BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Protest Ideas...

I can see it now. March 2019, Rovers cut adrift in League Two with a game at the weekend at home to Morecambe. Some fans mention a protest, only to be shouted out by the usual:

"GET BEHIND T'LADS"

"It won't make any difference"

"They're keeping us going, where would we be without them"?

AHHH but if it's a 6 pointer and a crucial game

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope these protests are a success.

I can't really comment much as I'm not in Blackburn (or even the UK) for the majority of the year. Needless to say if I was back for the Wolves game I would take part fully in the 18/75 and any other protest.

It's embarrassing that we don't seem to have the togetherness that other clubs seem to have (Notably Charlton). Never mind that Blackburn generally is a town divided on religious grounds - you could probably make a documentary about Rovers fans being divided too.

I hope these protests are a success.

I can't really comment much as I'm not in Blackburn (or even the UK) for the majority of the year. Needless to say if I was back for the Wolves game I would take part fully in the 18/75 and any other protest.

It's embarrassing that we don't seem to have the togetherness that other clubs seem to have (Notably Charlton). Never mind that Blackburn generally is a town divided on religious grounds - you could probably make a documentary about Rovers fans being divided too.

It's shocking what tripe these people come up with why they won't protest. I beginning to think they are just bone idol. It's not as if they make big efforts to make Ewood bouncing on a match day.

It's shocking what tripe these people come up with why they won't protest. I beginning to think they are just bone idol. It's not as if they make big efforts to make Ewood bouncing on a match day.

Fully agree the atmosphere at Ewood is poor in fact its as poor as i can ever remember having had a season ticket from the late 70's including this season. Certain people keep saying the protest is dividing the fans, so lets see how much noise they create while i'm outside till the 18th minute and leave on the 75th minute i may just join them reading a book.The atmosphere is created by what happens on the pitch and the fair that has been served up has been poor to say the least.But we must appreciate those that choose to protest and those that don't, there must be no annomosity towards each other because at the end of the day i for one do not know a Rovers fan that still wants Venkys in charge regardless if they take part in the 18/75 or not.United we stand Divided we fall COYB

Who would have ever thought that Rovers fans would take such a monumental kicking lying down eh.Our beloved Club and Fans kicked from Pillar to Post in six disastrous years of Rao tenure,Ye Gods!...

Those that boo and choose to chastise those who protest on Saturday should hang their heads in utter shame,rest assured,your no friend of mine.

Who would have ever thought that Rovers fans would take such a monumental kicking lying down eh.

Those that boo and choose to chastise those who protest on Saturday should hang their heads in utter shame.

I could well imagine there being boos from those choosing to stay. I genuinely don't understand how they can believe that fans are responsible for our downfall. "Don't rock the boat, you might upset Venkys and they could ruin us". It's part Stockholm Syndrome and part slave mentality: as though the wrath of our lords and masters can somehow be 'earned' and even 'deserved'. It really is the battered spouse staying with their abusive partner for fear of the (unknown) alternative.

Conversely, on Saturday, I'd ask that anyone in the concourse or outside the ground does not give any grief to those walking to their seats for kick off - no matter what they say or call us. A bit of dignity is required.

I could well imagine there being boos from those choosing to stay. I genuinely don't understand how they can believe that fans are responsible for our downfall. "Don't rock the boat, you might upset Venkys and they could ruin us". It's part Stockholm Syndrome and part slave mentality: as though the wrath of our lords and masters can somehow be 'earned' and even 'deserved'. It really is the battered spouse staying with their abusive partner for fear of the (unknown) alternative.

Conversely, on Saturday, I'd ask that anyone in the concourse or outside the ground does not give any grief to those walking to their seats for kick off - no matter what they say or call us. A bit of dignity is required.

I have a dream.....

Six years of this @#/? and some fans are still humming and hawwing over whether to protest or not. What depths do the owners have to plumb before there's a backlash?

I hate the them and us analogy, but as people have been saying, the ones griping about protests deserve what Venkys have to offer in the coming years, they deserve Owen Coyle, ****s like Barry Chuckle and that cockney spiv bleeding the club dry, whilst they carry on buying the match day program and supporting through thick and thin.

If Birdy can see the end game :blink: non of these fans trying to become No1 have an excuse.

I understand we have some middle ground here, not everyone wants to protest, but everyone to a man and woman should acknowledge that these rats from Pune are ruining/ruined the club, to think otherwise is a disgrace to the club, town and Jack Walker himself.

Hang your heads in shame.

This is the last post I made on this message board 4 and a half years ago and nothing has changed in my "protest" not to put another penny into the pockets of Venky's.

I began watching Blackburn Rovers when I was seven years old, when my Dad used to put me on the small running board that ran round the perimeter wall. I have watched them ever since and been a season ticket holder for over 50 years (apart from a spell when I took up refereeing in the 80’s, and even then used to dash down to the ground and watch the last 30 minutes.

I have sat in the same seat in the Riverside since the stand was built in 1985 and over the past55 years have seen many highs and lows of the club. Promotion back to the old first division in 1958 when we won the first 3 games scoring 5 goals in each game. The Cup final in 1960 I will miss out. The disastrous start to the 1965 season due to the polio outbreak in Blackburn and eventual relegation. It was in the late 60’s when I started going to the away games and since then have clocked up more than 60 grounds in the country, many of which are no longer even in the league. Hitch hiking to places like Plymouth, Bristol, Cardiff and London was the norm. 1971 saw relegation again, but that was never seen as a problem with Ken Furphy as manager. The wonderful promotion of 1975 remembering Stuart Metcalfe run half the length of the pitch to score at Port Vale. 1991 saw the arrival of Kenny after Don Mackay had done his wheeling and dealing for 5 years. The play-off final at Wembley when we beat Leicester to become founder members of the Premiership. This was now the Jack Walker era and who would have believed the transformation of the club.

