BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Protest Ideas...

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

were are the 18mins guys going to be for the 18 minutes before they enter,one turnstile will be open on each side of the ground 10 minutes in.if you concragate in the bar areas,stewards will most definatley move people on?

were are the 18mins guys going to be for the 18 minutes before they enter,one turnstile will be open on each side of the ground 10 minutes in.if you concragate in the bar areas,stewards will most definatley move people on?

They cannot make you move from the concourse

So let me summarise the ground rules....

A comment towards attendees is an insult

A comment towards protesters is an opinion

Is that about right Paul?

No it's not right.

Deriding attendees in the manner some chose to on here is insulting. For example "deserve what they get," "severely deluded" etc.

There may be people who chose to insult protesters, I'm not sure on this, but if your question is aimed specifically at me I think you'll struggle to find any insulting comments towards anyone.

also you are not allowed to have a view on a certain tweeter.

Haha. Unbelievable! Yet the rest of the off topic posts stay.

Do Amazon do their drone delivery service yet? If so, we should order loads of Chickens to the centre circle at Ewood Park during a match day.

This is a joke btw before another post is deleted.

No it's not right.

Deriding attendees in the manner some chose to on here is insulting. For example "deserve what they get," "severely deluded" etc.

There may be people who chose to insult protesters, I'm not sure on this, but if your question is aimed specifically at me I think you'll struggle to find any insulting comments towards anyone.

Paul with respect if you are to quote me please do so in it's full context, I have explained that I was referring to those who abused, attacked, threatened and spat on those protesting.

Such a shame this is even a topic of discussion. At other clubs the protesters wouldnt have a go at those not protesting, and those not protesting wouldn't have a go at those doing so. Nobody knows if and what will/wont work, or make things better/worse, so no one is any kind of expert on this matter.

Sad that many fans seem to be more obsessed about getting faux-upset over a protest, whilst they watch the club being dissolved in front of them.

Such a shame this is even a topic of discussion. At other clubs the protesters wouldnt have a go at those not protesting, and those not protesting wouldn't have a go at those doing so. Nobody knows if and what will/wont work, or make things better/worse, so no one is any kind of expert on this matter.

Sad that many fans seem to be more obsessed about getting faux-upset over a protest, whilst they watch the club being dissolved in front of them.

I think that would happen in any such situation to be honest. Look at the Arsenal protests against Wenger (can't remember whether it was the end of last season or the start of this). Hearing the competing songs and watching the heatedly arguing and aggressively gesturing fans really did remind me of our own support when it comes to Venkys.

If you've got thousands of people (still mostly male) at close proximity towards each other, add beer into the mix, an testosteroney atmosphere and an emotive subject, and then the split is almost down the middle in terms of opinion, you're never gonna get everyone leaving the other side to it. It's just not realistic.

And there lies the rather embarassing crux. The Arsenal fans argued because Wenger still had a large number of supporters. Rovers fans argue at Ewood because we still have a large number of fans who want people to lay off Venkys.

I can honestly see a protestor getting a whack or at the very least verbally abused and maybe even some mass booing against Wolves. Particularly if we're winning.

Only one thing for it then. Take your whistles and get the game disrupted.

If this doesn't happen - then the opportunity live on sky, with the world watching - then its a massive opportunity missed.

Like many say, the low crowd, people won't notice those leaving and arriving early - i've stated from day one - that what happens between 18 and 75 is key.

The in18out75 protest announcement was a start, one that could go to print in the press, one that could be openly talked about, so that people know this game is protest day, what isn't written on leaflets and isn't printed in the newspapers is how far people will go to make sure this day is noticed, and only the supporters can dictate that - and i sincerely hope that enough people know what they need to do and are prepared to do it, and that plenty stand by those people.

The world is watching, waiting for our feelings to shown.

From what iv'e read there is some sort of boycott supposed to be happening at Coventry today. Not sure of the exact details surrounding it but glancing through twitter a lot of their fans are saying stuff like "i have a season ticket iv'e paid therefore i'm going" and "what's the point it won't make any difference we've got to support the team".

Just shows the desire to act or not in protest is far from unique to Rovers fans as is often made out. Be interesting to see how it turns out down there today.

I heard that on local radio. They get around 8,500 or so this season (The Ricoh has a similar capacity to Ewood Park) so it would be interesting to see how few go. A lot of City fans have just given up, they go shopping or go for a few pints during match time. Just about every fan who is on social media slates SISU, are suspicious of Mark Venus because of his links to a building company and plans to use Academy land to build houses but they're just hoping SISU would go.

Like our owners, they're a group of people you can't pin down, you can't bring them to account and get negotiations started to get them to leave. Coventry City is a signal to where the club is going.

Any of our groups going to this gathering in Blackpool early next month? Might be relevant for the action group? Fans groups from all over the NW share their experiences, concerns, and ideas for campaigning together against dodgy owners.... http://www.fsf.org.uk/latest-news/view/clubs-in-crisis-fsf-nw-special-saturday-12th-november-blackpool

Probably a pointless waste of time, but I am going to mail a letter to the FA asking how they justify what Venkys has done to Rovers. Extremely unlikely that any sort of response will be made, but I want to write the letter nonetheless.

Any of our groups going to this gathering in Blackpool early next month? Might be relevant for the action group? Fans groups from all over the NW share their experiences, concerns, and ideas for campaigning together against dodgy owners.... http://www.fsf.org.uk/latest-news/view/clubs-in-crisis-fsf-nw-special-saturday-12th-november-blackpool

Yes we are attending, Mark is speaking at the meeting. As FSF affiliate members it is great news that the north West Branch is reforming.

Most of our fans deserve Venkys and I utterly give up. Read the following this week:

It's a must win game so we shouldn't protest.

Protesters want us to be relegated.

People who bring a whistle will have it shoved where the sun doesn't shine.

Fans are protesting for personal attention.

We should support the team.

It's just madness. This isn't the club I love, and most of our fans seem to care more about being seen as super fans than to actually fight for the club.

The murals have been mocked, the nature of protest mocked, people been accused of not being proper fans. What is their suggestion? Oh yeah, it's to sit on their hands for 90 mins thinking they're helping the club. And these people apparently want Venkys Out - absolutely no suggestion they may help force even a hint of pressure on them though.

Never felt more dependent or disappointed in our fanbase. I think a lot of our fans deserve Venkys, whether it's through their own pig headedness or whether it's just the fact they're absolutely thick as mince.

Still tempted to protest next Saturday, but is it worth the trek from Cardiff? What's left to save? Most of the fans are happy with how it is.

Archived