BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager

Next manager  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as the next manager?

• Jason Wilcox
    • Not Jason Wilcox
    • Grooby

Haha... I'm not saying we are viable or structured mate...I'm saying that Bolton are equally as bad, if not worse than us.

You're having a laugh surely, please tell me you're having a laugh?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He does a lot of hanging around Rovers areas, obviously living in the Ribble Valley but I've always got the impression he hates us. I actually think with a bit of a decent budget him and Rovers would be a good fit.

Either way he'd not set foot in Ewood without guaranteed big money he isn't that daft, his rep needs enhancing not destroying completely.

• Backroom

I still can't believe Moyes would come here, but the only logical reason for any sensible owners to bin off a manager of Lambert's stature would be if they had found a better manager who they felt could use their funds more effectively.

But we don't have sensible or logical owners, so I simply can't believe there's anything in this.

I still can't believe Moyes would come here, but the only logical reason for any sensible owners to bin off a manager of Lambert's stature would be if they had found a better manager who they felt could use their funds more effectively.

But we don't have sensible or logical owners, so I simply can't believe there's anything in this.

And yet we all want to believe there might be some truth in it...

It's definitely the hope that kills you.

Paul Jewel as well as skybet disappeared from this comparison site

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/blackburn/next-permanent-manager

Edit if you click on David Dunn , it shows you how odds have moved and it says betting was suspended on skybet at 2 pm today

Is Alan Stubbs still managing in Scotland?

Stubbs is managing Hibs

Whoever it is we need to ensure there's no "get out" clause for the manager at Christmas/end of the season/ whenever. Either they want to be here or they dont.

Otherwise in the unlikely event we ever find a manager who does well, we'll never be able to hold onto them and they'll just walk out for nothing.

I have no problem with Mani posting his rumor, it keeps some peoples interest going, but why you'd put yourself out there is baffling to me.

Nobody had a clue they'd appoint Lambert, but rumor has it, they're looking to appoint Moyes :lol:

I would be very surprised if they even know Lamberts resigned yet.

Whoever it is we need to ensure there's no "get out" clause for the manager at Christmas/end of the season/ whenever. Either they want to be here or they dont.

Otherwise in the unlikely event we ever find a manager who does well, we'll never be able to hold onto them and they'll just walk out for nothing.

The get out clause might have been performance related Eg if you get x amount of points or a certain position, it will trigger a new deal. I'm as down as anyone because I was chuffed with Lambert's appointment BUT results didn't happen. I am coming around to the thought that maybe he wasn't favoured and it is more a case that things weren't offered to him because he is to be replaced.

Regardless, the lack of structure is an absolute farce and isn't the way forwards.

I have no problem with Mani posting his rumor, it keeps some peoples interest going, but why you'd put yourself out there is baffling to me.

Nobody had a clue they'd appoint Lambert, but rumor has it, they're looking to appoint Moyes :lol:

I would be very surprised if they even know Lamberts resigned yet.

Listen pal, I don't bang n about being itk. I am as clueless as everyone else with a lot of stuff. But, this 'rumour' came from Moyes himself...believe it or not. I have no reason to lie and ain't exactly putting myself out there either as it actually occurred...full stop.

I respect Mani, he's thrown info into the ring and been clear where he's got it from. I much prefer that to the smoke and mirror, self - proclaimed ITK squad who only speak in riddles on here.

Listen pal, I don't bang n about being itk. I am as clueless as everyone else with a lot of stuff. But, this 'rumour' came from Moyes himself...believe it or not. I have no reason to lie and ain't exactly putting myself out there either as it actually occurred...full stop.

Think you're kicking off with the wrong person pal, i never said you'd lied, never banged on about you being ITK, hence why i wrote:

I have no problem with Mani posting his rumor, it keeps some peoples interest going.

:wacko:

I'm not sure Lambert should be derided (as he has by some) for having a get out clause. I would guess that the said clause worked both ways, allowing Venkys a get out if they decided he wasn't wanted. Expect the same thing again I reckon.

Something about Moyes(& his team) that i dont trust, im not doubting Mani's info, I'm just more suspicious of why and by whom info like this is leaked and for what purpose, could this not just be a manipulative way of moyes(and his agent, etc..) to get his name back in the shop window, The Everton job looks like its going to be back up for grabsand i can imagine a few other mid/lower league prem teams looking to change manager at the end of the season, Or if he did come to a club like ours I think(like lambert) he would just see it as a stepping stone back into the game and leave as soon as he gets whiff of a another decent job

I'm not sure Lambert should be derided (as he has by some) for having a get out clause. I would guess that the said clause worked both ways, allowing Venkys a get out if they decided he wasn't wanted. Expect the same thing again I reckon.

With the managerial revolving door here, any agent that didn't insist on a release clause should be hung draw and quartered.

Think you're kicking off with the wrong person pal, i never said you'd lied, never banged on about you being ITK, hence why i wrote:

I have no problem with Mani posting his rumor, it keeps some peoples interest going.

:wacko:

Fair play 👍🏽

Something about Moyes(& his team) that i dont trust, im not doubting Mani's info, I'm just more suspicious of why and by whom info like this is leaked and for what purpose, could this not just be a manipulative way of moyes(and his agent, etc..) to get his name back in the shop window, The Everton job looks like its going to be back up for grabsand i can imagine a few other mid/lower league prem teams looking to change manager at the end of the season, Or if he did come to a club like ours I think(like lambert) he would just see it as a stepping stone back into the game and leave as soon as he gets whiff of a another decent job

Haha....there's no leak mate. David Moyes said this!!

It was from him mate two days ago. He has two options on the table. One is Bolton Wanderers (very surprising). The other is us...

If Bolton and Rovers are his only 2 options, he should be thinking... "What's the point"

Do I believe you?. No.

I'd believe Madam Desai before I believe any of it.

Moyes was on Sky for the Merseyside derby, and his melted welly face told a story.

Smug grin. Particularly when talking about Celtic and 'good' offers.

Who from Rovers will have been in contact?

Archived