BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager

Next manager  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as the next manager?

• Jason Wilcox
    • Not Jason Wilcox
    • Grooby

Maybe just maybe the Venkys were disappointed with Lambert and decided not to commit further brass to him (or communicate) in the hope that he'd walk (which he has)

That gives them the chance to try again with someone of quality who will be given a reasonable budget

Do I need to go and lie down in a darkened room?

I'd be very happy with Grayson by the way

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wouldn't be surprised to see a few decent names leaked out as being sounded out before the weekend just to try and stem any anger at the match on Sat.

An ex player was telling people to get money on Pearson last time, turned out a dud although it doesn't mean he wasn't asked. The thing is who's doing the asking, often just agents trying to set things up off their own bat.

Like someone said before I feel like Venky's, despite all their faults, will want to make sure the next Manager they pay their money to will be a sound investment and I think it'll be another decent Manager.

If this Pasha fella is the guy pulling the strings and the guy who appointed Lambert in the first place then it sounds like he's some sort of travelling Chairman.

It's not ideal but at least someone's actually there to hire a new Manager!

Out.of the nes I have.seen. Moyes, pipe dream, expensive mediocrity.

I think perhaps Billy Davies might be the man to get it done. Crazy enough to work through the venkychinckenshit. Has been there.

MCCarthy, I'd.love but he's too honest.

Holloway, interesting pressers at least and could always get some response out of Venkies by pretending he is calling for advise on his chickens. They have that in common.

Grayson? He's not stupid enough.

So for me Davies.

Good shout USA. I'd completely forgotten about Davies, allegedly him and Derek Shaw couldn't stand the sight of each other so he probably couldn't be considered previously.

Looks like a bulldog locking p*** off a nettle and could probably start a fight in an empty room but imo he generally gets his sides performing in the short to medium term before he inevitably falls out with all and sundry and it all goes belly up. Also as close as you're going to get to Lambert in terms of profile, personality and experience.

Would be near the top of my list as well.

Like someone said before I feel like Venky's, despite all their faults, will want to make sure the next Manager they pay their money to will be a sound investment and I think it'll be another decent Manager.

If this Pasha fella is the guy pulling the strings and the guy who appointed Lambert in the first place then it sounds like he's some sort of travelling Chairman.

It's not ideal but at least someone's actually there to hire a new Manager!

Surely they should have done that with each so called Manager they have appointed.

Personally I hope not. No reason really. I just remember my daughter saying how awkward he was when he was at Leeds and how hard it was to get interviews etc.

So we'd turn Grayson down because he isn't particularly media savvy or friendly?

Crikey gumboots that would be right at the bottom of my priorities and concerns. I think Grayson would be ideal and ticks all the boxes if they're looking for an ex player etc but I can't see why he'd want to come at present.

So we'd turn Grayson down because he isn't particularly media savvy or friendly?

Crikey gumboots that would be right at the bottom of my priorities and concerns. I think Grayson would be ideal and ticks all the boxes if they're looking for an ex player etc but I can't see why he'd want to come at present.

I'm not saying we shouldn't have him if he'd come. Just that I personally wouldn't choose him. I'm not appointing and have no influence whatsoever over who is appointed so my opinion of the guy doesn't matter. If he were daft enough to leave Preston for us, it still wouldn't change my mind about getting a season ticket, but I wouldn't not attend the occasional match just because he was in the dugout.

also have to admit to the very nasty part of my nature which means that if Chaddy says, we should be all over that or I hope it's true, I just automatically want the opposite. No offence meant to Chaddy but it's the effect his posts have on me. Most times I type that kind of response then delete before posting.

The only thing I feel positive about is knowing that Paul Ince won't get it. Everything else terrifies me. I mean Paul Jewell? Really? I think I'd rather have Garth Crooks!

Haha. Speaking of Garth, did anyone see his interview with Bristol Rovers new owner?

Garth: "Why not buy Bristol City?"

Owner: "Garth... behave!"

Nearly drowned in my brew! 😅

I'm more frightened than ever having read that.

No, Mr Cheston, with eight players out of contract we do not have plenty of time.

He sounds like he hasn't got a clue reading between the lines.

"They want a boss who will be willing to work within the rules of Financial Fair Play and the loss of parachute payments next season and one who has a track record of bringing youngsters on."

So there's no money.

By the way there are some people who have recently joined this thread who need to give their heads a wobble. The idea that Venkys wanted better than Lambert is ridiculous. Give the new guy more money? FFS.

By right man I assume they mean someone with no ambition for the club, prepared to fly to India and run other areas of the club without question. Someone who is so terrible no one else is going want to take him leaving our regal owners with the ordeal of having to find another patsy.

Unlike any other managerial job results are irrelevant and if your wife likes to go shopping with Mrs d then you can do whatever you like.

I genuinely DO NOT know this information. This is a gut feeling. BUT Venkys very rarely refuse to pay. The more time goes by, the more I'm beginning to believe they just fell out of love with Lambert. His points return was pretty shoddy and his constant whining for money won't have impressed...

Wouldn't surprise me at all if they a) go for another established (Lambert) type and B) give that manager some money to spend...

Like I say, just a gut feeling. Time will tell.

I read this last night and went to bed feeling a bit more positive but then I thought... Would Lambert be stupid enough to take a job with no assurances about future plans and expenditure? probably not.

Would Venly's be stupid enough to go to a lot of expense and effort to appoint a decent manager and then lose all interest and not communicate? probably.

Maybe Pasha is doing his best but when it comes down to it Venky's just don't care.

I hope I'm wrong

Also Mike Cheston will be discussing the Club's board structure, finances, owners and the future of players in tomorrow LT.

After reading today's article we seemed to want a manager who will bring through young players and work on a budget. So we should be looking at Holloway, Robinson, Chris Wilder and Keith Hill.

Its seems that the owners dont want to keep paying 20 million a season to cover the debt anymore

There is no money then, surprise.

that pees all over the Rhodes haters 'we will get better without him once we get the money'. Chaddy will be in meltdown ,all this money he said we would spend .

• Moderation Lead

Also Mike Cheston will be discussing the Club's board structure, finances, owners and the future of players in tomorrow LT.

After reading today's article we seemed to want a manager who will bring through young players and work on a budget. So we should be looking at Holloway, Robinson, Chris Wilder and Keith Hill.

Its seems that the owners dont want to keep paying 20 million a season to cover the debt anymore

Well, if they don't do the latter, we'll be in administration!

Archived