BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager

Next manager  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as the next manager?

• Jason Wilcox
    • Not Jason Wilcox
    • Grooby

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah just a coincidence he never got injured before his precious fixture isn't it? :rolleyes: I don't care who he scored against that isn't legend status for me.

He did a little bit more than that for us. Anyway, don't want to derail the thread.

This mob could appoint the tea lady.

Who would be in your top 5 then?

Put the booze away.

Mark Hughes

Simon Grayson

Chris Coleman

Keith Hill

Craig Hignett.

I'd also rather tempt Flitty back to management than Wilcox.

And I've still got a couple of bottles in the fridge for tonight thank you very much.

No because he's in a role where he's well reagarded. If it had been Arsenal, Chelsea, etc I would say same. Always regarded Wilcox very highly.

Plus since its obvious what you're insinuating why would I want him to leave for Rovers if that was the case?

Because someone who can handle the press would be better. All I said otherwise is I consider Wilcox the best ex Rovers player option.

So you want someone who has never managed a club ahead of someone like Grayson? Newell? Sherwood?

If you look at this with Venky's logic. Johnson has got us to a few youth cup finals so it's his job, Dunny to have a role.

speedie, I thought of that but wasnt sure if she was still there

She is filling in at the moment in the MD role. She could easily step up to the gaffer's role.

We can start the next manager search with candidates who would crawl over broken glass to be given the chance to manage a Championship football club knowing that they would never get the opportunity at another club at this size or at a club with fit and proper owners.

Step forward League Two managers, coaches, and the likes, people who will take whatever Venkys throw at them and gratefully accept it without rocking the boat.

I have a lot of respect for Paul Lambert for the decision he has made and I'm embarrassed that these owners have attempted to mess him about like they have with countless other employees over the last 6 years. They got more than they bargained for. Allardyce wouldn't put up with their way of doing things, and nor would Lambert.

If the budget is being cut then it makes the managerial appointment even more important, as it would make sense to recruit someone with extensive experience of this level and working in difficult conditions or on limited budgets with success, not taking a leap into the unknown with some rookie who has never worked at this level.

Going for someone like Neil Warnock, Steve Evans, Billy Davies would be the right solution - no nonsense football people who know the league like the back of their hands and have successful track records at similar sized clubs.

Someone mentioned Mick McCarthy - the rumours are he's off from Ipswich in the summer. He'd be a perfect fit for this football club but another who wouldn't put up with this sham. He's better than that.

I feel sick to the pit of my stomach at this football club. I'm embarrassed, ashamed, disgusted, and fully expect a swift collapse into League One and then League Two in the coming seasons.

An interesting point about Alan Irvine and Rob Kelly. The Lancs Telegraph reports that neither have release clauses in their deals and so are likely to remain for the summer and beyond, yet Lambert doesn't expect them to take up the job as manager and assistant (this could be because he's spoken to them and they aren't interested, or because he knows a new manager is imminent). If a new manager is imminent is he going to work with Irvine and Kelly? If so that would suggest a Johnson or Dunn working alongside the experienced duo. An experienced manager would want his own team and that would mean paying off Irvine and Kelly - unlikely if cuts are on the agenda.

here is the Sky Bet next Rovers manager odds

top 5 is Dunn, Sherwood, Bowyer, Jewell and Irvine

https://www.skybet.com/football/specials/manager-specials

why Jewell even on the list?

No point even considering those odds. This afternoon they had Martin O'Neill, David Moyes and Nigel Pearson as favourites!

Its a constantly moving feast and will change by the day until a new man arrives. Although at least Paul Jewell has proven himself as a manager in this league, more than can be said of some of the supposed candidates who are only there because they used to play for the club (since when that became the most important factor in a managerial appointment i don't know).

An interesting point about Alan Irvine and Rob Kelly. The Lancs Telegraph reports that neither have release clauses in their deals and so are likely to remain for the summer and beyond, yet Lambert doesn't expect them to take up the job as manager and assistant (this could be because he's spoken to them and they aren't interested, or because he knows a new manager is imminent). If a new manager is imminent is he going to work with Irvine and Kelly? If so that would suggest a Johnson or Dunn working alongside the experienced duo. An experienced manager would want his own team and that would mean paying off Irvine and Kelly - unlikely if cuts are on the agenda.

If it does end up being Dunn or Johnson, I'd rather Kelly and Irvine ARE there.

No point even considering those odds. This afternoon they had Martin O'Neill, David Moyes and Nigel Pearson as favourites!

Its a constantly moving feast and will change by the day until a new man arrives. Although at least Paul Jewell has proven himself as a manager in this league, more than can be said of some of the supposed candidates who are only there because they used to play for the club (since when that became the most important factor in a managerial appointment i don't know).

Since these idiots arrived. They know nowt and like to employ those they know so they think we will like it too

Wilcox is doing well at City. why would he come to work for Venkys?

Good question but he cares for this club a great deal. That's the only chance.

Mark Hughes

Simon Grayson

Chris Coleman

Keith Hill

Craig Hignett.

I'd also rather tempt Flitty back to management than Wilcox.

And I've still got a couple of bottles in the fridge for tonight thank you very much.

The Coleman who suggested relegation teflon man appoint Kean? Thanks Chris!.

Why do you rank the others above Wilcox. I would say being at Man City youth is better than some League 2 side. Patrick Vieira joined New York City FC not long ago after coaching at Academy level. Now Wilcox hasn't been touted as future MCFC first team manager unlike Vieira but still...they don't appoint just anyone with all the money in that Academy setup. He's there for a reason.

Good question but he cares for this club a great deal. That's the only chance.

The Coleman who suggested relegation teflon man appoint Kean? Thanks Chris!.

Why do you rank the others above Wilcox. I would say being at Man City youth is better than some League 2 side. Patrick Vieira joined New York City FC not long ago after coaching at Academy level. Now Wilcox hasn't been touted as future MCFC first team manager unlike Vieira but still...they don't appoint just anyone with all the money in that Academy setup. He's there for a reason.

If I was gambling, I'd rather back someone who has achieved something as a manager than as a coach. Remember Harford / Kidd ?

Besides a quick google search for Patrick Viera shows he's having a shocker at NYCFC at the moment.

Archived