BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager

Next manager  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as the next manager?

• Jason Wilcox
    • Not Jason Wilcox
    • Grooby

something I'd welcome if venkys went!

Hear! hear!

Surely they should have done that with each so called Manager they have appointed.

Exactly JW -

It'll be Groundhog day all over again

and yet there are still those that can't see it ... just off to sit in front of the washing machine

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well after reading what Cheston has been saying I personally think we are done for.

Definitely time to protest and try to oust these jokers from the club., they've sold all our best players year after year and replaced them with cheap dross. The reason we carry so much debt is down to them and their decisions, end of

Weve now not got a footballing person running the club, we've got a financial person. Heartache incoming. No money spent, no contracts given, youth promoted.

Also Mike Cheston will be discussing the Club's board structure, finances, owners and the future of players in tomorrow LT.

After reading today's article we seemed to want a manager who will bring through young players and work on a budget. So we should be looking at Holloway, Robinson, Chris Wilder and Keith Hill.

Its seems that the owners dont want to keep paying 20 million a season to cover the debt anymore

What about the budget

Was sick of telling you there's no money we need these clowns gone

We've 8 players out of contract plus the loanees all of we can wave goodbye to

League one bound is the only thing to back at the bookies not who the next manager is

Finance director running the club only means one thing

I genuinely DO NOT know this information. This is a gut feeling. BUT Venkys very rarely refuse to pay. The more time goes by, the more I'm beginning to believe they just fell out of love with Lambert. His points return was pretty shoddy and his constant whining for money won't have impressed...

Wouldn't surprise me at all if they a) go for another established (Lambert) type and B) give that manager some money to spend...

Like I say, just a gut feeling. Time will tell.

Read today's telegraph and wake up and smell the coffee

Chaddyrovers even you need to protest now reading that

I read this last night and went to bed feeling a bit more positive but then I thought... Would Lambert be stupid enough to take a job with no assurances about future plans and expenditure? probably not.

Would Venly's be stupid enough to go to a lot of expense and effort to appoint a decent manager and then lose all interest and not communicate? probably.

Maybe Pasha is doing his best but when it comes down to it Venky's just don't care.

I hope I'm wrong

No we are in a worse situation than ever

These clowns need to go asap

A worrying read.

They want a yes man, who is happy to spend no money. They also don't want them to bring any of the their own backroom staff with them, which is pretty rare (although Berg didn't)

All signs pointing to a Bowyer/Kean-esq appointment.

A worrying read.

They want a yes man, who is happy to spend no money. They also don't want them to bring any of the their own backroom staff with them, which is pretty rare (although Berg didn't)

All signs pointing to a Bowyer/Kean-esq appointment.

The sooner we up in administration the better but I bet we'll be another season before that happens and languishing in League one

I agree, I think they've made their position transparent now. I'll be expecting them to sell our best players again this summer and trousering as much as they can while the club lives of scraps.

Shocking

Well after reading what Cheston has been saying I personally think we are done for.

Definitely time to protest and try to oust these jokers from the club., they've sold all our best players year after year and replaced them with cheap dross. The reason we carry so much debt is down to them and their decisions, end of

Don't really think any different after reading that - FFP was always there, as was the loss of parachute payments.

For all those having a go at Cheston - was he not the man that got us out of FFP in the first place (with the help of some extra money from our owners) ? Though I agree he could be in charge of instigating cuts that effectively kill the club (or at least its chances of top flight football for years to come) - he could equally instigate income and spending in such a way to get around FFP.

I agree that the debt is down to them - but consider the irony - people complain that Cheston is from a financial background and not from a football background. When Venky's paid big money and wages for players in an effort to get back up again - it was exactly what a football fan would do - and is part of the reason we are in the mess we are in. Imagine if Cheston had been there saying "do we really want to give Best £30k a week" or "a two year contract at £30k a week seems a lot for Murphy"

Don't really think any different after reading that - FFP was always there, as was the loss of parachute payments.

For all those having a go at Cheston - was he not the man that got us out of FFP in the first place (with the help of some extra money from our owners) ? Though I agree he could be in charge of instigating cuts that effectively kill the club (or at least its chances of top flight football for years to come) - he could equally instigate income and spending in such a way to get around FFP.

I agree that the debt is down to them - but consider the irony - people complain that Cheston is from a financial background and not from a football background. When Venky's paid big money and wages for players in an effort to get back up again - it was exactly what a football fan would do - and is part of the reason we are in the mess we are in. Imagine if Cheston had been there saying "do we really want to give Best £30k a week" or "a two year contract at £30k a week seems a lot for Murphy"

No one is having a go at Cheston he's there to a financial job as the finances dictate to the best of his ability

A financial job not a football job may I add

Given our finances we are screwed thanks to venkys

They'll sell and trouser what they can whilst heaping further debt on the club as we head into league one

FOOTBALL MANAGER WANTED. Blackburn Rovers Football Club - former Premier League Champions - are looking for a new manager. Rovers can offer competitive pay and the opportunity to try and gain promotion from The Championship. Conditions: Our new manager must be willing to continue using our existing staff and therefore must be willing not to bring in 'their own men'. They must also be happy to work with no transfer or wage budget, filling the spots of existing out of contract players with existing youth team players. The owners of the club will not be in contact directly, our new manager will be happy to go through the existing board, consisting of two people doing approximately eight roles between them.

