BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager

Next manager  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as the next manager?

• Jason Wilcox
    • Not Jason Wilcox
    • Grooby

As posted at the time, I put a tenner on this back in March at 25/1. Looks promising as a nice little earner.

Get your money on a returning ex Celtic manager (and not the obvious one either!)

WILCOX! Why won't anyone mention the guy in the 94-95 squad who probably cared most for the club and is well regarded and coaching right now?

Ainsworth is an absolute nobody.

How many clubs has Wilcox managed? I don't care who the next manager played for, I care about whether he can actually manage or not.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

I think we will be looking at a cheap internal appointment (Johnson or Dunn or both) or an external 'desperado'.

I think the Lambert saga will have done untold damage to Rovers' chances of recruiting someone half decent. Sherwood - in your dreams !

First call of a prospective manager will be to PL - 'Paul, what's gone on there?'

His assistants won't even take the job, so you know it's bad. Alan Irvine and Rob @#/? Kelly are saying no thanks.

Get your money on a returning ex Celtic manager (and not the obvious one either!)

How many clubs has Wilcox managed? I don't care who the next manager played for, I care about whether he can actually manage or not.

We are talking about ex Rovers connections (as the owners are rumored to want) so why not him? As I said before he's in a position coaching the Man City youth setup. What are Shearer, Sherwood, etc doing? If its going to be an ex player he would be my choice. Cares a lot about the club despite the abuse he received while playing here.

• Backroom

We are talking about ex Rovers connections (as the owners are rumored to want) so why not him? As I said before he's in a position coaching the Man City youth setup. What are Shearer, Sherwood, etc doing? If its going to be an ex player he would be my choice. Cares a lot about the club despite the abuse he received while playing here.

What happened to think big? Advocating the likes of Wilcox is stooping to Venky's level. It's nice that he cares about us but we need a manager, not a fan.

• Backroom

Someone like Mick McCarthy would fit in perfectly at rovers. But I am sure he is perfectly happy at Portman Road. :(

Just got given a new contract so will be nowhere near our radar. And even if he was, there's no way he'd entertain this circus.

What happened to think big? Advocating the likes of Wilcox is stooping to Venky's level. It's nice that he cares about us but we need a manager, not a fan.

What did I just say? IF they want an ex player why not him? At least he's coaching unlike Shearer who just wants a blank cheque handed to him somewhere.

If they are determined to bring in an ex player then the best we can hope for is to influence who it might be. Its certainly a better option than Shearer, Dunn, Tugay (pretended not to speak English) and Ainsworth.

Though we probably should pretend to say we don't want someone we actually do want. They will probably appoint him.

As for "think BIG" sadly its becoming more a way to celebrate Jack's life than ambition as well.

• Backroom

What did I just say? IF they want an ex player why not him? At least he's coaching unlike Shearer who just wants a blank cheque handed to him somewhere.

I don't care what they want.

If it had to be an ex Rover, Wilcox still wouldn't be in my top 5 to be honest!

Just got given a new contract so will be nowhere near our radar. And even if he was, there's no way he'd entertain this circus.

True that. We need someone who can build from the back. The number of games we have not been able to hold on to a lead this season is beyond belief.

O'Neil?

Can see him stepping down from International management after the Euros.

If it had to be an ex Rover, Wilcox still wouldn't be in my top 5 to be honest!

Who would be in your top 5 then? Wilcox gets nowhere near the recognition he deserves compared to a fat prat like Dunn.

O'Neil?

Can see him stepping down from International management after the Euros.

Put the booze away.

In reality with no board, come summer no squad, no money, a number of suspect signings made by lambert and bowyer still here collecting wages, who in the right mind is going to take this gig?

To even contemplate Dunn would be the beginning of the end and im sure he would gladly take it.

With Venkys still taking advice of the very same people they took advice from that fateful day they took ownership of rovers ot really is operation kill rovers.

It really is time to stand up and be counted my fellow rovers supporters, enough is really enough , how much more can we take until its breaking point for all?

If they are determined to bring in an ex player then the best we can hope for is to influence who it might be. Its certainly a better option than Shearer, Dunn, Tugay (pretended not to speak English) and Ainsworth.

Though we probably should pretend to say we don't want someone we actually do want. They will probably appoint him.

As for "think BIG" sadly its becoming more a way to celebrate Jack's life than ambition as well.

Why did you feel it necessary to stick a dig in there against Tugay?

Because he's in city's books?

No because he's in a role where he's well reagarded. If it had been Arsenal, Chelsea, etc I would say same. Always regarded Wilcox very highly.

Plus since its obvious what you're insinuating why would I want him to leave for Rovers if that was the case?

Why did you feel it necessary to stick a dig in there against Tugay?

Because someone who can handle the press would be better. All I said otherwise is I consider Wilcox the best ex Rovers player option.

• Backroom

No because he's in a role where he's well reagarded. If it had been Arsenal, Chelsea, etc I would say same. Always regarded Wilcox very highly.

Plus since its obvious what you're insinuating why would I want him to leave for Rovers if that was the case?

Because someone who can handle the press would be better. All I said otherwise is I consider Wilcox the best ex Rovers player option.

A youth coach who cares about the club. Getting a sense of deja vu here...

What is this Rovers link rubbish?! The main criteria should be if they can manage well.

It's because they genuinely think we will be happy with one of our own, 'that will shut them up'.

I love Dunny, as any rovers fan should, but it's suicide to give it him. For him and us.

They probably don't have any contacts other than people connected to the club.

A youth coach who cares about the club. Getting a sense of deja vu here...

Yes but I keep saying he's well regarded. I don't know why he never seems to get linked to first team jobs. Perhaps he's happy at youth level or perhaps its because he's always been unfairly overlooked on here.

It's because they genuinely think we will be happy with one of our own, 'that will shut them up'.

I love Dunny, as any rovers fan should, but it's suicide to give it him. For him and us.

They probably don't have any contacts other than people connected to the club.

He's a leech. Any Rovers fan should have treated Wilcox a lot better but they didn't. So I'm not going to worship someone who pretends to be injured when it suits him.

With Venkys still taking advice of the very same people they took advice from that fateful day they took ownership of rovers ot really is operation kill rovers.

This is the second time this has been suggested in as many days. Is this true? PM me if better.

Yes but I keep saying he's well regarded. I don't know why he never seems to get linked to first team jobs. Perhaps he's happy at youth level or perhaps its because he's always been unfairly overlooked on here.

He's a leech. Any Rovers fan should have treated Wilcox a lot better but they didn't. So I'm not going to worship someone who pretends to be injured when it suits him.

Not sure where you got your injured info from, but it's massively incorrect.

Has Mike Cheston ever hired a football manager before?

It's totally academic who the next manager is, we're only heading down under venkys.

won't Pasha be looking for the next manager not Cheston?

I think we will be looking at a cheap internal appointment (Johnson or Dunn or both) or an external 'desperado'.

I think the Lambert saga will have done untold damage to Rovers' chances of recruiting someone half decent. Sherwood - in your dreams !

First call of a prospective manager will be to PL - 'Paul, what's gone on there?'

will Dunn even want it after his experience at Oldham? or would he prefer to learn his trade working with Johnson at under 21's level

on the subject of desperado that's why I suggestion Uwe Rosler.

I think Karl Robinson or Ian Holloway could be an option for us as both have been linked with us before since Venkys join us

Holloway did get Blackpool and Palace get them both promote during his tenure

Archived