BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager

Next manager  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as the next manager?

• Jason Wilcox
    • Not Jason Wilcox
    • Grooby

• Backroom

Brilliant effort Kamy and Perthblue

At this point anyone willing to go out and try something deserves plaudits.

Let's be honest it should have always been that way but the division in the fan base made that not the case.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's be honest it should have always been that way but the division in the fan base made that not the case.

They can hardly prevent people writing. Of course the divisions (though lets say some people had a little bit of "sweetening" and unfortunately they may be the type younger fans look up to) were not really expected as you wouldn't expect anyone to be so stupid as to defend them over and over again.

Still I probably wouldn't have mentioned this publicly considering the abuse you have received yourself in the past. Glen Mullan another victim of course and that's where the "sweetening incentives" reference becomes very relevant. After all who can people criticise if they don't know for sure who's behind it?

Now there's an idea...

The split in the fanbase is a symptom of the Venky disease and it is a problem that can be overcome.It just requires leadership and something to believe in, really.

I think the one and only reason Venkys Xpress didn't take off as planned was relegation. From some on V's side I think that was a big reason for their stake in the club and no doubt the club would have been paying for setting it up as well besides being the marketing tool for it.

Another 20 million reasons why should hate dastardly and mutley, wrecking clubs and business ideas since 2010.

I think the one and only reason Venkys Xpress didn't take off as planned was relegation. From some on V's side I think that was a big reason for their stake in the club and no doubt the club would have been paying for setting it up as well besides being the marketing tool for it.

Another 20 million reasons why should hate dastardly and mutley, wrecking clubs and business ideas since 2010.

...and perhaps because they intended the first outlet to be at Ewood.

This is the article that Binoy did previously: http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2012-01-22/news/30651031_1_blackburn-rovers-anuradha-desai-jack-walker-trust

I am also led to believe that a different Indian journo is working on something and it is likely to hit within the next 7 to 10 days, he has approached a number of people to get some background information about the mismanagement of the club and to get viewpoints of fans on what they feel about Venky's. So there is lots happening in India at the moment.

With the help of perthblue I have managed to identify all of the major Venky's shareholders, I am writing to them to tell them about they told damage that the Venky's family have done to Venky's brand in the uk, pointing out that the fried chicken market is worth billions in the uk and it is a market that Venky's through Venky's express have never been able to enter due to the damage done to Venky's brand by their mismanagement of Blackburn rovers therefore potentially costing them hundreds of millions. The hope is that we can exploit the tensions between the family and major shareholders to exert some internal pressure on the family.

Well done Kamy and perthblue. If you need any help with anything please ask.

The Venky Xpress Stadium without a doubt.

They could call it what they want as far as I am concerned - so long as it resulted in us being a respected, top six Premier League side. As it stands, we are looking very likely to be League One in 2017.

They could call it what they want as far as I am concerned - so long as it resulted in us being a respected, top six Premier League side. As it stands, we are looking very likely to be League One in 2017.

If they'd had the right project partners it might have worked ok but other agendas all around soon developed. Seeing as they've moved into supplements now we may well end up 'The Venky Egg White Protein Shake Stadium'. Fans pre match loading rituals will take on a whole new culture... :rover:

If they'd had the right project partners it might have worked ok but other agendas all around soon developed. Seeing as they've moved into supplements now we may well end up 'The Venky Egg White Protein Shake Stadium'. Fans pre match loading rituals will take on a whole new culture...

Considering the reduction in budget (plus of course FUP) you would have thought finding a stadium sponsor would be one of their priorities. The club might have no choice but to turn to such measures soon whoever the owner is. Of course whatever they do financially hasn't got the slightest ounce of logic.

Managed to get a decent shirt sponsorship with Dafabet (something right for once) but Biggar left for a "position in New York" as Wheelock puts it. Saying WWE I guess would be an affront to his dignity.

This is the article that Binoy did previously: http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2012-01-22/news/30651031_1_blackburn-rovers-anuradha-desai-jack-walker-trust

I am also led to believe that a different Indian journo is working on something and it is likely to hit within the next 7 to 10 days, he has approached a number of people to get some background information about the mismanagement of the club and to get viewpoints of fans on what they feel about Venky's. So there is lots happening in India at the moment.

With the help of perthblue I have managed to identify all of the major Venky's shareholders, I am writing to them to tell them about they told damage that the Venky's family have done to Venky's brand in the uk, pointing out that the fried chicken market is worth billions in the uk and it is a market that Venky's through Venky's express have never been able to enter due to the damage done to Venky's brand by their mismanagement of Blackburn rovers therefore potentially costing them hundreds of millions. The hope is that we can exploit the tensions between the family and major shareholders to exert some internal pressure on the family.

Excellent idea, Kamy. If you need any help just ask.

Just to answer my earlier question to Kamy (who's also on twitter) when I asked why he changed his mind. His view on the shareholders hasn't changed as far as India but what he hadn't thought about was the UK impact. These letters will be aimed mostly at their brand worth in the UK hence the failure to open outlets. Goodness knows why they even bother to have advertising boards at the moment the brand is utterly worthless here.

Their recent losses in the Indian market aren't considered to be down to Rovers but this certainly won't improve their mood!

Just to answer my earlier question to Kamy when I asked why he changed his mind. His view on the shareholders hasn't changed as far as India but what he hadn't thought about was the UK impact. These letters will be aimed mostly at their brand worth in the UK. Goodness knows why they even bother to have advertising boards at the moment.

Because they cannot sell them elsewhere to local advertisers.

Because they cannot sell them elsewhere to local advertisers.

Well yes that's part of it but they haven't covered every spare advertising space. The JW fascia for instance (on the DE side) even though I suggested running a competition or giving the space to a charity. Guess Myers understandably had other stuff on his mind.

OK back to new manager. Alan Nixon...yes ALAN NIXON spoke to Jewell over 3 days ago. Jewell said he isn't interested and Nixon did not think he was lying. He can probably tell having been a journalist for almost 40 years who's bluffing.

Jewell is still the favorite. If you want to waste your money bet on him unless Nixon's creating a story by completely ruling someone out who isn't wanted here by fans anyway? :rolleyes:

Just to answer my earlier question to Kamy (who's also on twitter) when I asked why he changed his mind. His view on the shareholders hasn't changed as far as India but what he hadn't thought about was the UK impact. These letters will be aimed mostly at their brand worth in the UK hence the failure to open outlets. Goodness knows why they even bother to have advertising boards at the moment the brand is utterly worthless here.

Their recent losses in the Indian market aren't considered to be down to Rovers but this certainly won't improve their mood!

You really don't have to start answering your own questions as well. You have enough on your plate answering every single other post - even those not directed at you. :wacko:

You're going to end up making yourself ill.

Archived