BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager

Next manager  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as the next manager?

• Jason Wilcox
    • Not Jason Wilcox
    • Grooby

Yeah well what had Shearer achieved? Didn't stop people voting for him in 2008 when the club had a considerably better list of targets. Yeah I know he was a better player than Wilcox. Not like Wilcox is some nobody though.

Wilcox this, Wilcox that. I've nothing against the guy but what are your thoughts on Grooby? Why are you ignoring the only other candidate in the shortlist?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why mention Moyes on here. He isn't going to be the next Rovers manager is he.

Some people thought mercer had dropped his name in the ring as registering interest. I must admit I thought mercer was alluding to "the new Bill Shankley" wee Coyley.

One thing I don't understand: Why is it OK for Jason Wilcox to "take the Venky coin", but not the club shop employees?

You really can't see a difference between the first team manager or CEO, compared to a kit man or club shop employee?

Some roles affect the future of this club and its fortunes, others are simply ancillary.

Some people thought mercer had dropped his name in the ring as registering interest. I must admit I thought mercer was alluding to "the new Bill Shankley" wee Coyley.

I just can't understand why anyone would post that Moyes is interested, except as a joke, or why anyone would believe it. Might as well post that Jose Mourinho is interested. Sorry to burst anyone's bubble but we if and when we get a new manager it ain't going to be good news. That's the only certainty/

• Backroom

You really can't see a difference between the first team manager or CEO, compared to a kit man or club shop employee?

Some roles affect the future of this club and its fortunes, others are simply ancillary.

Wow, I didn't think you'd be on that side of the fence in this argument. OK then.

• Moderation Lead

I was convinced it was 'wee Dougie' (Freedman)...

• Moderation Lead

dougie freedman got sacked by crackpot owners, with a club going nowhere, why would he damage his reputation even further

Beats being on the Rock and Roll I guess....

Exactly. I don't expect Marshall to still be here next season either. Aside from the fact that we are currently 18th or so this is the main reason why I think the Lambert regime "failed" and failed miserably at that. There appears to have been no thought whatsoever gone into the state of the playing side of the Club going forward. Anything can happen in football and its not completely impossible a new man could find 3 strikers and revamp the midfield into a unit capable of mounting a play off challenge but it would be an extremely tall order.

Yeah, can't be that hard can it, The last FIVE managers we've had couldn't do it between em and before we throw Sir Jordans name out there Shebby got him in, well him and Glen Mullen. Seriously Rev give me ONE name we can get in you would feel confident in him moving us forward and upwards. 50 years and I'm ready to throw in the towel.

Hang on a minute - HE WALKED OUT!!!!

So as you rightly say, whilst we'll never know whether or not he could have been a success here that's not my fault, it's 100% down to Lambert.

It does appear though that he doesn't have enough confidence in his own ability to achieve success on a limited budget. I'd have thought anyone could have a decent stab at it waving a 20m chequebook about.

Nice work if you can get it, come in on a short term basis, give the old Bank balance a boost, if it goes well walk out into a better job, if it doesnt, and it quickly became apparent he'd lost the dressing room here imo, wage a carefully co-ordinated public campaign in the Press against the owners shifting all the blame onto them so you can walk out smelling of roses.

No its 50-50, I'd say. I've quot jobs myself where promises were not kept. To do what he wanted he needed supported. My take is he knew where he wanted to go and how to get there. Not one of our recent managers has had one inkling of a future plan. He at least did and brought it up to his demise. I thought he could have done better to but a dismal failure, dunno bout that. He failed to keep Rhodes though I can't help but feel that's what's irked you the most. Next one will be different, a yes man failure, again. Let.me.ask again Simon.who do you fancy for the job and also who would you have had instead of Lambert.

Moyes talk is dreamland absolute cloud cuckoo land IMO

I'll throw a party if he comes everyone invited

David Moyes is having a party, bring your uzi uncle balaji

Didn't someone spot Moyes at the northcote with Alan Irvine a few weeks back?

David Moyes is having a party, bring your uzi uncle balaji

Didn't someone spot Moyes at the northcote with Alan Irvine a few weeks back?

i heard someone on here (forgot who it was) say that Moyes has been in 'deep discussion' with Alan Irvine

I never rated Moyes but in the position we are in he is effectively a far better outcome than I could anticipate.

Still, would make no difference without a proper structure in place.

He was good at preston but not so much since. Just like Lambert was good at Norwich and not really anywhere else tbh (obviously not taking his fantastic record at Norwich away from him).

Edit: not saying I think he'll come btw, because he won't

Archived