BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Protest Ideas...

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't make it on Tuesday, but I'm front and center all being well for Wolves.

I think its going to be a major let down, mainly due to WAR, but I live in hope.

For me if the Wolves protest doesn't get the support it deserves I'm walking away and not coming back until those rats sod off.

I don't blame WAR Gav.

It's just society, plenty of gob and not much substance.

Same as it ever was.

I didn't go today Stuart and it hurt like hell. It should have been my first game of the season after coming back from France for winter but I chose not to bother going. I will be there for the Wolves game and will join the 1875 protest. I think it may be a waste of time but I'll support it none the less.

I think those that are 'boycotting' should make the effort and attend and join also in the protest but I doubt they'll bother or grasp the bigger picture.

I'm boycotting. Or rather I'm not going. To change that for a game would be against what I'm doing. I have no intention of going to the Wolves game or any other game. I understand there are reasons why you might think I should, but no. I'm not setting foot in the place for any reason.

I'm boycotting. Or rather I'm not going. To change that for a game would be against what I'm doing. I have no intention of going to the Wolves game or any other game. I understand there are reasons why you might think I should, but no. I'm not setting foot in the place for any reason.

I accept your stance but what would make you change your mind gumboots?

Short sighted if you believe Venkys going is the only way forward, but if you're boycotting for another reason then fair enough.

FFS......is that true?

I'm not having that, only 2 people handed out leaflets?

I

This 1875 protest needs everyone staying out until 18 mins, then everyone walking down the steps and straight on to the pitch in protest, lets get this protest going.

Yep.

I accept your stance but what would make you change your mind gumboots?

I don't know the answer to that. As Gav says, I appreciate that we need to do something, but I decided not to attend matches and do not wish to pay to be bored out of my mind. If I felt that everyone attending who was capable of doing it would do the 1875 thing then I might have considered attending. But you know what's going to happen. A minority will join in and the rest will just carry on watching. I wish that I knew the answers to how to get proper protest going. I don't. I took part in protests before because then I felt there was a chance of making a difference. I think I'm beaten to be honest.

Now instead of the melodrama over whether Gumboots will renew her Season-tickets we now have the 'will she go to another match again' saga.

If you believe the Club is dying with its current custodianship and you believe that the Rovers is one of the few truly all-Blackburn things left ,,,,,then you either wring your hands when its dead OR you encourage all your friends to start supporting the available action and maybe use your time and intellect to add to the clamour.

How many plastic pigs at Charlton today/ How many Charlton fans have signed that "Poorest Owners in the League" poll?

Rovers fans ....wake up!

I respect you boycotting as I am also doing the same. But there are actions we can take outside the ground.

Now instead of the melodrama over whether Gumboots will renew her Season-tickets we now have the 'will she go to another match again' saga.

If you believe the Club is dying with its current custodianship and you believe that the Rovers is one of the few truly all-Blackburn things left ,,,,,then you either wring your hands when its dead OR you encourage all your friends to start supporting the available action and maybe use your time and intellect to add to the clamour.

How many plastic pigs at Charlton today/ How many Charlton fans have signed that "Poorest Owners in the League" poll?

Rovers fans ....wake up!

I'm sorry. I don't ask people to discuss my non attendance. I'm not actually a drama queen. As I said, I don't think I'm a boycotter. I'm not really not attending because of any principles. I'm not attending because I refuse to pay money to watch rubbish. It's gone beyond a point of principle. And Jock, I understand there are probably things I could do outside the ground but I'm not good at dealing with strangers. I couldn't hand out leaflets or whatever. I'd find that kind of thing impossible. And as whatever I say on here nowadays is always the wrong thing, I'll try to refrain from posting anything at all. I find it hard because somehow I still care, but I'll keep quiet as far as possible.

How many plastic pigs at Charlton today/ How many Charlton fans have signed that "Poorest Owners in the League" poll

Rovers fans ....wake up!

I see your approach will get all the waverers onside? not!

We took the p1ss out of Charlton fans at Wembley in '87, we'd 25,000 there and they had 6. we shouldn't be considered in the same breath but yet we are.

Protests, what protests and for me the boycotters in the main have just stopped going, lets not flower it up any different.

Lets do something WORTHWHILE, get on with and stop bloody talking about it!

I'm sorry. I don't ask people to discuss my non attendance. I'm not actually a drama queen. As I said, I don't think I'm a boycotter. I'm not really not attending because of any principles. I'm not attending because I refuse to pay money to watch rubbish. It's gone beyond a point of principle. And Jock, I understand there are probably things I could do outside the ground but I'm not good at dealing with strangers. I couldn't hand out leaflets or whatever. I'd find that kind of thing impossible. And as whatever I say on here nowadays is always the wrong thing, I'll try to refrain from posting anything at all. I find it hard because somehow I still care, but I'll keep quiet as far as possible.

I'm also not in to putting myself forward or public speaking but there is always the Lone Wolf approach.

So you are telling me W.A.R couldn't even get one person from each group to help out with this?

I merely stated that there were but 2 people handing out leaflets before todays game. You sum it all up for me.

It shouldn't need WAR or anyone else to pressgang anyone into doing anything worthwhile should it? we should be bloody falling over ourselves to do something..................................................!!!!

I merely stated that there were but 2 people handing out leaflets before todays game. You sum it all up for me.

It shouldn't need WAR or anyone else to pressgang anyone into doing anything worthwhile should it? we should be bloody falling over ourselves to do something..................................................!!!!

No but I am pretty sure the lead members of each of the groups could have stuck their heads out and done their bit (as it seems they did for Ewood Blues and Action Group).

As usual, looking at it from the outside, the missing element is a Rovers Trust leader actually being seen to be seen doing something in public that has anything to do with Protest, which begs the element WHY they where the main point in W.A.R (their logo, their press man answering questions etc).

All I am saying is if they can't even come together to get all of their top people to hand out some leaflets on a match day which they are most likely all at, or at least some of them at (I am certain more than 2 of them), and be Unified doing so, then what really is the point. As you can see I have a huge chip on my shoulder about the whole war thing and I thing many other fans do too, and I think it will be used against the protests in the long run, as it killed every momentum.

I'm all for the protests. I've made my donations to the various funds. I just can't get my head around how we are meekly going about things (again, thanks go to the Trust needing things to be done professionally).

We are going to look stupid at the Wolves game, Charlton fans are making us look stupid by the minute.

We rovers fans wouldn't dare chuck 3000 Chickens onto the pitch anymore, it jus wouldn't happen. We would need to get it signed off by our Trust masters first who would need a meeting in two years time.

A GROUP of Blackburn MPs will go to India to quiz owners Venkys about their plans for Rovers. The politicians will join fans on a mission to Pune in February.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/1984408/jordan-rhodes-new-aston-villa-boss-steve-bruce-plans-january-swoop-for-middlesbrough-outcast/

We'll be down before then

Archived