BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Highlight Of The Season

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Lambert & Irvine's appointments and the excitement that brought (since undermined completely)

2. Lambert's first game and win over Preston

3. Last gasp win over Brentford with 10 men

4. Gomez' free kick and last minute win over MK Dons

Other than that nothing. Don't think I'll remember anything else about this season, certainly not fondly.

I was thinking about this on the way back up Bolton Rd today. This season probably hasn't been to worst in recent times (although Venkys keep trying to outdo themselves in that regard). Double defeats to that lot stand out though. But there reall my have been no highlights at all. No great moments on the pitch. No great games, no great goals, no great individual performance. Little, if any entertainment. It may be possible to look back at this as a transition season but for that we need to transition from this mess into something better. Under Venkys we have not improved once, barely even a dead cat bounce on the way down. The temporary hope after losing the dire Kean and dour Bowyer being the nearest.

Lambert's mission is impossible - should he choose to accept it.

Thinking again about the highlight of the season, for me, is Lenihan's establishment as a first team regular.

He is a good player and has the makings of becoming a great player.

• Backroom

I like my new seats, front row of family stand with a cracking view so my highlight was the first game of the season.

Full of hope I took my 4 year old along and my wife even came because my dad was on holiday.

Then they kicked off and it's been downhill from there

The blokes in front of us always share whisky between themselves at half time.

The highlight of the season was promising to share it with the 5 of us sat behind when Chris Brown scored.

Then peeling off clothing to reveal 'I saw Chris Brown score' t-shirts!

Archived