BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Protest Ideas...

WHAT ABOUT THOSE INSULTING PROTESTERS?

You say it happens, I haven't seen it but I'll take your word for it. I've done time handing out leaflets and never had a problem.

Anyone who insults another is in the wrong.

Bit hard to take the moral high-ground about supporter division whilst firing a parting shot at boycotters, Paul..

I don't take shots at people. It's just a fact the boycotters won't turn out but if they did it would have s huge impact on the 1875 event.

All I criticise is the repeated calling out of those who attend matches. As has been said we will be needed one day.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You say it happens, I haven't seen it but I'll take your word for it. I've done time handing out leaflets and never had a problem.

Anyone who insults another is in the wrong.

TAKE MY WORD? GOOD FOR YOU BECAUSE ITS FACT

as for anyone who insults is wrong , please define your quote a few mins ago

"Stop telling me I get what I deserve and tell me something worthwhile I can do because there is nothing at present - 1875 included.

If these groups want to @#/? off the support they are going the right way about it. "

I don't take shots at people. It's just a fact the boycotters won't turn out but if they did it would have s huge impact on the 1875 event.

All I criticise is the repeated calling out of those who attend matches. As has been said we will be needed one day.

You're just deflecting here, Paul. What about the "10,000" or so supporters who'll be in attendance? Why aren't you putting the onus on them?

The boycotters are voting with their feet. The 18/75 is a compromise for those who still wish to attend.

I am just so, so tired of reading this on the MB. Insulting your fellow supporters has no worthwhile benefit and in my case turns me away from joining in actions knowing others believe I'm part of a deluded group of supporters.

This attitude is highly divisive. If you want my support stop insulting me.

1875 won't work but the one group who could make it work - the boycotters - won't turn out for the day to help make the impact which is needed.

I am not insulting anyone Paul. I said the majority - I don't include you or like minded fans in that group. But I travel to Ewood and sit with plenty of supporters who believe that Venkys:

1) have done nothing wrong.

2) were 'duped'.

3) are doing a good job.

4) are hamstrung by FFP.

These people will not consider any other viewpoint. I have to say (puts tin hat on) that many, but not all of these, are elderly fans.

I am not insulting anyone Paul. I said the majority - I don't include you or like minded fans in that group. But I travel to Ewood and sit with plenty of supporters who believe that Venkys:

2) were 'duped'.

3) are doing a good job.

4) are hamstrung by FFP.

These people will not consider any other viewpoint. I have to say (puts tin hat on) that many, but not all of these, are elderly fans.

What have you said to them in an attempt to change their mind?

What have you said to them in an attempt to change their mind?

Amongst other things bob:

Tried to explain reasons for the club's decline.

Tried to explain the released documents.

Handed out copies of Glen's blogs.

Tried to explain 'agents' alleged involvements.

2) were 'duped'.

3) are doing a good job.

4) are hamstrung by FFP.

To be honest last night I found the "elderly" fans last night I talked to where all for venkys out and the gobby ones where 30 -40 year olds ( posh )

6/7k on last night will turn to 5/6 in League One.

Seems that the management of the club are quite happy with this to give them a quiet life with no 'trouble' at Ewood in case the overlords turn up.

The big giveaway is that I can't see anything the club is doing to try to get the 15k lost fans back.

You simply don't get it do you?

Personally I was ready to get stuck in and help but everytime I read this, now coming from BRAG office holder, I feel one step more distant.

I hear nothing from the fan groups to encourage me to take part. The Trust have missed so many opportunities it's a painful disappointment, BRFCAG don't seem to publicise anything (until last night) and Ewood Blues don't appear to have a structure.

Stop telling me I get what I deserve and tell me something worthwhile I can do because there is nothing at present - 1875 included.

If these groups want to @#/? off the support they are going the right way about it.

I do get it, and fully stand by my comment..

I still attend home games, I shout and cheer the team on,

The ones who I refer to are the ones who:

Simply blame protests for relegation

Spat on protesters

Threatened protesters

Assaulted protesters

They DO fully deserve all that comes to them

TAKE MY WORD? GOOD FOR YOU BECAUSE ITS FACT

as for anyone who insults is wrong , please define your quote a few mins ago

"Stop telling me I get what I deserve and tell me something worthwhile I can do because there is nothing at present - 1875 included.

