BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager

Next manager  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as the next manager?

• Jason Wilcox
    • Not Jason Wilcox
    • Grooby

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's a reason Paul Jewell is 13/8 favourite - there won't be a search for a manager as it's done and dusted.

A 13/8 dead cert? Wow, I think I'll go and put my house on that.

Lambert is favourite for the Celtic job but I'm pretty sure he won't be getting it, unless the two front runners turn it down and even then I'm not sure he'd be third in line.

Sherwood is something of a wild card. I'm not sure whether he's a good manager in the making or a disaster waiting to happen, but either way he would likely require proof of funding to consider the job.

I appreciate that the chances of any of the above happening are slim after what has gone on with Lambert, but if it were me those are the sort of names we should be looking at if we want to salvage anything going forward.

mmm ..... Sherwood - bailed once as a player and you would be looking to get him back ?

Decent names in the schemes of normality -but as you say and we all know we are not anywhere in the realms and as most of us keep stating it matters not who will be the ringmaster at the 'Circus de Ewood' with the loons still in charge.

Latest odds are:

Paul Jewell @ 13/8

David Dunn @ 3/1

Tim Sherwood @ 5/1

Ian Holloway & Neil Redfern @ 14/1

David Lowe, Malky Mackay, Alan Irvine, Alan Stubbs & Karl Robinson @ 16/1

Jewell and Sherwood's odds have shortened today, whilst Redfern, Lowe, Robinson and Irvine have drifted.

For betting purposes the only ones that can be taken seriously at this stage are the top 3. Odds of more than 10/1 in the next manager market are usually based on little more than speculation/invention and are usually just a bog standard list of names dragged up every time there is a vacancy.

Of those top 3 the only one I'd take seriously would be Sherwood, and I'd have reservations about his suitability for the job.

I'm still amazed at the Irvine odds. Given Venkys preference for going 'in house' and Irvine is in pole position once Lambert clears his desk.

Latest odds are:

Paul Jewell @ 13/8

David Dunn @ 3/1

Tim Sherwood @ 5/1

Jewell and Sherwood's odds have shortened today, whilst Redfern, Lowe, Robinson and Irvine have drifted.

For betting purposes the only ones that can be taken seriously at this stage are the top 3. Odds of more than 10/1 in the next manager market are usually based on little more than speculation/invention and are usually just a bog standard list of names dragged up every time there is a vacancy.

Of those top 3 the only one I'd take seriously would be Sherwood, and I'd have reservations about his suitability for the job.

I'm still amazed at the Irvine odds. Given Venkys preference for going 'in house' and Irvine is in pole position once Lambert clears his desk.

Didn't PL say that Irvine or Kelly wouldn't be stepping up ?

Latest odds are:

Paul Jewell @ 13/8

David Dunn @ 3/1

Tim Sherwood @ 5/1

That list just about sums up how far we have fallen under these owners. Paul Jewell for heaven's sake! I'd rather have Coleman and Bell but I doubt that they would leave Stanley for Rovers and that just about sums up the state the owners have got this club into.

That list just about sums up how far we have fallen under these owners. Paul Jewell for heaven's sake! I'd rather have Coleman and Bell but I doubt that they would leave Stanley for Rovers and that just about sums up the state the owners have got this club into.

When I first read that for some reason I read Cannon and Ball

Whilst at this stage its all rumour and speculation, its interesting to compare the favourites for the Rovers job to those favourite for the Bolton job. Remember one of the clubs has just dropped to League One in embarrassing fashion, almost gone bust this season, and have owners who don't seem to have much in the way of money to invest.

The 5 current favourites for Bolton are:

Uwe Rosler, Phil Brown, Gary Bowyer, Steve Cotterill and John Sheridan.

The 5 current favourites for Rovers are:

Paul Jewell, David Dunn, Tim Sherwood, Ian Holloway and Neil Redfearn.

Which club has just gone down and been close to going bust?

To be perfectly honest if we're shopping in a market containing Dunn, Jewell, Redfearn and Lowe then I'd go and find Gary Bowyer and drive him back to Ewood Park.

the bowyerettes are liking this

Doesn't matter who we get in until a proper UK based board with authority is in place nothing will improve

BTW whoever comes in will have to work miracles imo to keep us up

To be perfectly honest if we're shopping in a market containing Dunn, Jewell, Redfearn and Lowe then I'd go and find Gary Bowyer and drive him back to Ewood Park.

It all makes sense now.

Whilst at this stage its all rumour and speculation, its interesting to compare the favourites for the Rovers job to those favourite for the Bolton job. Remember one of the clubs has just dropped to League One in embarrassing fashion, almost gone bust this season, and have owners who don't seem to have much in the way of money to invest.

The 5 current favourites for Bolton are:

Uwe Rosler, Phil Brown, Gary Bowyer, Steve Cotterill and John Sheridan.

The 5 current favourites for Rovers are:

Paul Jewell, David Dunn, Tim Sherwood, Ian Holloway and Neil Redfearn.

Which club has just gone down and been close to going bust?

Not sure what your point is, they both look depressing to me.

Not sure what your point is, they both look depressing to me.

Both depressing, but I'd have Rosler, Bowyer or Sheridan any day of the week over Jewell, Dunn or Redfearn.

My point being that despite all their problems and relegation the calibre of manager linked to the Bolton job is at least as good if not better than those linked with Rovers. Sums up what a mess this club is and how poor quality the people being linked with the job are when a penniless League One outfit are looking at better options than we are.

If as expected there's more cutbacks, sales etc then look no further than Steve Cotterill for me. Did a decent job at Brizzle in getting them up and has fire fighting experience, because that is likely to be the job. Forget bringing Bowyer back he's not hard line enough for that and has proved useless with free transfers and bringing through youth. His strength was spending a couple of hundred grand here and there and persisting with them in the team in order to increase their experience and value whether they were performing or not and inspite of sometimes leaving out better options.

This time around it's going to call for a bit more savvy than that I reckon as it's going to be all about survival. Names like Sherwood, Holloway etc are all well and good but they'll do jack all with our lot unless there is a budget of a decent size.

As for Jewell or Redfearn that would be Venkys surpassing themselves in the realms of stupidity.

How long until Steve Keans name appears on the bookies... He's apparently good with youth and got on well with the owners 😄

Tin hat time

How long until Steve Keans name appears on the bookies... He's apparently good with youth and got on well with the owners 😄

Tin hat time

He United the fan base at least.

Against him.

How long until Steve Keans name appears on the bookies... He's apparently good with youth and got on well with the owners

Tin hat time

He's the very reason they ended up so confused in the first place. I'd like to think he's hiding where he is because he's genuine fears for his well being if he leaves there !

Archived