BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Protest Ideas...

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last night showed that the 18-75 just won't work. The fact it was a night game, plus the weather ensured the 'real' crowd was about 6000.

With Wolves being a 5.30 TV game (who knows what the weather will do on top of that) I would wager a similar turnout- who's going to notice 1500 people (at best?) wandering in late across 4 stands?

When this was agreed upon, I don't think folk grasped just how few people are actually in the ground these days and as Tom alluded to, the fact that plenty of said few are vehemently opposed to it anyway.

The 15000 missing fans, that's your tangible protest, there will be no large display of dissent from the remaining 8000.

I have concerns about the Wolves protests, -I've said before I sit in the family stand and don't expect any participation there but tonight a belief was confirmed.

A bloke quite near me who seems a salt of the earth type was talking to a few other blokes at half time, the conversation was there's no chance they will get involved and there will be trouble if anyone gave them aggro for it - this was followed up with a statement that the protests got us relegated last time.

Never actually heard these things said in person before.

This has been the case for a long time Tom. We are in the opposite half of the JWL and there will be no protest from this section or at least not sufficient to make an impact. The 1875 action will achieve little and largely go unnoticed. A great shame.

Mattyblue hits the nail on the head.

It's a communication failure - a continuing one.

The blaming of the fans came on the back of Venkys out chants after the goal

I don't agree with blaming the fans but, at times, I get irritated by those chants after opposition goals. In the dieing moments with a slender lead support is needed rather than Venky's out chants.

I was respectful and took the leaflet.

I always said I would respectful

If you knew what the leaflet was about, had seen the leaflet before on the internet, but had no interest in joining 18/75... why did you take it?

I was respectful and took the leaflet.

I always said I would respectful

to be honest most who didn't take one where respectful and said no thanks ....BUT I got told to F off , your wnkr and it's all your lots fault as Venkys are doing a good job in difficult times ... I actually bit my tongue . And another one who had a pop was the badge/scarf seller at BBE .

Had plenty of encouragement and good chats as well whilst I got a tad soaked . If your leaflet was soggy I'm sorry the monsoon kicked our arses .Many thanks to all who helped and good to meet some new faces .

So what are you doing for Wolves Amo? Just remind me...

It's the local fans who are the lifeblood of the club. They're the ones with the onus to make a stand. Apart from a minority who continue to fight the good fight, most of our lot don't have the stomach for it. In fact, they have directed more ire towards the protest movement than they have at the Venky's. The phrase 'Useful idiots' comes to mind.

Infuriating. Mind you I can only imagine there are 3 types of fan who regularly continue to go.

1. Those whose sheer love of the club and/or massively resilient personalities overcomes the pain of watching it die before them.

2. Those who have a significant reason for not breaking the habit. Be it a family thing, a mates thing, even just a personal thing (nothing else to do).

3. Those who are severely deluded about either our present situation of the events that have led to it. I'd imagine the average IQ of this group isn't the highest.

Fans to blame for relegation...I'd have spat my half-time pie out at that!

I would say category 3 make up the majority of the remaining 7,000 fans and that it's a waste of time trying to educate them.

I think most of the missing 15,000 are anti-Venkys and understand to a degree what has gone on.

Let the loyal,remaining fans be loyal. We will need them to resurrect the Club.

The 20% of us that have got fight in us(including the boycotters) have got to be resilient and make a fuss.

The 80% will thank us in the long run.

No English Club has ever NOT found a buyer. We need to remove the core problem....Venkys lack of Stewardship.

Got my whistle and my(very) expensive flight tickets.

Last night showed that the 18-75 just won't work. The fact it was a night game, plus the weather ensured the 'real' crowd was about 6000.

With Wolves being a 5.30 TV game (who knows what the weather will do on top of that) I would wager a similar turnout- who's going to notice 1500 people (at best?) wandering in late across 4 stands?

When this was agreed upon, I don't think folk grasped just how few people are actually in the ground these days and as Tom alluded to, the fact that plenty of said few are vehemently opposed to it anyway.

The 15000 missing fans, that's your tangible protest, there will be no large display of dissent from the remaining 8000.

Pretty much agree with this and i thought it was a decent idea at first but in terms of visual impact there probably won't really be much of one unless the whole BBE empties on 75.

I did say it would may have been better concentrating it on one area of the ground and asking as many as possible who wan't to take part to go in there or relocate there. Still doable of course, 200/300 in the bottom corner of the BBE nearest JW which is always virtually empty anyway. In good view of the new cameras and minimal disruption to others, a bunch of empty seats on kick off then fans congregate there and make noise throughout both in support of the team and Venkys out which will be picked up on the box. Then on 75 blow your whistles and all troop out.

Best we can do at the min i reckon although calling for as many to boycott as possible is still the best statement with a game like this. Half the job is already done seeing as only about 6k will pitch up anyway, get another two thousand off that and believe me it'll be noticeable.

