k in total. That is for Shaw, Myers, Chilton, Coar, Babu. At a company that is losing £15m a year, they are big wages.

"Life-long fan" Agnew to come back in as CEO?

Health grounds would obviously make sense given the amount of time he has missed over the last couple of years. Factor in the increased workload since Shaw and Biggar left the club and Myers might feel or have been advised that he won't be able to do such an important job. Hopefully if it is health related his friends at Sky Sports will help him out and get him back working with them in a less intensive job. If it is health then I would have liked Rovers to have let him revert back to communications director whilst bringing in someone else to do the bigger job.

Naturally given this is Rovers and Venkys and the lack of communication a lot of people immediately assume this is a sign of imminent danger or disaster. Hopefully it is a far more innocent case of ill health, career change or a parting of the ways ahead of somebody else picking the job up ahead of a busy summer.

At a meeting with Alan Myers a couple of weeks ago, he told us that Season Ticket's will be ready to be announced and on sale in "around 3 weeks time", so they are, or at least were imminent.

. Hope he hasn't walked re season ticket prices,changed prices etc

• Moderation Lead

I think a lot are jumping to conclusions about possible outcomes re the departure of Myers, but like most things, it's probably best not to lose our minds before anything has happened! I accept that while Venky's are unpredictable to say the least, you'd imagine there will be something in the pipeline in terms of a replacement......

. Hope he hasn't walked re season ticket prices,changed prices etc

I wouldn't like to speculate at this moment in time, however after discussing many things with him in that meeting i will say that his reasons for leaving his post are important, because he was adamant in that meeting that he was enjoying the role and had a good relationship with the manager, Mike Cheston and the owners, including their communication guy.

He vowed to do everything in the best interests of Blackburn Rovers Football Club and stated firmly if he wasn't allowed to do this then he would depart. He spoke how the owners are still not saying "no", and continue to offer backing when asked. He explained he had no knowledge of the summer transfer budget or plans (whilst also quite rightly stating that he wouldn't share it, even if he did know) , he explained that this was Paul Lambert's remit and he (PL) would be discussing it directly with the owners.

He appeared nothing short of happy and someone who was relishing the challenge.

I see health reasons have been mooted, and this could well be the case, he was working long hours, our meeting didn't finish until almost 10pm. I just sincerely hope that his departure is nothing to do with any concerns regarding the football club's future.

I think a lot are jumping to conclusions about possible outcomes re the departure of Myers, but like most things, it's probably best not to lose our minds before anything has happened! I accept that while Venky's are unpredictable to say the least, you'd imagine there will be something in the pipeline in terms of a replacement......

It would be typical of Venky's to appoint another Director of Communications, (which we don't need), and not bother with a CEO / MD, (which we do).

The boardroom structure is virtually non existent.

Whether certain people on here like it or not I've asked Nixon's thoughts ( about whether its health reasons) and here's the quote...

No. Think there is a review going on. But Shaw role not filled. And he was marginalised. Time for someone who can fill the post.

Actually my exact question was "do you know if its health reasons" but assuming he meant no in relation to Myers health.

Just so the forum doesn't go into meltdown i'm going to post what i've been told. I'm no ITK but do get little snippets of info which I keep to myself.

It's not health reasons and not because the club is going down the pan it's simply performance related! Don't forget since Shaw left Myers has been doing

a different role to which he was employed.

Archived