BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager

Next manager  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as the next manager?

• Jason Wilcox
    • Not Jason Wilcox
    • Grooby

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only other offer he has on the table is Bolton Wanderers so I guess we, and the chance to work again with Irvine is attractive...

Not saying he'll get it. I'm saying he is likely to be the one Mercer referred to.

Always been a forward thinker that Moyes. Why work for the Bolton Wanderers when you could work for the next Bolton Wanderers?

I cannot for the life of me see anything in this. Surely we are so far past the point of being able to attract any credible manager we're going to be looking at absolute nobodies from here on in.

Works for you doesn't it Simon, him leaving. No chance he can prove you wrong now is there. Who is your choice. Sorry imma fumin mad.

Hang on a minute - HE WALKED OUT!!!!

So as you rightly say, whilst we'll never know whether or not he could have been a success here that's not my fault, it's 100% down to Lambert.

It does appear though that he doesn't have enough confidence in his own ability to achieve success on a limited budget. I'd have thought anyone could have a decent stab at it waving a 20m chequebook about.

Nice work if you can get it, come in on a short term basis, give the old Bank balance a boost, if it goes well walk out into a better job, if it doesnt, and it quickly became apparent he'd lost the dressing room here imo, wage a carefully co-ordinated public campaign in the Press against the owners shifting all the blame onto them so you can walk out smelling of roses.

Hang on a minute - HE WALKED OUT!!!!

So as you rightly say, whilst we'll never know whether or not he could have been a success here that's not my fault, it's 100% down to Lambert.

It does appear though that he doesn't have enough confidence in his own ability to achieve success on a limited budget. I'd have thought anyone could have a decent stab at it waving a 20m chequebook about.

Nice work if you can get it, come in on a short term basis, give the old Bank balance a boost, if it goes well walk out into a better job, if it doesnt, and it quickly became apparent he'd lost the dressing room here imo, wage a carefully co-ordinated public campaign in the Press against the owners shifting all the blame onto them so you can walk out smelling of roses.

Revidge I've always seen you as one of the better posters on here but you're wrong. The simple fact of the matter is that Venkys LIED to him. So whether he has confidence over a limited budget or not is an utter irrelevance.

Revidge I've always seen you as one of the better posters on here but you're wrong. The simple fact of the matter is that Venkys LIED to him. So whether he has confidence over a limited budget or not is an utter irrelevance.

To be fair, we don't know of what was promised or what was taken away. It isn't inconceivable that Venkys weren't impressed with their choice - a handful of regulars on here aren't fans of Lambert and even I (a supporter of him) have to say his record is very poor and performances were inconsistent. In my eyes though, that isn't his team and I am a fan of his ethic. Maybe they don't see him as the man to get us promotion though, all talk, no action. Maybe they NEED promorion next year as much as we WANT it. Who knows?

To be fair, we don't know of what was promised or what was taken away. It isn't inconceivable that Venkys weren't impressed with their choice - a handful of regulars on here aren't fans of Lambert and even I (a supporter of him) have to say his record is very poor and performances were inconsistent. In my eyes though, that isn't his team and I am a fan of his ethic. Maybe they don't see him as the man to get us promotion though, all talk, no action. Maybe they NEED promorion next year as much as we WANT it. Who knows?

Oh for goodness sake he was lied to.

Why are the votes so negative on Wilcox? Didn't people vote highly for Solskjaer on a poll in 2012/2013? What the hell had he done as a manager?

Why are the votes so negative on Wilcox? Didn't people vote highly for Solskjaer on a poll in 2012/2013? What the hell had he done as a manager?

Ok inside man.

At what point have Venkys earned the benefit of the doubt? No, I believe Lambert far more than the jailers. If they told me today was Friday I'd check my calendar.

Those talking about Moyes. He is beyond our wildest dreams at the moment. Another proven credible manager. Why would they? More to the point, why would he? Is he that desperate that he would become a Venkys Yes Man?

At what point have Venkys earned the benefit of the doubt? No, I believe Lambert far more than the jailers. If they told me today was Friday I'd check my calendar.

Those talking about Moyes. He is beyond our wildest dreams at the moment. Another proven credible manager. Why would they? More to the point, why would he? Is he that desperate that he would become a Venkys Yes Man?

Never. They don't talk, so we don't know. Those who leave don't talk because they accept payment not to, so we don't know. So we make guesses...and within an hour they become facts on here that we refer to years to come - and the cycle continues.

Anyone coming to blackburn will have the same mentality. At best they can claim they took a struggling club to the playoffs and at worst they can just blame it on the Owners. [Rightly so - ofcourse] - And get paid for it

• Backroom

Well, he'd actually been a manager for one thing...

Well its what the LT and Nixon clearly believe. As do the majority of fans.

I thought the line was, "No contact made" rather than "Lied to".

If you want to pretend that you know the ins and outs of the wall of silence, that's fine with me. I'm happy to say we know almost nothing factual about this farcical club.

I wasn't his biggest fan as a player. I can't see him giving a player a good bollocking to be honest.

He was treated disgracefully compared to a prat like Dunn. He has told his players off before too.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-under-18s-encouraged-10318248

Unbeaten for the last 15 games in his youth role by the way.

Archived