BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Ceo For The Rovers?

yoda

Plus Kamy had been saying for quite a while that Bowyers time was up.

I think Kamy posted what he had been told in good faith and without an agenda but some people still liked to criticise and have pops at people regardless.

sounds like normal every day issues around here.. Nixon left for pretty much the same reasons, although many will say otherwise, and that was not the reason.

anyway, whoever is appointed, can it at least be somebody who has a brain..

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be fair I did manage to cut down a bit over past few weeks (aside from past few days there's some in past month when I only posted a couple of times) after saying I would.

Not taking credit but you can't deny activity has gone up since I returned.

It's a messageboard. Relax. Post, whenever you want to.

Nobody forces anyone else to read.

It's very good news if they are after someone proper and hopefully not another paper clip counter like Shaw. Hopefully they give them full authority on football matters and a budget of 15 mill with the instruction to deliver promotion in the next two seasons however they see fit.

They've finally got us a proper manager so now it's time for a real CEO please.

Can we not just be done with it and create three separate forums? One to talk about Rovers, one to talk about curry's and a third for Vinjay, Chaddy and ABBEY?

• Backroom

Can we not just be done with it and create three separate forums? One to talk about Rovers, one to talk about curry's and a third for Vinjay, Chaddy and ABBEY?

We already have that. It's called the "Ask Admin & Admin Notices" section.

Leaves us well short at executive level. I suppose Silvestre as Secretary can do some and Cheston can manage finances, but we really need a proper board with some leadership and a figurehead who can make decisions.

The job share arrangement between Myers and Cheston after Shaw left was never a sensible option long term. A club of this size with foreign owners cannot function effectively like this. It needs a CEO/Chairman who can appoint his own support staff.

It might be that Myers doesn't want to continue to carry the additional burden of covering Shaw's workload. Lets remember he was effectively doing 3 jobs at once as Communications, Commercial and joint-Managing Director. Alternatively he might have had his nose put out of joint with the Bowyer sacking/Lambert appointment and him not being party to that.

Once he's left we've got basically Cheston as the only board member with a hands on role at the club. Coar and Babu don't count as Coar doesn't do anything and Babu is never here. That can't carry on. This is a multi-million pound business with hundreds of staff which at the moment is rudderless.

It only leaves us short in numbers as he wasn't qualified for the other roles anyway. Employed out of the blue in a pointless position then they stood by him whilst he wasn't there and now he bails.

Don't know what to think really as why would anyone leave such a gravy train ? Maybe he's actually had some real demands put on him and didn't like it or realised he's out of his depth. That or the writing was on the wall, or should we be worried...........

According to the club website we have:

Directors: Robert Coar and Gandhi Babu

Finance Director: Mike Cheston

Commercial & Communications Director: Alan Myers (now departed)

Club Secretary: Ian Silvester

So basically we're left with 3 directors, 2 of whom don't do anything, and the Secretary. Clitheroe have a bigger board.

Since last summer we've lost Dave Biggar (Commercial Director), Derek Shaw and Alan Myers, 3 of the 4 most important directors of the football club, and as yet none have been replaced. Myers took on Biggar's and Shaw's duties, who takes on Myers?

Given the state of communication from the club even whilst Myers has been here, I dread to think what it will be like without a 'Communications Director'. He was one of the few who seemingly had a direct line to India and who made the effort to keep fans updated and in the loop.

Then we get on to season tickets. Presumably this was one of Myers areas of responsibility. Huddersfield have shifted more than 11,000 season tickets so far and we haven't even announced pricing yet.

Archived