If these groups want to @#/? off the support they are going the right way about it. "

1. I said I take your word for it. I believe you.

2. That is not insulting it represents my view. Read it properly.

In terms of the entire fan campaign I think we've got to look at it logically. What is it we can achieve that would make Venkys want to sell? There's 2 things IMO:

1. Damage their public image.

2. Damage their logistical ability to run the club.

The first one is having no effect because Venkys clearly don't care about their public image. Or they don't care about it to the extent that we can damage it. They're already regarded as farcical in England, they're not bothered, so anything based around that is wasting our time. They might have a reputation to preserve in India but we are tiny fry when set against their overall company and minute fry when set against the interests of the Indian public.

The second one requires either illegal acts such as espionage or a financial boycott. Both have to be done to an extremely severe extent because, again, Venkys have shown they don't even care about significant losses, they can absorb it. Now I wouldn't want to encourage anyone to start setting the stadium on fire or invading the pitch every game so we're back to what many of us have thought for a while:

The only thing that has any chance of working is a full, long-term boycott.

Literally anything else anyone does is a complete waste of time in my opinion. You may as well not do anything. Either full boycott, keep going to games and expect decades more of decline, or walk away.

The first won't happen because of some fans and that's what will always cause friction because it drives other fans to do the 3rd.

You're just deflecting here, Paul. What about the "10,000" or so supporters who'll be in attendance? Why aren't you putting the onus on them?

The boycotters are voting with their feet. The 18/75 is a compromise for those who still wish to attend.

I'm not deflecting I'm giving my opinion on what would make an impact. Realistically I think 6/7000 will attend and if 10% take part that will be all one can hope for. This will have little impact and I'd even hazard a guess 10% of the crowd is moving around at anytime in a game. It may not even be obvious at the allotted times.

Several thousand returning boycotters appearing on 18 and disappearing on 75 minutes would be a great visual impact. This is why I say they can make a difference but I don't think it will happen.

To avoid replying to multiple posts I'll make this point. Whenever I raise objections to the remaining fans being dismissed as fools in one way or another the response is always words to the effect of "don't mean you it's all the others."

I am just one person who raises the issue. There will be nine others who say nothing but feel resentful. Having been ready to join in I am now tired of all the arguments. Deriding fellow fans is not going to win friends and influence people.

If you want to do something Paul then do it. Don't wait for a group to tell you how to protest.

Rovers fans must be the biggest naysayers in Football.

I was getting stick for "being negative" about our new owners nearly six years ago.

1. I said I take your word for it. I believe you.

2. That is not insulting it represents my view. Read it properly.

So was Paul's , read it properly

I'm not deflecting I'm giving my opinion on what would make an impact. Realistically I think 6/7000 will attend and if 10% take part that will be all one can hope for. This will have little impact and I'd even hazard a guess 10% of the crowd is moving around at anytime in a game. It may not even be obvious at the allotted times.

Several thousand returning boycotters appearing on 18 and disappearing on 75 minutes would be a great visual impact. This is why I say they can make a difference but I don't think it will happen.

Which part of not a penny more to the lunes don't you get ? There are many like me who won't step foot inside until they leave . My 18 75 will be outside and I won't pay towards bling for baz .

2) were 'duped'.

3) are doing a good job.

4) are hamstrung by FFP.

Oh my !

Whatever happenend to FFP ?

Why Sky ever mention this protest during the game?

You maybe right Chaddy but they will mention it if the game gets abandoned or doesnt even start !

So will every news outlet in the UK...

I am just so, so tired of reading this on the MB. Insulting your fellow supporters has no worthwhile benefit and in my case turns me away from joining in actions knowing others believe I'm part of a deluded group of supporters.

This attitude is highly divisive. If you want my support stop insulting me.

1875 won't work but the one group who could make it work - the boycotters - won't turn out for the day to help make the impact which is needed.

Works both ways, although I do agree with you.

Let's take a look at what our beloved blogger friend posted about me on Twitter when I agreed with a former Burnley player saying he could give abuse but couldn't take it back, after he did that then tried getting him sacked from his job at radio Lancashire...

82e07066f0182f502e09192b4b3b241e.png

When the mods delete this, please have the courtesy to tell me why.

Works both ways, although I do agree with you.

Let's take a look at what our beloved blogger friend posted about me on Twitter when I agreed with a former Burnley player saying he could give abuse but couldn't take it back, after he did that then tried getting him sacked from his job at radio Lancashire...

82e07066f0182f502e09192b4b3b241e.png

When the mods delete this, please have the courtesy to tell me why.

post happy views like someone did yesterday and it stays....this board is run like a jeremy corbyn fest

Any reason to highlight what seems to be a personal exchange of tweets pertaining to a matter unrelated to the protests on a thread entitled "Protest Ideas"?

Yes. To highlight what an absolute clown Jim Wilkz is. Protesting against clowns. Protest thread.

Anything you still don't understand?

Archived