BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager

Next manager  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as the next manager?

• Jason Wilcox
    • Not Jason Wilcox
    • Grooby

If you dont link dont read it..nobody is forcing you to do so!!!

He was spot on that Lambert would go. Also was spot on that we would appoint Lambert after Bowyer was sacked

Don't read it ? How can we not miss it . Your hero worship and love of a fat Scottish hack is weird and strange .

Nicko spot on 50 million times of we gems

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A month wasted. Our relegation rivals next year will all be busy planning. Meanwhile our prep will be on hold. Half the squad will leave and be sorting out their futures elsewhere.

We are run by imbeciles but some still want to blame Lambert. It's one thing feeling like he has abandoned us and feeling bitter but let's not pretend that it's a problem of his making.

They are making sure that they make right appointment (for them not the club).

I wonder what the odds are of them appointing someone a day before the season begins so they can pay less wages and don't have to sign anyone. They've never had to appoint someone outside of a season before.

A month wasted. Our relegation rivals next year will all be busy planning. Meanwhile our prep will be on hold. Half the squad will leave and be sorting out their futures elsewhere.

We are run by imbeciles but some still want to blame Lambert. It's one thing feeling like he has abandoned us and feeling bitter but let's not pretend that it's a problem of his making.

just a month.. personally the last few years have been a complete waste... :(

Seems to me since they took over it is one step forward 10 steps back.. I would not be surprised if this step backwards puts us over the edge of a rather big cliff... been one of the more optimistic people here on this forum and I am pretty much done until the fools frack off back to their little hole and sell the club.

Moyes stuff was more likely leaks done to speed up moves to other 'bigger' clubs.. living in Norfolk the Norwich guys have followed Blackburn for a long while with allot of links between the club.. Lambert being the latest of a long chain including the likes of Sutton and Sherwood.. it is interesting hearing their opinions, there is allot of support and sympathy towards us Rovers fans even given the fact they do not like how Lambert left.

Lambert left because there was no plan/money that much is clear, all incoming managers will now be well aware of this so odds on a decent manager are slim to non existent, we have no one to do the hiring, we have half a squad on the way out in one match and no cash to bring in the new players.

It was mentioned to me yesterday that Venkys will see the monthly balance sheet without Lamberts wages included and see that as a positive!

They simply have no interest in this football club and the bottom line is all they're interested in.

Don't buy it myself but with the 3 of them sharing 1 brain cell it could have some truth to it.

• Backroom

Won't be too concerned if it takes a month

Whilst we want a man in to make plans nothing will happen whilst the Euros are on

Exactly Stuart.

We need a quick appointment as per usual they take ages deciding.

We need to be lining players up this month to sign this summer.

We need to sign 10 new signings plus

Which manager in their right mind, would touch us in a month's time when we have a squad of about 12 players?!

No manager aware of the full picture would come anywhere near this shambles of a football club full stop Gavlar.

I wonder what the odds are of them appointing someone a day before the season begins so they can pay less wages and don't have to sign anyone. They've never had to appoint someone outside of a season before.

If it weren't so plausible I'd laugh. You can just imagine the ad in the Pune Star.

Position Vacant:

Very nice man wanted to run footiball club

Lots of overseas travel

Good head of hair or dog not essential

6 month contract starting 13th August 2016

No experience necessary

Apply: noresponse@venkys.com

Many of us are hoping there is a lot going on behind closed doors. Let's not forget this is Venkys and it could be some time.

A month to appoint a replacement - as player contracts run down, opponents make plans, and more of the life is squeezed out of the club.

I hate what they are doing to our club.

Awful times. It would be kinder to us to just close the club down.

Many of us are hoping there is a lot going on behind closed doors. Let's not forget this is Venkys and it could be some time.

The doors may be closed but the real problem is that there is no one the other side of them .... the room is empty.. :unsure:

If it weren't so plausible I'd laugh. You can just imagine the ad in the Pune Star.

Position Vacant:

Very nice man wanted to run footiball club

Lots of overseas travel

Good head of hair or dog not essential

6 month contract starting 13th August 2016

No experience necessary

Apply: noresponse@venkys.com

You missed the most important bit

Applications will not be looked at until June 1st (end of the IPL cricket season)

A new manager and no board is a pointless exercise.

The chances off getting a new board before a manager - Zero

The chances of getting a new board at all - Zero

Venkys must go, or fans are wasting good money, valuable time and effort for the foreseeable future.

If you dont link dont read it..nobody is forcing you to do so!!!

He was spot on that Lambert would go cos he wasnt going to back money wise. Also was spot on that we would appoint Lambert after Bowyer was sacked

Correct

If Lambert's departure had come completely out of the blue and taken Venkys by complete surprise then I suppose it would be justified and understandable for them to need to take their time to gather their thoughts and think about who to go for next. A month to conduct a search isn't necessarily a problem, especially when Lambert will still be in charge for a week more. At a normal club being managerless for a month between May and June is frequent, with the remaining coaches looking after training schedules and the board handling arrangements for the upcoming season.

None of those apply to this club. The manager has more responsibility here than at other clubs. We don't have a board who can sort things out in the interim. We've got 15 players on their way out in the summer. We need a complete rebuild on a limited budget and to do that we need the staff in place to oversee it. The likes of Rotherham, Huddersfield and Bristol City are already busy working away preparing for next season.

Lambert's regular warnings in his comments to the press and having the safety net of a break clause in his contract mean that Venkys or their adviser ought to have been aware for weeks if not months that they might have to find a new manager soon. So if the search is only commencing now and is expected to take a month to conclude before appointing some bog standard local journeyman then that sums up how inept they are.

Who exactly is going to look for a new manager?

Who's going to interview?

Who's going to negotiate a contract/release clause/wage?

I wonder if they'll ask 'old friends' to help out with the appointment :angry2:

Archived