BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager

Next manager  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as the next manager?

• Jason Wilcox
    • Not Jason Wilcox
    • Grooby

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see Jewell is the favourite now. Probably as good an experienced candidate as we could get but he has been in a managers job for 9 months in the last 71/2 years and failed then. We might as well go totally left field though I think as anyone coming into this sinking ship has got no chance. What about someone like...... well anyone really...... give 1 of the grogramme sellers a go or maybe rotate it round fans with a draw every month to see who's turn it is.

Sticking with the Indian theme...we could have "Jewell in the Crown"....

It would take some fantastic appointment to turn my eyes away from the actual pattern over the last five years. There will be no salvation with the Venky's. Enough is enough.

We need to start to build again. Currently, we are still in the slow process of being dismantled, run down, each season worse than the last.

It will hard to energize and motivate people until it is time for the rebuild.

Did you ever find out what a soup taker is, in reference to Glaswegian catholics.

Oh I must have missed you asking me that one JAL. Yes, I do know what a soup taker refers to, a cross-over (from Catholic to Protestant). I would guess its origins are related to the Irish potato famine.

I really don't think it matters who we get as manager, the underlying problem will still exist and that is them wretched people who purport to own us. Whilst they are here breaking promises (and hearts) we will be on this downward spiral.

Whoever comes in next has to get the goals against column to go down.

Season 2015/2016:

Bowyer = 17 poinds in 16 games = 1.0625 points per game

Lambert = 32 points in 28 games = 1.1428 points per game

We need a better win ratio in order to get more points per game.

Bowyer = Goals For 15 in 16 = 0.9375 goals per game

Lambert = Goals For 27 in 28 = 0.9642 goals per game

Need to score more goals, either as a lone striker / striker duo or as a team.

Bowyer = Goals against = 15 in 16 = 0.9375 goals per game

Lambert = Goals against = 30 in 28 = 1.0714 goals per game

Need to concede less. Build from the back or defend from the front as the case need be.

Maybe a better manager could get more.

We need better owners to allow a manager to succeed.

Oh I must have missed you asking me that one JAL. Yes, I do know what a soup taker refers to, a cross-over (from Catholic to Protestant). I would guess its origins are related to the Irish potato famine.

Not heard that before. I'm off over to the Weedge this afternoon so it's nose pegs and disdainful looks at the ready.

I really don't think it matters who we get as manager, the underlying problem will still exist and that is them wretched people who purport to own us. Whilst they are here breaking promises (and hearts) we will be on this downward spiral.

Exactly and it should be interesting to see who's advising them over here.

It's paining me that I keep hearing Moyes' name mentioned with the job. Not because I don't want him, because I'd snap his arm off, but because I believe it is genuine optimism. I don't want to buy into it to be let down by a Paul Jewell type figure instead.

However, I have placed a 10 pound bet on Moyes' to be the next BRFC manager. I have heard it from a friend that works at Blackburn and seen it posted by 'Mani' on here. Somehow I just can't it out of my head.

A non Rovers supporting friend of mine claimed the other day that Moyes was interested in the Rovers job. He'd supposedly heard it from a relation of Moyes.

Can't see it myself but you never know, that being said they probably wouldn't give him the job if he said he'd do it for free. It's all about toeing a line.

Great. Moyes comes in, then what? There is still no board, massie debts and complete retards as owners. Will David (or whoever comes in) be able to plan, communicate with the Raos without flying to India every week to rim them and be part of a proper structure? Nope.

Moyes is way too good to come here. Even the Dalai Lama would go all Malcolm Tucker dealing with the Raos . Expect Stuart Pearce, Davd Dunn or Sven on one last payday.

I want and expect nothing any more. Who am I to say who should manage us, what team we should play etc. I've never played that game even when we were well run. And I expect nothing now because my expectation would be so low as to be unbelievable. Clitheroe have just appointed a new guy who looks very good for that level. Perhaps we should steal him. That's the level were heading for

Who do you want and all do you expect?

Couldn't give a @#/? monkeys mate. I hope they hire the guard on brockhall gates and Rovers are relegated two years on the bounce.

You are all wasting your money. We've been here before, there's no way the Indians would bring Moyes in. Don't get your hopes up.

I said the same about PL. I'd agree that betting on any outcome of the Raos decision making is wasting your money though!

Never been as less interested about a new manager coming in. I really now think the manager is irrelevant. I saw a chink of light after lambert was appointed but it just seems now they have not learned anything. How can we be even looking for a manager - is the tea lady looking for him? Owners need to communicate with us and put a proper local structure in place or leave. I do not see them changing now though so they need to leave and we can all then unite in dealing with what is left even if that is starting again. It's like we are in quicksand with this lot with the ultimate outcome being known but we just cling on in hope of getting out.

I put 5 pounds bet on Moyes and Robinson to become the next Blackburn manager.

What about Phil Brown? Experience and 2 promotions on his cv.

There's a reason Phil Brown ended up at where he is. He's just another who isn't cut out for Championship management, same with Robinson.

The V's allegedly want a Rovers name to take over but that is only on the advice of some shmuck thinking it'll pacify the crowd. That's the only thinking behind it when in reality we desperately need someone with the balls and experience to keep a poor side in this league.

Archived