BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Protest Ideas...

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good to see Charlton fans disrupting a game again. I'm sure the people involved weren't sat at home the week before/after worrying why some bloke in row Z wasn't joining in. They just got on with it. Fair @#/? play to them.

Absolutely right. Now if our lot could go one better and cause a game to be abandoned the world might sit up and take notice.

As its stands, apathy rules.

What are you doing to get Venkys out and attract new benevolent owners?

Oh, you want to make this personal?

I've done what I can given my socioeconomic status. We all have to do what we can, and some fans can make their feelings known more directly than others.

There was more than the two mentioned but it was very disappointing. It really is time Rovers fans ask themselves is this club worth fighting for.

Something i've been saying for a while and the reason my posting on here has become more infrequent. The 'fans' lack of passion has driven me away as much as Venkys, I'm ashamed of them and have been since 2011... Its time for those willing to protest, however small the number to just come together and do what they can and forget the rest... Waste of time.

We're in absolute limbo on and off the pitch.

We as fans appear unable to agree amongst ourselves,not enough of us appear interested in protest,hardly a Venky out chant yesterday as an example..total and utter frustration.

I just sadly predict a painful continuum of this situation for years to come,put bluntly,Rovers fans are too much p!ss n Wind and not enough action.

Sad state of affairs indeed.

A GROUP of Blackburn MPs will go to India to quiz owners Venky’s about their plans for Rovers. The politicians will join fans on a mission to Pune in February.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/1984408/jordan-rhodes-new-aston-villa-boss-steve-bruce-plans-january-swoop-for-middlesbrough-outcast/

They'll get there then get placated by the V's people with promises of donations to the church roof fund and empty invites to Balajis next bash. When back they'll say the owners are nice people they've had bad advice but they are under writing the grass seed bill so we should be thankful !

A GROUP of Blackburn MPs will go to India to quiz owners Venky’s about their plans for Rovers. The politicians will join fans on a mission to Pune in February.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/1984408/jordan-rhodes-new-aston-villa-boss-steve-bruce-plans-january-swoop-for-middlesbrough-outcast/

The owners will tell them a bunch of lies but I welcome them going, it'll bring some welcome publicity to the fight and thats what we need.

I'm so despondent at the lack of action from the fan base, of which I'm one and include myself in the criticism, I could have driven up and handed leaflets out, but I didn't, not sure why others didn't bother but its very disappointing.

I'm beginning to think a good section of the support deserve the owners and to hell with them.

Can't believe there were no protests or hardly even any leafleting it seems. What do the Vs need to do to get people aroused? I can understand people still wanting to go but to go and just sit there and accept it is strange. The games before the Wolves should have been used to build some momentum, as it is there will probably be at max a couple of hundred entering late with anyone leaving early being caught in the usual exodus anyway. Makes you wonder what future this club can have if apathy has taken over to this extent.

The owners will tell them a bunch of lies but I welcome them going, it'll bring some welcome publicity to the fight and thats what we need.

I'm so despondent at the lack of action from the fan base, of which I'm one and include myself in the criticism, I could have driven up and handed leaflets out, but I didn't, not sure why others didn't bother but its very disappointing.

I'm beginning to think a good section of the support deserve the owners and to hell with them.

they have taken the heart out of us. When protests first started I was well up for it. March to the ground, yes. Wear yellow and black, yes. Protest after matches, yes. Turn up for the 24 hour protest outside Ewood, yes. I did them all. Fruitless exercises and the numbers in the majority of those events were poor to put it mildly. This time round I see nothing different and I expect the results will be the same. Nothing. It's not that I don't care. It's not that I don't think protesting is worthwhile. It would just require a real effort and I'm no longer buoyed up on a wave of optimism that we can change things. It's not easy to get to Ewood. The new road system is a nuisance. Parking is no longer straightforward. I'd have to travel in from Clitheroe. They're all excuses but they're very easy to see as reasons. Protesting was fine when I was at matches anyway and when I worked in Blackburn, a quick nip down to Ewood was fine, but I've got lazy now I don't work. I feel guilty. I want to get involved, but actually doing it is a different matter. Find me something I can do that stands a chance of making a real difference without my needing to attend a match and I'll try to do it, but I will not attend a match. Not how I should be, I know, but how it is, I'm afraid.

they have taken the heart out of us. When protests first started I was well up for it. March to the ground, yes. Wear yellow and black, yes. Protest after matches, yes. Turn up for the 24 hour protest outside Ewood, yes. I did them all. Fruitless exercises and the numbers in the majority of those events were poor to put it mildly. This time round I see nothing different and I expect the results will be the same. Nothing. It's not that I don't care. It's not that I don't think protesting is worthwhile. It would just require a real effort and I'm no longer buoyed up on a wave of optimism that we can change things. It's not easy to get to Ewood. The new road system is a nuisance. Parking is no longer straightforward. I'd have to travel in from Clitheroe. They're all excuses but they're very easy to see as reasons. Protesting was fine when I was at matches anyway and when I worked in Blackburn, a quick nip down to Ewood was fine, but I've got lazy now I don't work. I feel guilty. I want to get involved, but actually doing it is a different matter. Find me something I can do that stands a chance of making a real difference without my needing to attend a match and I'll try to do it, but I will not attend a match. Not how I should be, I know, but how it is, I'm afraid.

Fair enough and without wanting to sound like I am mocking your post, as I assure you I am not, Owen Coyle, feels somewhat the same, I reckon.

First time I have been on this MB or posted for at least 4 weeks.

