BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Highlight Of The Season

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderation Lead

After the stick we gave PNE about 'their' cup final at Ewood I hope they ain't reading this thread...............

Haha, touché, just thought that!! Though a lot of it for me was going to an away game that we actually won, it's been a while!

Leeds away for me too.

Sitting in the local bar to watch Rovers kick off and play the ball forward for a change. Pass it down the right wing , cross it and Wallop! Conway scores without (seemingly) a Leeds player touching the ball.

One highlight, the appointment of Paul Lambert and Alan Irvine, I never in my wildest dreams thought they had it in them to sanction a football manager in a managers role, why would that work :wacko:

After 5yrs of mismanagement someone got an appointment right, the fact they're trying to undo that good work doesn't surprise anyone though.

Only 3 mini highlights: 1 Bowyer leaving. 2 Lambert/Irvine/Kelly arriving. 3 Shaw forced out.

Negatives: 1 venkys here. 2 Venkys here (doesn't deserve only one position of negativity). 3 Brown earning a very nice living as a footballer. 4 pathetic return in Lancs derbies. 5 Atmos at Ewood. 6 well most games that take place really. 7 Our present is grim our future is worse.

• Backroom

Lambert, Irvine and Kelly joining is the only highlight I can think of. It's largely been a season of lowlights, but if Lambert walks in the summer then next season may make this one look a whole lot better.

Gomez last min winner vs MK Dons was pretty awesome.

Agreed. But the match as a whole made me feel sick tbh until Go et scored that free kick. If we hadn't won or even if we'd lost, I dread to think what may have happened

2.30 on the last day.....

It's been appalling

We were given a false Dawn with PL's arrival and the Preston away win but in all fairness with no UK based structure no matter who is manager it's not going work out

Archived