BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager

Next manager  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as the next manager?

• Jason Wilcox
    • Not Jason Wilcox
    • Grooby

Keep saying it but Steve Clarke, good relationships with both Liverpool and Chelsea and let's face it, we're going to need some bloody good loans as we'll have no money to spend. Knows the league, has some ambition, has learned at the very highest level and did a cracking job at West Brom. Think he's pretty much the best we could hope for.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since Jewell was a random name whose odds reduced, let's throw in Pearce, OGS, Boothroyd, Thorne (ex-Cov manager), Tony or Mickey Adams or Peter Taylor. All pretty crappy choices and desperate enough to hitch a lift on the clown car.

What's ever happened to Boothroyd, seemed like he was the next hot manager then nothing

Paul Jewell is Rovers favourite.

His reps On a par with Venkys.

Moyes to Jewell, amazing. Jewell is probably more likely. Personally, I can't stand the guy. Getting closer and closer to Stanley if this guy is appointed.

Would anyone wavering renew if we appointed Jewell?

Might be the last straw for me

Keep saying it but Steve Clarke, good relationships with both Liverpool and Chelsea and let's face it, we're going to need some bloody good loans as we'll have no money to spend. Knows the league, has some ambition, has learned at the very highest level and did a cracking job at West Brom. Think he's pretty much the best we could hope for.

Good shout, I think. 10 tomes better than Paul bloody Jewell

1 nearly every appointment they've made has been an inexperienced dud. Odds of approaching Moyes minimal.

2 chance of giving guarantees needed for job - low but then they lie a bit so guess this box could get ticked.

3 chance of conditions Moyes would be able to work I. Given the unprofessional set up when GB was at the helm and PL walking because of the set up - chances are non existent. Factor their running of the club pre this and it's guaranteed not to work. Odds of success zero.

4factor in currently the tea lady is the most senior manager left so there's no one to appoint the manager.

All adds up to slim chance of happening and nil of success

I'm not being funny but moyes would be a dream appointment ..he's high end in my book.. If he is intrested , venkys should bend over and announce him tomorrow ..He beats all other candidates hands down

Never in a million years does he want it, also, what has he ever done?

Not read the whole thread, has anyone mentioned Jason Wilcox? I think he's a youth coach at Man Utd.

Nearly, he is a coach at FC United or is it Stockport?

Venkys first appointments need to be a functioning Board. Then they are more likely to appoint a football manger of caliber.

However, Venkys are more likely to appoint an Ironing Board, so we all know how this one will pan out.

Expect David Dunn to be appointed new manager at 2:30pm next Saturday with the crowd chanting Venkys Out

Never in a million years does he want it, also, what has he ever done?

Nearly, he is a coach at FC United or is it Stockport?

Jesus wept - We are bottom end of the Championship after a series of inexperienced managers (Lambert excluded) and an established manager, who managed in the top flight for ten years and was considered good enough to manage the biggest club in England, by people infinitely more qualified than you or me - is interested in the job (allegedly).

....and you ask "What has he ever done?" Hells bells man!

Jesus wept - We are bottom end of the Championship after a series of inexperienced managers (Lambert excluded) and an established manager, who managed in the top flight for ten years and was considered good enough to manage the biggest club in England, by people infinitely more qualified than you or me - is interested in the job (allegedly).

....and you ask "What has he ever done?" Hells bells man!

Genuine question, what's he ever done?

Think he is a busted flush myself. But still miles better than us.

He managed the biggest club in the world and once knocked a cow out with a flip flop.

(One of those can be confirmed).

Promotion with PNE

Established Everton as a consistent top 8 team at a time when they weren't flushed with cash. Decent record of bringing young players through.

May not have pulled up trees trophy wise but a very steady hand - which is what we desperately need.

Don't get me wrong - Five years ago, he wouldn't have been top of my list (and his Kean/fans comments still irk me) but in the present circumstances, he would be an unbelievable coup.

Promotion with PNE

Established Everton as a consistent top 8 team at a time when they weren't flushed with cash. Decent record of bringing young players through.

May not have pulled up trees trophy wise but a very steady hand - which is what we desperately need.

Don't get me wrong - Five years ago, he wouldn't have been top of my list (and his Kean/fans comments still irk me) but in the present circumstances, he would be an unbelievable coup.

I'm not suggesting he'd come here but I am going to question what expectations do fans have for a prospective manager?

Do we need a trophy - laden manager? No.

Do we need a media personality? No.

Do we need a solid, experienced manager, a steady - Eddie with connections with teams with good youth players and large squads - absolutely.

We need promotion. Most likely on a tight budget where loaned players and freebies will make up the team. We don't need a rookie and we need someone thick - skinned. It's not going to be easy.

I think he will go to the top of the list with Mrs D once that little gem is presented to her,

"he slagged the peasants off whilst trying to protect our project partners reputation, get him in"

Promotion with PNE

So something similar to Sam Allardyce, which they got rid of, because they wanted to play sexy football.

Moyes is a very good manager, but I'm afraid he might not be the right manager at this time

So something similar to Sam Allardyce, which they got rid of, because they wanted to play sexy football.

Moyes is a very good manager, but I'm afraid he might not be the right manager at this time

Huh?? A manager of moyes standing would be a dream which is why it won't happen

Venkys first appointments need to be a functioning Board. Then they are more likely to appoint a football manger of caliber.

However, Venkys are more likely to appoint an Ironing Board, so we all know how this one will pan out.

Expect David Dunn to be appointed new manager at 2:30pm next Saturday with the crowd chanting Venkys Out

I fully expect it to be Dunn and Johnson.

Rumours of a credible, experienced, respected CEO and then they put Cheston in charge. No expense or time invested, just the easiest option. No disrespect to Cheston, he may prove to be a very shrewd operator - everybody starts somewhere - but is he the best option out there? Probably not.

Links with the credible, experienced, respected Moyes link and then...

What I want to know is how and why this happens. It smacks of people at Ewood trying to do their jobs at Ewood and lining up candidates and then putting them forward to Venkys only to be undermined, or told to look for a cheaper option, or tell the messenger they need to absorb the role into their own.

Why?

Because he will just create that expectation that we should be promoted immediately because of who he is.

If things take a turn for the worse, do you think a manager of Moyes calibre would hang around, or get frustrated in similar fashion Lambert?

We really have to be realistic here, it's not the calibre of managers we can attract, because this club and it's history can attract very good managers. It's just the owners and the recent history, that we should be very careful about what we want 1st. Venkys and the problems out, or a good manager sitting with those problems and then being forced out or forced to quit.

The problem here is not which manager we can or can't get, the problem here is how long that manager will want to be here and work for these people

The Moyes red herring has created distraction.

Still wondering if that's a good or a bad thing.

Maybe look at it another way. Why would Venkys employ him?

Why would he work here?

The dots don't join, for me.

I'll give it stab in the dark... Perhaps he's currently out of work, has no other offers, lives in the Ribble Valley and fancies working with his old assistant manager who is currently in post at a championship club based in the Ribble valley who pay very well and currently need a manager. Just a thought...

Archived