BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager

Next manager  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as the next manager?

• Jason Wilcox
    • Not Jason Wilcox
    • Grooby

Moyes isn't going to be our new manager. Does anyone seriously think that he would have looked at what happened to Lambert and thought "I'll have some of that"? Ridiculous. He won't be short of offers and ours would be the last one he would take.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Moyes isn't going to be our new manager. Does anyone seriously think that he would have looked at what happened to Lambert and thought "I'll have some of that"? Ridiculous. He won't be short of offers and ours would be the last one he would take.

To be fair , money for old rope at Rovers I'm sure his brother as let him know how generous Rovers are , as well as his old shelving mate, so the phrase I'll have some of that, might be the exact phrase. Better than living off your savings if you can get some idiots to top it up with no expectations whatsoever.]

Being appointed Rovers manager and failing is not seen as a bad thing in the media whilst the loons have been here, better option than sat twiddling your thumbs waiting for something else coming.

Once back in the spotlight easier to move on or on the rare chance that you can turn Rovers fortunes round, your stock will be on the rise

I'll give it stab in the dark... Perhaps he's currently out of work, has no other offers, lives in the Ribble Valley and fancies working with his old assistant manager who is currently in post at a championship club based in the Ribble valley who pay very well and currently need a manager. Just a thought...

Also, people only need look at the Neill thread to figure out that when you earn lots of money, when it stops coming in, bills still need paying because it won't last forever.

In the eyes of the Premier League clubs, when they sack their managers, the likes of Pochettino, Howe, Ranieri, Bilic etc are much more likely targets than Moyes. The game moves on and there are only x amount of jobs for xxxx amount of managers. You can't be picky forever.

I'm not suggesting he'd come here but I am going to question what expectations do fans have for a prospective manager?

Do we need a trophy - laden manager? No.

Do we need a media personality? No.

Do we need a solid, experienced manager, a steady - Eddie with connections with teams with good youth players and large squads - absolutely.

We need promotion. Most likely on a tight budget where loaned players and freebies will make up the team. We don't need a rookie and we need someone thick - skinned. It's not going to be easy.

Forget about promotion, it's survival next season we need

Also, people only need look at the Neill thread to figure out that when you earn lots of money, when it stops coming in, bills still need paying because it won't last forever.

In the eyes of the Premier League clubs, when they sack their managers, the likes of Pochettino, Howe, Ranieri, Bilic etc are much more likely targets than Moyes. The game moves on and there are only x amount of jobs for xxxx amount of managers. You can't be picky forever.

I know you're desperate for a decent appointment Pedro, we all are, but come on pal, David Moyes who was last season buying 2 players for £70m? coming to Ewood where his mate has just walked out due to having no support from the owners?

As cup of beans has said, the dots just don't join up and with respect to Mani, if Moyes told him that he was pulling his leg. And to think Venkys approached Moyes less than 24hrs after Lambert announced he was leaving :lol:

We had the Benitez rumors started by Nixon after Appleton, absolute pie in the sky, this is even more ludicrous in my opinion.

I was wrong about getting a decent calibre manager last time around, but I'm willing to go out on a limb again:

ABSOLUTELY NO CHANCE :tu:

Maybe Venkys/Pasha have know for a few weeks that Lambert was going so have been looking at replacements for him since then. Before Last weekend Pasha was in India so surely he was talking to the owners about a replacement.

we don't know what the budget is for next season, all we know that the owners wouldn't back Lambert's plans which according to Alan Nixon was 15-20 mil plus wages for those signings. could it be that the budget will be around 5 mil plus wages?

I know you're desperate for a decent appointment Pedro, we all are, but come on pal, David Moyes who was last season buying 2 players for £70m? coming to Ewood where his mate has just walked out due to having no support from the owners?

As cup of beans has said, the dots just don't join up and with respect to Mani, if Moyes told him that he was pulling his leg. And to think Venkys approached Moyes less than 24hrs after Lambert announced he was leaving :lol:

We had the Benitez rumors started by Nixon after Appleton, absolute pie in the sky, this is even more ludicrous in my opinion.

I was wrong about getting a decent calibre manager last time around, but I'm willing to go out on a limb again:

ABSOLUTELY NO CHANCE :tu:

I have clearly stated that I don't think he will come Gav. My issue is with any fan not 'rating' him - they have the highest of expectations. I don't have any desperation for a decent manager as I am done with the show now and will be spending Saturdays on the golf course ☺

In the past Moyes has made noises about considering going to Leeds (who also have guano owners), it's no difference to what he has told Mani.

Has anyone seen anything in the paper today?

Nixon not got any tall tails to tell like the £50m war chest? or Benitez taking over from Appleton :lol:

Has anyone seen anything in the paper today?

Nixon not got any tall tails to tell like the £50m war chest? or Benitez taking over from Appleton :lol:

11 o'clocker tonight, "Wilcox's Warchest"

I think we know what the budget is..zero, zip, nada... We might sell one of our few saleable players and get some money through that but don't be expecting a warchest. And I don't expect an appointment for another couple of months at least. In their eyes, why would they pay a manager during close season when they don't have to.

Maybe Venkys/Pasha have know for a few weeks that Lambert was going so have been looking at replacements for him since then. Before Last weekend Pasha was in India so surely he was talking to the owners about a replacement.

That's how a normal club would operate so you would hope you are right. But would it really be a surprise to find out that they have been too busy/uninterested to talk to Pasha and agree anything. Of course not.

Unless it's an appointment from within, I don't expect any new manager until July here. If we do by some miracle appoint someone half decent within the next couple of weeks, I will lobby to get Pasha a work permit myself.

From Nixon

Blackburn. Being told new boss appointment may take a month. #igiveup

Arghhhhh stop posting the lard arse Scottish hack.. Get it through your head he's a useless know nowt rovers hating pillock

Arghhhhh stop posting the lard arse Scottish hack.. Get it through your head he's a useless know nowt rovers hating pillock

If you dont link dont read it..nobody is forcing you to do so!!!

He was spot on that Lambert would go cos he wasnt going to back money wise. Also was spot on that we would appoint Lambert after Bowyer was sacked

From Nixon

Blackburn. Being told new boss appointment may take a month. #igiveup

Nixon backing the obvious again.

Has he posted he thinks Leicester will win the league yet?

Archived