Both those scenarios shouldn't bother those who don't want to take part in anything. Ironically a good few of those will miss it anyway because it's on TV probably.

I would say category 3 make up the majority of the remaining 7,000 fans and that it's a waste of time trying to educate them.

I am just so, so tired of reading this on the MB. Insulting your fellow supporters has no worthwhile benefit and in my case turns me away from joining in actions knowing others believe I'm part of a deluded group of supporters.

This attitude is highly divisive. If you want my support stop insulting me.

1875 won't work but the one group who could make it work - the boycotters - won't turn out for the day to help make the impact which is needed.

I am just so, so tired of reading this on the MB. Insulting your fellow supporters has no worthwhile benefit and in my case turns me away from joining in actions knowing others believe I'm part of a deluded group of supporters.

1875 won't work but the one group who could make it work - the boycotters - won't turn out for the day to help make the impact which is needed.

Works both ways though. There is literally nothing more insulting than being blamed for Rovers relegation. That's a disgraceful comment from anyone who ever makes it and there's plenty of remaining attendees who make it (although perhaps not on here) about protestors and boycotters.

I do agree with you but both sides are as bad as each other.

Works both ways though. There is literally nothing more insulting than being blamed for Rovers relegation. That's a disgraceful comment from anyone who ever makes it and there's plenty of remaining attendees who make it (although perhaps not on here) about protestors and boycotters.

I do agree with you but both sides are as bad as each other.

One of the Venkys only lasting achievements here was splitting our fanbase right down the centre. And keeping it fractured for years. I guess we were ripe for it however as so many hated the football under Allardyce.

Six years on and we are still goosed. Change nothing and nothing will change.

Sadly, this will all now play out exactly as governed by our owners. I am fully resigned to that and have therefore done only what I can do as an individual fan and decided to either support what is happening, or withdraw my support fully in all ways. Especially financially.

1875 will have zero impact. Charlton threw 3000 pigs on the pitch the other day with Coventry also involved. It barely got a mention anywhere. In the age of ICT any protest needs to start with that as a central conduit. It is already getting to last chance saloon for Rovers fans as our debts spiral and our players get sold.

Source the database of all previous Rovers season ticket holders / ticket buyers and start an aggressive electronic contact / awareness campaign with those missing / supporting fans at the crux. Evolve and grow onto social media once support is in place. A step by step approach is required, organised in a timely and structured fashion using the communication ease of ICT as its core.

What have I done? Not a lot. Trotted won Bolton Road for the @#/? Out protests like a rebellious little chav. I thought we were all going to be there. As if.

Fresh ideas and a new direction required. Unite the fanbase. Nothing will progress until that takes place.

I had a civilised chat with one who blamed protests for relegation a week or so ago, his rational was "you lot created a negative atmosphere that took the team down, I'm glad most have stopped coming to games" My answer was "Well surely it is your job to create a positive atmosphere to inspire the team" I pointed out that Ewood now has the atmosphere of an empty library, his reply was amusing "I go to watch the team not to shout and cheer, you need to get the boycotters back for that"

Sadly many who still attend deserve everything that Venkys serve up to them. Happy to sit in silence them grumble into their Bovril at half time

Sadly many who still attend deserve everything that Venkys serve up to them. Happy to sit in silence them grumble into their Bovril at half time

You simply don't get it do you?

Personally I was ready to get stuck in and help but everytime I read this, now coming from BRAG office holder, I feel one step more distant.

I hear nothing from the fan groups to encourage me to take part. The Trust have missed so many opportunities it's a painful disappointment, BRFCAG don't seem to publicise anything (until last night) and Ewood Blues don't appear to have a structure.

Stop telling me I get what I deserve and tell me something worthwhile I can do because there is nothing at present - 1875 included.

If these groups want to @#/? off the support they are going the right way about it.

WHAT ABOUT THOSE INSULTING PROTESTERS?

Once again Paul, no-one is here to persuade anyone to join protests, no one is here to hold anyones hand and tell them it will be alright if they speak up... So many people keep speaking out this way because its simply how they feel about our fans. The majority of us are men, a few words typed on a messageboard shouldn't be the divisive factor between joining a protest. For people who protest, it isn't a question or a debate, its a defensive reaction, like when someone hits you for no reason... You hit back.

For many people who protest, the sheer ignorance of some of the current fan base who still attend is the devisive factor... If people are going to be ignorant or aggressive towards those fighting the good fight these people are just as much to blame.

The leaflets have been handed out, the masses have been approached and left to decide whether they want to stand with us... I'm not holding my breath.

Bit hard to take the moral high-ground about supporter division whilst firing a parting shot at boycotters, Paul.

People shouldn't be looking for reasons to protest. They should be taking action because they're disgusted with the manner in which the club's been run for the past six years.

Archived