BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Protest Ideas...

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

they have taken the heart out of us. When protests first started I was well up for it. March to the ground, yes. Wear yellow and black, yes. Protest after matches, yes. Turn up for the 24 hour protest outside Ewood, yes. I did them all. Fruitless exercises and the numbers in the majority of those events were poor to put it mildly. This time round I see nothing different and I expect the results will be the same. Nothing. It's not that I don't care. It's not that I don't think protesting is worthwhile. It would just require a real effort and I'm no longer buoyed up on a wave of optimism that we can change things. It's not easy to get to Ewood. The new road system is a nuisance. Parking is no longer straightforward. I'd have to travel in from Clitheroe. They're all excuses but they're very easy to see as reasons. Protesting was fine when I was at matches anyway and when I worked in Blackburn, a quick nip down to Ewood was fine, but I've got lazy now I don't work. I feel guilty. I want to get involved, but actually doing it is a different matter. Find me something I can do that stands a chance of making a real difference without my needing to attend a match and I'll try to do it, but I will not attend a match. Not how I should be, I know, but how it is, I'm afraid.

Slowly but surely they are killing us and our club.

First time I have been on this MB or posted for at least 4 weeks.

I was up walking in the Lakes with 3 Rovers ST holders this weekend. They are all sick to the back teeth with the ownership and the sh!te "quality" on display. I doubt if any of them will go to that many more games this season and will allmost certainly pack in next season......125 years of support from those three down the pan.

I do not know who we played nor the Rovers scores for the last few weeks.

Totally lost interest after 49 years of support.

Not a penny more of my money is going towards those robbing corrupt barstewards, going to Ewood is being taken for a ride.

Good bye and genuine good luck to you. Clay pigeon shooting, fell walking and Rugby League (a ST at Leigh Centurions next Super League season) beckons.

Bl00dy Hell, PB, I'd noticed you hadn't posted for a while. Thought it was because you were going over to India and keeping a low profile??

This is all dying a slow death and in danger of blowing over completely. I'm still coming up for the Wolves game to do whatever I can but, to be honest, the protests should have started three or four weeks ago. Delaying them has felt like the momentum has gone.

As I have stated a few times now, the key to all this was to have made the Blackburn public aware of just what went on when Jerome Anderson rocked up six years ago. There may well be two or three hundred participating in the 18/75 protest at the Wolves game but, in reality, it should be five or six thousand. I'm depressed.

Don't post from our favourite Tw@tter account if the mods won't allow us to comment.

I didn't mention his name, and won't be quoting his tweets again. Just pointing out his hypocrisy, bemoaning the 'abuse' he receives but labelling anyone thinking of protesting as 'morons'. 'plonkers' and 'cretins'.

He then incites violence with threats of shoving whistles of the protestors where the sun don't shine, then goes all Daily Mail with a 'heartbreaking' story of a 10 year old's dad not wanting to subject to his son to the horror of an '1875' protest. One of his 'followers' then replies that it could kick off if a 'protestor' says the wrong thing.

If it does kick off against Wolves it will be people like him who are to blame, stirring up trouble for those who want to exercise their right to peaceful protest.

@JimWilkz Anyone blowing a whistle loudly in my environs is liable to be having it surgically retrieved by someone wearing rubber gloves late this aft.

Hopefully this appalling threat of violence didn't become reality at the Ipswich game. Watch out at the Wolves protest lads and lasses. Inform the police/stewards immediately if you feel threatened.

@Ste B thanks for removing the posts Steve. I will not tolerate anyone accusing me of "inciting" or being responsible for violence

Except for the violence he threatens above. Can you believe these two tweets are from the same person. Beyond parody. At least he's mates with Ste b and can get posts removed that don't reflect well on him. The top one was posted on here yesterday evening, but sadly removed. I was just trying to raise awareness of the types of things being said by those opposed to the protests. Better to be pre-warned about what might happen if you are sat next to someone with aggressive tendencies and you dare to blow on a whistle. Hopefully JimWilkz 'followers' aren't suggestible and they can see that violence of any kind is not the answer to peaceful protests.

I was going to take my 8 year old niece to the Wolves game but if fellow Rovers fans are threatening violence then i'll leave her with her mum. She loves going to Rovers too. Very sad that it has come to this.

I hope WAR release a statement denouncing violence of any kind against peaceful protestors at the Wolves game. I think BRFCS are part of WAR. People's safety is paramount.

And won't somebody think of the children:-

Dad outside school yesterday, Rovers ST holder telling me he's considering not going Wolves game as he doesn't want lad, 10, seeing 18-75

He likes the 2nd best Aussie band ever though so he can't be all that bad. The Go-Betweens were a thing of beauty.

"Dad" needs to explain to his son exactly why it's happening.

There's a certain irony about bringing ones lad up to support their home town club through the bleakest of times but then making sure he doesn't ever get the notion of fighting to save it.

