BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager

Next manager  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as the next manager?

• Jason Wilcox
    • Not Jason Wilcox
    • Grooby

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderation Lead

Whoever we get, they'll be ill-equipped puppets. Funny someone mentioned Donald Duck above, the latter part of his name rhymes with what we are.....

They are in legal action with Kentaro and Kean sued himself after Singh got him out.

Its just a stupid name from a betting site. Odds mean nothing already saying nobody will be longer than 1000/1 for Premier League title next season. Bookies do what they believe will make them a profit. People who don't know what's going on probably bet on people like O'Neill all the time whenever a job comes up. I assume so as can't see why he's on the list otherwise.

I suspect that it will be Irvine with Kelly as his assistant. Johnson and Dunny might step up to coaching roles with the first team, with Billy Barr moving up to the Under-21's and Mike Sheron moving up to the Under-18's. That way you are only looking to replace an Under-16 coach (Sheron). It's the option that costs the least.

They are in legal action with Kentaro and Kean sued himself after Singh got him out.

Its just a stupid name from a betting site. Odds mean nothing already saying nobody will be longer than 1000/1 for Premier League title next season. Bookies do what they believe will make them a profit. People who don't know what's going on probably bet on people like O'Neill all the time whenever a job comes up. I assume so as can't see why he's on the list otherwise.

manager markets are also changed very quickly. If I went in and put 10 pounds on a certain person, you did the same and someone else did the same, that persons odds would drop dramatically

manager markets are also changed very quickly. If I went in and put 10 pounds on a certain person, you did the same and someone else did the same, that persons odds would drop dramatically

Yeah I placed a big bet (well not 3 figures but more than £10 and yes I did research) on a 50/1 shot few weeks ago and after that it dropped to 33/1.

I suspect that it will be Irvine with Kelly as his assistant. Johnson and Dunny might step up to coaching roles with the first team, with Billy Barr moving up to the Under-21's and Mike Sheron moving up to the Under-18's. That way you are only looking to replace an Under-16 coach (Sheron). It's the option that costs the least.

in the short term, but what will that cost us in terms of relegation (almost a certainty) lack of revenue, lack of St renewals etc. The apparently cheap option is not necessarily the real cheap option

Never was the sharpest............

To be honest i just put Keans name in there as Dunny seemed quite pally with him.

Precisely. Exhibit A Paul Lambert, whose odds have gone from 25/1 to 8/11 to be Celtic's manager on the first day of next season, based on a lot of bets from Rovers fans (folk plastering their betting slips all over Facebook!) and his announcement today.

in the short term, but what will that cost us in terms of relegation (almost a certainty) lack of revenue, lack of St renewals etc. The apparently cheap option is not necessarily the real cheap option

I've yet to meet anyone who doesn't think we will be relegated next season. The bottom line is that we are returning to the days of 5,000 or so gates and I doubt any managerial appointment is going to change that. It reminds me very much of the late 60s/early 70s and has the same feeling of inevitable decline about it.

Archived