Who can forget that marvellous day on 14th May 1995 at Anfield. Certainly a dream come true. 4 years later of course, we were back in division one, but Graeme Souness soon got us back. What a night that was at Preston with Matt Jansen scoring the only goal. Another visit to Wembley saw Rovers win the Worthington cup in 2002.

Europe never quite agreed with Rovers, but I enjoyed driving down to Lyon and flying off to Krakow, to see Rovers win their first European away game. Even going on pre-season tours to Austria and Germany in 2001 and 2002 was a great way to take a holiday.

So why after all these great times have I decided not to renew my season ticket? Probably like a number of others in that I am not prepared to put any further money in the pockets of Venky’s or listen to any more lies from the manager. I have been paying £1.00 a week in the Rovers Readies or the old Double your Money for the past 25 years, and not won a penny, but no more. I feel very angry and disappointed that as far as I am concerned, Rovers have been completely ruined by the Indian owners.

I have been a member of this message board for over 11 years and whilst not agreeing with a number of posters, have enjoyed the banter. This therefore is my final post as I cannot bear to even go next Monday and watch the final nail in the coffin of Blackburn Rovers.. So over and out and thank you.

This is the last post I made on this message board 4 and a half years ago and nothing has changed in my "protest" not to put another penny into the pockets of Venky's.

I began watching Blackburn Rovers when I was seven years old, when my Dad used to put me on the small running board that ran round the perimeter wall. I have watched them ever since and been a season ticket holder for over 50 years (apart from a spell when I took up refereeing in the 80s, and even then used to dash down to the ground and watch the last 30 minutes.

I have sat in the same seat in the Riverside since the stand was built in 1985 and over the past55 years have seen many highs and lows of the club. Promotion back to the old first division in 1958 when we won the first 3 games scoring 5 goals in each game. The Cup final in 1960 I will miss out. The disastrous start to the 1965 season due to the polio outbreak in Blackburn and eventual relegation. It was in the late 60s when I started going to the away games and since then have clocked up more than 60 grounds in the country, many of which are no longer even in the league. Hitch hiking to places like Plymouth, Bristol, Cardiff and London was the norm. 1971 saw relegation again, but that was never seen as a problem with Ken Furphy as manager. The wonderful promotion of 1975 remembering Stuart Metcalfe run half the length of the pitch to score at Port Vale. 1991 saw the arrival of Kenny after Don Mackay had done his wheeling and dealing for 5 years. The play-off final at Wembley when we beat Leicester to become founder members of the Premiership. This was now the Jack Walker era and who would have believed the transformation of the club.

Who can forget that marvellous day on 14th May 1995 at Anfield. Certainly a dream come true. 4 years later of course, we were back in division one, but Graeme Souness soon got us back. What a night that was at Preston with Matt Jansen scoring the only goal. Another visit to Wembley saw Rovers win the Worthington cup in 2002.

Europe never quite agreed with Rovers, but I enjoyed driving down to Lyon and flying off to Krakow, to see Rovers win their first European away game. Even going on pre-season tours to Austria and Germany in 2001 and 2002 was a great way to take a holiday.

So why after all these great times have I decided not to renew my season ticket? Probably like a number of others in that I am not prepared to put any further money in the pockets of Venkys or listen to any more lies from the manager. I have been paying £1.00 a week in the Rovers Readies or the old Double your Money for the past 25 years, and not won a penny, but no more. I feel very angry and disappointed that as far as I am concerned, Rovers have been completely ruined by the Indian owners.

I have been a member of this message board for over 11 years and whilst not agreeing with a number of posters, have enjoyed the banter. This therefore is my final post as I cannot bear to even go next Monday and watch the final nail in the coffin of Blackburn Rovers.. So over and out and thank you.

Good man John and as relevant now as the day you posted it.

Hope you're well by the way.

I thought every man had his breaking point, but a contingent of our supporters are vehemently opposed to the protest movement. What would it take for these people to finally say enough is enough?

Another relegation or two?

Renaming Ewood to the Balaji Stadium?

Melting down Jack's statue?

I thought every man had his breaking point, but a contingent of our supporters are vehemently opposed to the protest movement. What would it take for these people to finally say enough is enough?

Another relegation or two?

Renaming Ewood to the Balaji Stadium?

Melting down Jack's statue?

In the summer when they close the Riverside, those displaced will shrug and quietly relocate to the Balaji Main Stand.

By the way, just checked out Coventry City's news on the BBC, and the attendance for the match against Rochdale (not Chesterfield as I said earlier by mistake) was about 8100. That is probably about par for this season, but about 1000 less than the midweek win against Appleton's Oxford team. There was a protest before the game (see link, and note which badge is in the background).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-coventry-warwickshire-37739947

A lot of them will probably be the same ones who would sit on their hands all game and even if there was no protest would be the first to boo the team off if they lose v Wolves. I'm sure a lot of people actually go to Ewood for the peace and quiet as if they are going to the cinema or something, whatever happened to football crowds ?

Archived