BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager

Next manager  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as the next manager?

• Jason Wilcox
    • Not Jason Wilcox
    • Grooby

Brown and Jackson being out of contract isn't a big deal. If anything, it's a good thing. It frees up wages.

Personally I'd be looking at some players such as Roofe, Bradshaw or Grigg. All have shown themselves to be goalscorers and have a lot more about them than the current lot up front. Although I am quite an admirer of Watt.

Our midfield has left a lot to be desired for many years now. Conway isn't good enough and neither is Akpan. Lenihan has potential to be a good player but will he really push us on for promotion? Our current best midfielder is Evans and, well, that says it all. A passer and a tackler is needed - back to basics.

Then again even considering all this without a manager is pretty redundant. If we can't attract a reputable manager we will never attract promising players; we'll be reliant on scrap.

Roofe, Bradshaw, Grigg, chuck in Dack, will all have much better options than coming to the basket case that is Ewood.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tugay was recently fired from his job as manager of Sanliurfaspor after winning just 5 of his 23 games in charge.

That's another one that would more likely than not end in disaster and I would hate for him to become embroiled in the chaos and civil war this club finds itself in.

Mackays a decent shout did ok at Watford did really well at Cardiff at a time when the club was in a complete meltdown, his Cardiff was organised and sound defensively I was living down there at the time. My City mates still love him and would have him back in a heartbeat, I would prefer him to a Dunn.Sherwood etc mix

Heard a certain Scot has registered his interest - daren't say his name (Nicko speaks highly of) !

I'm sure you're not talking about nobed but if you are that would be AMAZING. No, seriously, amazing. It would be the biggest FU in the history of footieball. I would actually applaud the V's for such an incredible move. I'd go the the games, well I wouldn't, I go to Ewood to see those who are paying money to go in and watch.

I'm sure you're not talking about nobed but if you are that would be AMAZING. No, seriously, amazing. It would be the biggest FU in the history of footieball. I would actually applaud the V's for such an incredible move. I'd go the the games, well I wouldn't, I go to Ewood to see those who are paying money to go in and watch.

NOT Kean.

I'd take Mackay over the rest of the names banded about any day of the week.

Harry Redknapp is going to become the Nigeria manager very shortly. This not long after managing Jordan for a number of games. Seems as if he is desperate for work - any good owners would be trying to make a gamble but I doubt he's even on the radar of these loons.

Mercerman who is this scot?

Harry Redknapp is going to become the Nigeria manager very shortly. This not long after managing Jordan for a number of games. Seems as if he is desperate for work - any good owners would be trying to make a gamble but I doubt he's even on the radar of these loons.

Sounds like another one of the Barnet Spivs lot, called Judas in another part of East Lancs.

If that is true then somebody as got a sniff of some money, the rat emerging from the sewer again?

Andy Murray, but I'm sometimes confused by his nationality :D

Most probably be Wee Dougie.

If there is.one thing the.Paul Lambert fiasco has.shown it is that it does't matter who they bring in. A keany manager will be a keany manager, a good mamager will be a keany manager because they will be hamstrung by the chicken killers in pune. We are the Venkies, we kill chickens, football clubs, joy and hope.

Heard a certain Scot has registered his interest - daren't say his name (Nicko speaks highly of) !

Coyle, doesnt matter. You know I have.a.Rovers tat that.includes.the words From cradle to grave, I should have it done over, From cradle till Venkies

Whoever comes in next has to get the goals against column to go down.

Season 2015/2016:

Bowyer = 17 poinds in 16 games = 1.0625 points per game
Lambert = 32 points in 28 games = 1.1428 points per game

We need a better win ratio in order to get more points per game.

Bowyer = Goals For 15 in 16 = 0.9375 goals per game
Lambert = Goals For 27 in 28 = 0.9642 goals per game

Need to score more goals, either as a lone striker / striker duo or as a team.

Bowyer = Goals against = 15 in 16 = 0.9375 goals per game
Lambert = Goals against = 30 in 28 = 1.0714 goals per game

Need to concede less. Build from the back or defend from the front as the case need be.

Maybe a better manager could get more.

Exactly. I don't expect Marshall to still be here next season either. Aside from the fact that we are currently 18th or so this is the main reason why I think the Lambert regime "failed" and failed miserably at that. There appears to have been no thought whatsoever gone into the state of the playing side of the Club going forward. Anything can happen in football and its not completely impossible a new man could find 3 strikers and revamp the midfield into a unit capable of mounting a play off challenge but it would be an extremely tall order.

You are living in cloud cuckoo land Simon and adding the 'extremely tall order' won't get you off either.

No money and nobody to discuss contracts/wages/loans etc. Worst squad in living memory?

Wake up man, we're having serious words next time I see you, LoL.

If we are going down the road of signing frees from league 1 and bringing through youngsters then Hill might be a good shout. Doubt he'd stop us from going down but he'd stabilise us in league 1 then maybe get us trying to go up again. Similar to Grayson at Nob End.

Personally for me it's got to be someone with good experience of keeping a team in the Champ first and foremost. No idea on that one though.

Appointing Dunn or another rookie is signing the clubs death warrant without a doubt.

Warrant is signed, just need to make the entry in the registrar

NOT Kean.

Awww, that would have been fun for a day. It's got to be wee Coyley. What did nixon say? he'll be managing the likes of Man Utd one day?

Think Phil Brown :blink: has thrown his hat in the ring every time this job has come up, even think he lived near the training ground at one point.

I think Lambert might be a bit premature in assuming Irvine and Kelly will just walk out after him, a job's a job at the end of the day, and presumably relatively well paid ones in the general scheme of things.

That said I personally wouldn't want Irvine or Kelly or both in charge as for me they're part and parcel of the failed Lambert regime. I do however expect an Irvine/Kelly combo to be the most likely outcome as it is probably the cheapest option and the one which entails the least messing about and disruption.

Works for you doesn't it Simon, him leaving. No chance he can prove you wrong now is there. Who is your choice. Sorry imma fumin mad.

Archived