BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager

Next manager  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as the next manager?

• Jason Wilcox
    • Not Jason Wilcox
    • Grooby

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's fruitless to think of what direction they will go in when appointing a new manager with owners has inept as ours

Look at who they have appointed

1) a "highly regarded coach" from within - Failed

2) a former "Rovers player/legend" - Failed

3) a "manager used to difficult circumstances" from lower leagues. - Failed

4) the academy coach with "Rovers at heart " - Failed

5) the established "proper manager" - Failed/walked out (whatever)

Whoever is manager will fail

Why?

I still think Shebby is pulling the strings at Ewood and he openly rates McKinlay, add to this the line that someone with a link to club is preferable and I think McKinlay was involved with SEM (?), it doesn't seem so daft. He's not exactly pulling up trees in Norway, though it's early days but his Watford record is 50%...from two games...but Madam doesn't need to know the finer print. I still believe it will be Dunn if Irvine doesn't take it. Not my choice at all but not sure I really care.

I think there are only two types of manager who would be seriously interested. Either and brand new, young shiny manager who thinks he can do the job or a desperado type who has had plenty of clubs, some success and some failures. The latter is usually a more of a mercenary type driven by money.

A Lambert type of manager who has a good reputation in the game will surely not touch this job with a bargepole.

If a new manager coming in prevents us from getting relegated next season, he would be an good one, if he takes us mid table, he would have done an excellent job, and anywhere close to the playoffs and he would have the term a "miracle worker" on his CV

If a new manager coming in prevents us from getting relegated next season, he would be an good one, if he takes us mid table, he would have done an excellent job, and anywhere close to the playoffs and he would have the term a "miracle worker" on his CV

Totally agree.

At this point in time, avoiding relegation next season is going to be the primary aim, which is absolutely tragic for a team like Rovers.

Anyone coming to Rovers would be an idiot. I can only see us getting either someone totally discredited or someone who just wants a final few quid before they retire.

Big Ron

Steve Keam

Malky Mackay

Malcolm Allson (oh he died didn't he)

Dave Bassett

Fred Bassett

Mike Bassett

Take your pick.

To be honest someone like Malky Mackay would probably be the best standard we could aim for. Tarnished reputation but undoubtedly a bright young manager who has won promotion and worked in the Premier League.

Certainly is better qualified for the role than people like Ainsworth, Hill, Dunn etc. who would be nowhere near the running for any other Championship job and wouldn't be on here if they didn't have links to the club.

Have a sneaky feeling we'd go for Holloway or Mackay.

And, if the reports of Lambert walking out because he was promised only 6m are true, I don't get it. 6m plus cash generated through summer sales is more than decent at this level no?

I would be happy with Holloway as manager tbh.

6 mil I think could bring in some quality players but we do need 10 new players at least. Just got to manage it.

As irvine / Kelly don't have any 'get out clauses' in their contracts and Dunn is already at the club - therefore the cheapish option.

To sack either would cost money - like it or not - I think the next management team is already at the club.

Can't see the point of all this tbh. I doubt the choice will be a sensible one. I think Venkys will go back to their tried, tested and failed method of promoting from within.

Doesn't matter who the manager is, he could not posssibly succeed with Venkys as owners.

To be honest I think there are a few things to take away from this. When reading the interviews as to what has happened it has never been mentioned that Venky's have actually said "No" to backing Paul Lambert it just seems like Suhail Pasha wasn't able to come up with an answer which meant Lambert lost his patience and decided to quit.

The most important thing for me to take away is while I rate Lambert there are a few underlining factors. The constant moaning never helped anyone. Results and performances haven't improved really. To me looking from the outside if he wanted to be back then he needs to be able that there has changes that are working from his regime. Yet he wasn't able to do that as of yet. People will point to saying he never had the time, but even if he didn't you expect to see some small changes in place.

This summer is huge for us on and off the field. We have some good news with Williamson, Brown, Delfouneso, Eastwood, Taylor. Need to sell off Guthrie, O'Sullivan.

For the new manager I think there is a good market for managers at the moment with Sherwood, Makay, Pearson, I would also consider looking at Grayson. More importantly a board needs to be put back in place.

There is still a good foundation in the team with Steele, Hanley, Duffy, Lowe, Evans, Akpan, Conway, Mahoney, Lennihan, Bennett. The team shouldn't be discouraged too much, I am not expecting a huge backing from the owners but there are some nice deals to be made out there.

They'll go back down the cheap yes man route. They've now tried a proper manager for the first time who spoke his mind and obviously wouldn't toe the line if required. It'll have given them cold feet again for sure, not that I think they ever had any intention of backing him anyway.

They took a gamble and prayed for a miracle, it didn't work so back to square one we all go. tossers.

To be honest I think there are a few things to take away from this. When reading the interviews as to what has happened it has never been mentioned that Venky's have actually said "No" to backing Paul Lambert it just seems like Suhail Pasha wasn't able to come up with an answer which meant Lambert lost his patience and decided to quit.

The most important thing for me to take away is while I rate Lambert there are a few underlining factors. The constant moaning never helped anyone. Results and performances haven't improved really. To me looking from the outside if he wanted to be back then he needs to be able that there has changes that are working from his regime. Yet he wasn't able to do that as of yet. People will point to saying he never had the time, but even if he didn't you expect to see some small changes in place.

This summer is huge for us on and off the field. We have some good news with Williamson, Brown, Delfouneso, Eastwood, Taylor. Need to sell off Guthrie, O'Sullivan.

For the new manager I think there is a good market for managers at the moment with Sherwood, Makay, Pearson, I would also consider looking at Grayson. More importantly a board needs to be put back in place.

There is still a good foundation in the team with Steele, Hanley, Duffy, Lowe, Evans, Akpan, Conway, Mahoney, Lennihan, Bennett. The team shouldn't be discouraged too much, I am not expecting a huge backing from the owners but there are some nice deals to be made out there.

Lambert's constant moaning merely highlighted the problems at the club. It was the only way he could try and get answers from the owners. He wasn't happy with the way the club was run and wanted it to change. Rather than just put up with it he wanted to do something about it. Fair enough.

Results and performances are irrelevant at this stage. Lambert isn't leaving because results haven't been good enough. He isn't being sacked or mutually parting company. He's leaving because he has zero faith in the owners or club going forward. He doesn't want his name to be associated with what is on its way. He's getting out now with his reputation still intact and is willing to give up what should be a good job and a good income because he's not prepared to go through the motions with these people.

Well done Paul Lambert. You put your neck on the line, you gave it a go, you wanted to be successful here, but the club has failed to deliver its side of the bargain.

Lambert will be on Match of the Day again a long time before Blackburn Rovers are.

At least we don't have Shabby and Shaw each appointing their own managers which is what we had three seasons ago...

It still wouldn't be a surprise to see next season follow a similar pattern of that season. Kinder probably stepping in by March to try and save us......

Where have those rumours come from roversoutsider?

On here.

Archived