BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager

Next manager  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as the next manager?

• Jason Wilcox
    • Not Jason Wilcox
    • Grooby

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm led to believe it was done and dusted some 4 weeks ago.

He would be 1/100 if that were true. Bookies have sources too Mark. Regardless of what Lambert has said, the best price at the moment is Alan Irvine. If I were betting on the next Rovers manager that is where I would stick my money. Lambert thought he was getting the Celtic job and as Irvine is a Celtic man (unlike Lambert, which may surprise folk) he probably assumed he would go with him. Failing that, Irvine holds genuine affection for Rovers and would almost certainly take over if asked.

He would be 1/100 if that were true. Bookies have sources too Mark. Regardless of what Lambert has said, the best price at the moment is Alan Irvine. If I were betting on the next Rovers manager that is where I would stick my money. Lambert thought he was getting the Celtic job and as Irvine is a Celtic man (unlike Lambert, which may surprise folk) he probably assumed he would go with him. Failing that, Irvine holds genuine affection for Rovers and would almost certainly take over if asked.

Wednesday fans are splitting their sides at the thought of Irvine as our manager.

Have Sherwood or Holloway told you that they wont come to Rovers?

Also they walked out on Shebby?

That's a scraping the barrel post, chaddy.

It's like saying that Mourinho and Hiddink haven't ruled themselves out. :wacko:

Will Dunn ever want after his experiences at Oldham?

Davies should be on Shortlist.

I think Pasha'a shortlist will be

Ian Holloway

Uwe Rosler

Karl Robinson

Tim Sherwood

Or will Pasha now look overseas for next manager or will we adopt a Director of football/head coach structure?

Cant see them getting a director of football as we seem to be cutting down on directors at the club.

Just checked thesackrace.com - Jewell favourite at 13/8 now. Irvine 13th on the list at 20/1 (same as Moyes, Keane and MacKay)....

Will Dunn ever want after his experiences at Oldham?

Davies should be on Shortlist.

I think Pasha'a shortlist will be

Ian Holloway

Uwe Rosler

Karl Robinson

Tim Sherwood

Or will Pasha now look overseas for next manager or will we adopt a Director of football/head coach structure?

Pasha should be nowhere near Ewood

Just checked thesackrace.com - Jewell favourite at 13/8 now. Irvine 13th on the list at 20/1 (same as Moyes, Keane and MacKay)....

Get your money on Irvine then!! I think its fair to say that bookies odds are not always a reflection on reality (at the moment especially!)

Unless Venky's depart or they appoint a proper structure with authority then this thread is pretty pointless as any manager worth his salt won't work for these twohats

So we'll either appoint within on a tight budget or get someone desperate to get back in management as we hurtle to league one

Or the other scenario the directors left are in place ready-made for the administrators

Get your money on Irvine then!! I think its fair to say that bookies odds are not always a reflection on reality (at the moment especially!)

The bookies will have had a sniff that Jewell is a wanted man. But as we all know that can come from agents. I suspect the truth is they don't know what odds to give anyone. I mean how can you possibly quantify this when the only sure thing is the people who will appoint Mr X haven't got a clue themselves?

Personally speaking I think we could do worse than Robinson. He has basically worked the loan market his entire career. He can spot a player and will have learned his lessons (or some at least) at the expense of MK Dons this season. He wouldn't be my preferred choice. But I think we're long past that.

If anyone cares, my preferred choice in order is 1) Not Jason Wilcox 2) Jason Wilcox 3) Grooby.

Just a thought. Do we even need a manager especially bearing in mind they don't have 'full control of things'

Well let's be honest, since we've been fortunate enough to be owned by these rotters we've only had a manager for a total of about 6 months. When you think of it in those terms, just the one relegation isn't too bad really.

The managerial fill your pockets betting game getting played again no doubt. Spread betting patterns will be interesting across Asia.. Wonder if any bets got placed in London just before Lambert jacked ????

If the finance director is running things then it'll be the cheapest possible option.

I don't buy this this talk of juwell being pretty much a done deal, It just doesn't add up(even by venky standards) I just don't believe that Paul Juwell would be the number 1 target for any club in this league, he'd be a last resort choice for most clubs, i think theres just a lot of mischief making by the 'Friends of friends'(I wouldn't be suprised if some of these supposed 'friends' are connected to a bookies in some way and they're just trying to get some betting action going)

How do you know Mani? I thought your source left the club some time ago? Not having a pop - just asking.

One leaves, another joins...haha

Pasha should be nowhere near Ewood

Pasha appointed Lambert...

I genuinely DO NOT know this information. This is a gut feeling. BUT Venkys very rarely refuse to pay. The more time goes by, the more I'm beginning to believe they just fell out of love with Lambert. His points return was pretty shoddy and his constant whining for money won't have impressed...

Wouldn't surprise me at all if they a) go for another established (Lambert) type and B) give that manager some money to spend...

Like I say, just a gut feeling. Time will tell.

I genuinely DO NOT know this information. This is a gut feeling. BUT Venkys very rarely refuse to pay. The more time goes by, the more I'm beginning to believe they just fell out of love with Lambert. His points return was pretty shoddy and his constant whining for money won't have impressed...

Wouldn't surprise me at all if they a) go for another established (Lambert) type and B) give that manager some money to spend...

Like I say, just a gut feeling. Time will tell.

Yes, I have caught myself hoping for the same, God help me!

But I have got to focus on the pattern and that points to a Blackpool style start to the season with no players and the tea lady as manager!

I don't buy this this talk of juwell being pretty much a done deal, It just doesn't add up(even by venky standards) I just don't believe that Paul Juwell would be the number 1 target for any club in this league, he'd be a last resort choice for most clubs, i think theres just a lot of mischief making by the 'Friends of friends'(I wouldn't be suprised if some of these supposed 'friends' are connected to a bookies in some way and they're just trying to get some betting action going)

Yep we've been through this bull before many times now so we should be used to it. We are an easy target for those wishing to cash in on the clubs misery.

Also so many people have been in and out through the doors at Ewood that crap will be flying around for sure especially some with an axe to grind.

Archived