It's like people want to be miserable. Or at least see misery as preferable to outrage. I'm not sure what ever got done through wallowing in self-pity that didn't through standing up for something they believed in.

This whole "I am tentative of action against me due to 1875 protests" malarkey is absolute nonsense spoken by nonsensical, ignorant fools. They so desperately want to take the higher ground that they are now brazenly tarring every protestor with the hooligan-attitude brush. As if any sane man truly believes they will be set on, and their 10 year old children to boot, for walking into the ground. Honestly, who are they kidding?

It's an attempt to further distinguish themselves as the better people. For some bizarre reason that extremely small section of the fan base is of the belief they are mightily superior to anyone else and their opinion, astoundingly, is of a much more sound footing than the rest. Apparently with their 'age comes perspective' but as alluded to by myself before that is, again, nonsense. Cheerleaded by the fat controller the 50 or so fans that harp on Twitter about the 'cerebrally challenged hooligan element throwback to N.I in the 70s' have become so twist up in their own agenda they have lost sight on the most fundemental part of this whole horrible mess. We are all Rovers fans. The only trouble comes from them, the constant vitriol (his favourite word) from them is tiresome. They should continue to watch their games in silence and leave us to it, they haven't contributed to the campaign one iota thus far and frankly they clearly haven't got anything to contribute to it in the future.

Don't be scared for your kids. Be scared for the future or Blackburn Rovers if you persist to sit on your hands and a pick fights with your own fans over the owners- or in the case of some pick fights with your own fans to cement this delusion that you're better than them in your own weird twisted mind

Brighton fans on Facebook are offering to do a fans united protest at their place and our place. They've been here before with dodgy owners and are willing to protest alongside us.

Could do with someone getting in touch?

We need more momentum. The protest vs Wolves should be all over the place. There should be stuff thrown on the pitch, banners galore, the works.

Coming back from Cardiff for it, but worried it will be a damp squib.

Was going to start a new thread but thought i'd try here... Is there going to be a protests before 18 and after 75 for the Wolves game? if not perhaps one a Jacks statue and one at the player entrance?

Brighton fans on Facebook are offering to do a fans united protest at their place and our place. They've been here before with dodgy owners and are willing to protest alongside us.

Could do with someone getting in touch?

Back in the early 90's Brighton fans came up to Barker lane Mellor to protest against the owner of Brighton who lived there. They know all about sh1t owners and if they are offering help then the action groups should be all over it.

• Backroom

I have concerns about the Wolves protests, -I've said before I sit in the family stand and don't expect any participation there but tonight a belief was confirmed.

A bloke quite near me who seems a salt of the earth type was talking to a few other blokes at half time, the conversation was there's no chance they will get involved and there will be trouble if anyone gave them aggro for it - this was followed up with a statement that the protests got us relegated last time.

Never actually heard these things said in person before.

If any aggro between Rovers fans happens at the Wolves game, the protest will have served one purpose only, ie show the football world that this is a bitterly divided club. For the vast majority of supporters, the only thing that matters is Rovers winning, whoever owns the club or manages it.

They may be right on the Wolves point but well wide of it on the other in fact they must've been on a different planet. Could they not see what was happening on that pitch, in that dug out and boardroom ?

Ridiculous statement.

Protests might well have got under a lot of peoples skin but the one and only game i can honestly say it made any difference was the Bolton match and with them scoring early it was an organic outpouring of anger from ALL sides of the ground. We were virtually all but down by the Wigan game anyway and actually some of the most impressive wins came v Arsenal and Swansea when the protests were at their loudest.

Strange strange fans we have they bemused me as a kid when i first went and bemuse me to this day B)

this was followed up with a statement that the protests got us relegated last time

Infuriating. Mind you I can only imagine there are 3 types of fan who regularly continue to go.

1. Those whose sheer love of the club and/or massively resilient personalities overcomes the pain of watching it die before them.

2. Those who have a significant reason for not breaking the habit. Be it a family thing, a mates thing, even just a personal thing (nothing else to do).

3. Those who are severely deluded about either our present situation of the events that have led to it. I'd imagine the average IQ of this group isn't the highest.

Fans to blame for relegation...I'd have spat my half-time pie out at that!

• Backroom

Infuriating. Mind you I can only imagine there are 3 types of fan who regularly continue to go.

1. Those whose sheer love of the club and/or massively resilient personalities overcomes the pain of watching it die before them.

2. Those who have a significant reason for not breaking the habit. Be it a family thing, a mates thing, even just a personal thing (nothing else to do).

3. Those who are severely deluded about either our present situation of the events that have led to it. I'd imagine the average IQ of this group isn't the highest.

Fans to blame for relegation...I'd have spat my half-time pie out at that!

The odd thing is I didn't expect it from him, the type of bloke that's passionate and gets angry at the ref, players etc I thought he'd be on side.

The blaming of the fans came on the back of Venkys out chants after the goal

Archived