Applications direct to apply@onerovers.co.uk.

I can see where you are coming from DMTP but after coming out of FFP I'd of expected some kind of investment in the playing squad.

Totally agree about Best Etuhu Murphy Orr and the rest but to be honest I was questioning the wages and contracts of these players, at that time, with people close to Shabby Shebby.

Also how on earth will we replace Hanley, Marshall and any other first framers that may be pawned off in the summer?

Because with low cost low budget free transfers and kids I can only see a season struggle I'm afraid.

I still have issues with this bringing youngsters on. Our youth players aren't very good, certainly not more than League 1 standard most of them and we are supposed to use them to try to stay in the championship. I know we're supposed to have a state of the art academy but you are only as good as your intake and we've been suffering by being in the championship for several years now. Just like with the first team we are not choosing from the best.

Also Mike Cheston will be discussing the Club's board structure, finances, owners and the future of players in tomorrow LT.

After reading today's article we seemed to want a manager who will bring through young players and work on a budget. So we should be looking at Holloway, Robinson, Chris Wilder and Keith Hill.

Its seems that the owners dont want to keep paying 20 million a season to cover the debt anymore

They aren't paying £20 million to cover the debt. They are paying £20 million a season to cover running costs and contracts that they have sanctioned under their ownership. If they don't like paying for it then perhaps they should have thought about that before dishing out £30k a week 3 year deals after we were relegated.

Besides, last years annual loss of £15 million has been comfortably covered by player sales which could easily have seen us relegated this season. £20 million pocketed from selling quality assets like Gestede, Cairney and Rhodes, so they aren't out of pocket in the last year or so.

If Grayson is in the frame we should be all over him.Knows this league inside out and has a inferior one squad a lot higher than us.

Grayson knows how to work to a budget having had little to no money at PNE and Leeds in this division.

If Grayson is in the frame we should be all over him.Knows this league inside out and has a inferior one squad a lot higher than us.

I'd seriously argue on the inferior squad. Theres no way Grayson leaves PNE to join Rovers.

• Backroom

I'd seriously argue on the inferior squad. Theres no way Grayson leaves PNE to join Rovers.

Agreed, our squad is pretty terrible and when you take the loan players away in the summer even worse. With no transfer budget you'd have to be pretty desperate to come here.

There does certainly appear to be a major shift in thinking from the owners. It's clear when Lambert was appointed that the owners wanted to go for it next season (he wouldn't have taken the job otherwise). That was also evident through us coming out of the embargo.

The approach now seems to be "cutback".

I think there's more to this shift than we're aware of at the moment. What changed between now and Jan?

I'm afraid all the bs about venky's investing lots of money into the club is rubbish. They've thrown away £100m by mismanagement, for which I have no sympathy for. There has been zero investment in the squad for four years.

I still have issues with this bringing youngsters on. Our youth players aren't very good, certainly not more than League 1 standard most of them and we are supposed to use them to try to stay in the championship. I know we're supposed to have a state of the art academy but you are only as good as your intake and we've been suffering by being in the championship for several years now. Just like with the first team we are not choosing from the best.

Maybe the plan is not to stay in the Championship, just like it was not their and their business partners plan to stay in the Premier league, Bet Desai was fuming when the projects manager choice failed to deliver in his first season

• Backroom

Very much sounds like we are setting up to be a league 1 club with little outgoing to match the little incomings.

Survival next season looks very very unlikely now.

The interview with Cheston actually delivers more questions than answers. Whilst I'm not knocking the bloke, who I'm sure is doing his best in difficult circumstances, and I'm grateful that at last someone with some sort of authority is communicating, he appears to be expertly trained in the Paul Hunt/Alan Myers/Derek Shaw school of give an interview without actually giving any proper answers.

A few points that puzzle me:

• 'The club are wanting to get a new manager as soon as possible, but are willing to wait to get the right man' - what does this actually mean? Does it mean they have their eyes on someone who might not be available immediately i.e. is in employment elsewhere? How long do they wait to 'get the right man'? Do they wait for that man to apply for the job or do they approach him?
  • 'The club have started to build up a shortlist of candidates to take over from Lambert' - really? You mean to say that despite Lambert having a break clause in his contract and his comments over the last month making it obvious he was going to be walking away, the club has waited until now to start thinking about replacements? The shortlist should have been in place as soon as he inserted the break clause and should have been whittled down over the last few weeks when every man and his dog knew Lambert was going to be off sooner rather than later
  • What is the actual situation with Irvine, Kelly and Batty? If the club expects the new manager to work with them then we can forget any decent candidates, as even people like Grayson will want to work with their familiar teams rather than inherit someone else's staff. If the club expects them to stay because they don't want to pay them off then we've got no chance. If alternatively it is preferable, but that the new man has the final say, then that isn't too bad.
  • 'Between the board, key staff within the club, and India, we'll look to see who to interview and take it from there' - who are these people? Other than Cheston and possibly Myers in a short term advisory capacity, who are the key staff? There's no board other than Cheston as he is the only remaining active director. Who will actually be taking the lead? What will India contribute to the discussions? What do they know about appointing a new manager that the people in Blackburn don't know better?

Its an ok start to transparency from our CEO/MD/Finance Director/Communications Director/Commercial Director but work to be done.

Archived