I was up walking in the Lakes with 3 Rovers ST holders this weekend. They are all sick to the back teeth with the ownership and the sh!te "quality" on display. I doubt if any of them will go to that many more games this season and will allmost certainly pack in next season......125 years of support from those three down the pan.

I do not know who we played nor the Rovers scores for the last few weeks.

Totally lost interest after 49 years of support.

Not a penny more of my money is going towards those robbing corrupt barstewards, going to Ewood is being taken for a ride.

Good bye and genuine good luck to you. Clay pigeon shooting, fell walking and Rugby League (a ST at Leigh Centurions next Super League season) beckons.

I was up walking in the Lakes with 3 Rovers ST holders this weekend. They are all sick to the back teeth with the ownership and the sh!te "quality" on display. I doubt if any of them will go to that many more games this season and will allmost certainly pack in next season......125 years of support from those three down the pan.

Not a penny more of my money is going towards those robbing corrupt barstewards, going to Ewood is being taken for a ride.

Good bye and genuine good luck to you. Clay pigeon shooting, fell walking and Rugby League (a ST at Leigh Centurions next Super League season) beckons.

Hope to see you again pb

Saw a leaflet pinned up in the Old England Forever in Clayton-le-Moors today. Anyone beat that for the furthest travelled (not counting t'interweb) :brfc:

Most of us on here are feeling very down at the moment including myself. Last night I was thinking what's the point as the fanbase can't be bothered, so should I? It's just every now and then you get the fire and anger brewing up inside yourself when you think of what these charlatans have done.

I hope this is the quiet before the storm.

We have to hit the headlines for the Wolves match.After that it has to be every match at home.

He who can't be named is being horrid on twitter again:-

Some fair competition for most deluded protest plonker. "Throwing stuff on the pitch will make the FA listen." These people get to vote!
He's a brute and no mistake. And oh the wit! It's caustic!! I shan't tangle with him:-
it's pitiful.A couple of dozen disorganised forlorn would-be avenging Angels who can't organise handing a few leaflets/whistles out
There are just no words to describe this level of cretin-hood. "Blow whistles before & after the games" - designed by morons for morons
But don't be mean to him. So sensitive:-
just for an odd comment I was subject to some rather extreme vitriol which eminently sensible moderators withdrew.
Yet so strong:-
Anyone blowing a whistle loudly in my environs is liable to be having it surgically retrieved by someone wearing rubber gloves late this aft

And won't somebody think of the children:-

Dad outside school yesterday, Rovers ST holder telling me he's considering not going Wolves game as he doesn't want lad, 10, seeing 18-75
He likes the 2nd best Aussie band ever though so he can't be all that bad. The Go-Betweens were a thing of beauty.

Sums and resembles the traffic of the board.

Yet another good fan pubically lost.

How many more Cheston? MC Consultants?

He who can't be named is being horrid on twitter again:-

Some fair competition for most deluded protest plonker. "Throwing stuff on the pitch will make the FA listen." These people get to vote!
He's a brute and no mistake. And oh the wit! It's caustic!! I shan't tangle with him:-
it's pitiful.A couple of dozen disorganised forlorn would-be avenging Angels who can't organise handing a few leaflets/whistles out
There are just no words to describe this level of cretin-hood. "Blow whistles before & after the games" - designed by morons for morons
But don't be mean to him. So sensitive:-
just for an odd comment I was subject to some rather extreme vitriol which eminently sensible moderators withdrew.
Yet so strong:-
Anyone blowing a whistle loudly in my environs is liable to be having it surgically retrieved by someone wearing rubber gloves late this aft

And won't somebody think of the children:-

Dad outside school yesterday, Rovers ST holder telling me he's considering not going Wolves game as he doesn't want lad, 10, seeing 18-75
He likes the 2nd best Aussie band ever though so he can't be all that bad. The Go-Betweens were a thing of beauty.

Are these people really this thin skinned. ' I don't want my ten year old seeing that '. Bloody hell I'd have been running on the pitch at ten, throwing punches at anyone trying to stop me.

Soppy sods.

We're in absolute limbo on and off the pitch.

We as fans appear unable to agree amongst ourselves,not enough of us appear interested in protest,hardly a Venky out chant yesterday as an example..total and utter frustration.

I just sadly predict a painful continuum of this situation for years to come,put bluntly,Rovers fans are too much p!ss n Wind and not enough action.

Sad state of affairs indeed.

Limbo suggests a state of equilibrium when we are clearly in a much worse spiral of decline.

Watched the former Forest owner interviewed on local TV this week - now there's a man who listens to the fans and decided to call it a day for the sake of the club. If only our lot were the same.

Are these people really this thin skinned. ' I don't want my ten year old seeing that '. Bloody hell I'd have been running on the pitch at ten, throwing punches at anyone trying to stop me.

Soppy sods.

It's pathetic it really is this is Ewood for gods sake where they've been going for years. What do they think is going to happen ? A 500 strong drunk baying mob on Bolton Road shouting 'you shall not pass;

Burnley games and the odd Man Yoo ones aside when has Ewood EVER been intimidating outside to it's own fans by it's own fans since it was redeveloped ?

No wonder Ewoods like a morgue, hell at about 10 years old my mates dad marched us through a mob of Chelsea tearing towards the BBE on Nuttall Street with words along the lines of "any of you keaners come near these lads i'll kick yer flooking teeth in"

He was a great bloke and as placid as you'd ever meet but today they treat it like a trip to the flippin cinema. Sadly this is part of the reason i didn't offer to turn up and hand leaflets out yesterday despite wanting to. I couldn't hold my tongue if provoked to some of these precious, head in the sand types who like to think anyone with a pair of gonads is a wanna be thug.

Archived