BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager

Next manager  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as the next manager?

• Jason Wilcox
    • Not Jason Wilcox
    • Grooby

Maybe Venkys/Pasha have know for a few weeks that Lambert was going so have been looking at replacements for him since then. Before Last weekend Pasha was in India so surely he was talking to the owners about a replacement.

we don't know what the budget is for next season, all we know that the owners wouldn't back Lambert's plans which according to Alan Nixon was 15-20 mil plus wages for those signings. could it be that the budget will be around 5 mil plus wages?

It'll be B/S then.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have no idea how to run a football club , I'd lay money neither do you . I have not named a manager because I really don't give a @#/? who they appoint because it doesn't matter.

Tell you what if you don't back them how about boycotting with me .. Hell I'd even buy you a beer .

if you don't give a toss who they appoint then why come on the next manager thread?

I will not boycott from watching my team next season. This is my club and I will not force away from watching us play. There is plenty of Rovers fans who share the same opinion as mine.

I respected people who will Boycott or have boycotted in the past but not for me.

I couldn't walk away from support Rovers.

if you don't give a toss who they appoint then why come on the next manager thread?

I will not boycott from watching my team next season. This is my club and I will not force away from watching us play. There is plenty of Rovers fans who share the same opinion as mine.

I respected people who will Boycott or have boycotted in the past but not for me.

What has it got to do with you where I post or don't post .

If it takes boycotting to force them out would you or would you carry on supporting Venky fc

Exactly Stuart.

We need a quick appointment as per usual they take ages deciding.

We need to be lining players up this month to sign this summer.

We need to sign 10 new signings plus

Now that is a sensible post Chaddy. When you stick to your own opinions you often make sense.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news Chaddy but it is not your club, the Rao's own it lock stock and barrel, allegedly.

They have to go period

I think chaddy has changed now from backing venkys to being anti venkys like the rest of us, have to give him some credit for that

For now.

Now that is a sensible post Chaddy. When you stick to your own opinions you often make sense.

A new manager is going to have to build his own team this summer. So this new manager is going have to be appoint as soon as possible. They need to be interviewing this week for certain.

They should be interview these people:-

Gary Rowett

Tim Sherwood

Gary Monk

Simon Grayson

Chris Wilder

Ian Holloway

Lee Carsley

Karl Robinson(not everyone choice I know)

Alan Irvine

Malky Mackay

Billy Davies

A new manager is going to have to build his own team this summer. So this new manager is going have to be appoint as soon as possible. They need to be interviewing this week for certain.

Gary Rowett

Tim Sherwood

Gary Monk

Simon Grayson

Chris Wilder

Ian Holloway

Lee Carsley

Alan Irvine

Malky Mackay

That is not an unreasonable list in the circumstances Chaddy.

But nonetheless, a very depressing one.

Gary Rowett

Tim Sherwood

Gary Monk

Simon Grayson

Chris Wilder

Ian Holloway

Lee Carsley

Alan Irvine

nobody interviews that many. You look at that many and draw up a shortlist. From that you prioritise who you'd really like but interview 2 or 3 just in case your first choice knocks you back. Or in our case you ring Irvine and say it's yours if you want it and save yourselves having to make a choice when you know you're going to give him it anyway

Gary Rowett

Tim Sherwood

Gary Monk

Simon Grayson

Chris Wilder

Ian Holloway

Lee Carsley

Alan Irvine

Malky Mackay

Billy Davies

Irvine might get a casual chat, the rest you can forget.

congratulations, you're blue peter badge will be in the post

congratulations, you're blue peter badge will be in the post

I know chaddy has a somewhat blue and white tinted perspective on things at times, but to round on him in this manner is completely over the top and unfair. If everyone were to boycott, i.e . walk away from the Club then than would have only one outcome in the long run, the Club folds and none of us will have any Club to support.

Far better to continue to attend and make your feelings known than be one of those fans who pretend they care about the Club and only crawl out of the woodwork when Liverpool come to town for a Cup quarter final, or claim they will only return when Venky's are gone, which of course the vast majority won't .

How dismissive of the majority of fans on here, who keep getting battered but keep coming or have kept coming week in, week out. There is a middle ground where you say what you're prepared to accept and what you're not and stick to it. I'm sure there are many like me who haven't been to every game they could have attended over venkys tenure, but who keep coming back despite lack of any real reason to do so. I don't want to be tied to a season ticket anywhere at the moment. I've toyed with the idea of buying one for clitheroe or sale sharks but I only really want one for rovers. I want to be able to do the other things in addition but not instead of. However, I won't buy one this coming season. I'll get a ticket on a match by match basis. If we're not being treated with respect then I don't see any reason to commit upfront to a season ticket

I know chaddy has a somewhat blue and white tinted perspective on things at times, but to round on him in this manner is completely over the top and unfair. If everyone were to boycott, i.e . walk away from the Club then than would have only one outcome in the long run, the Club folds and none of us will have any Club to support.

Far better to continue to attend and make your feelings known than be one of those fans who pretend they care about the Club and only crawl out of the woodwork when Liverpool come to town for a Cup quarter final, or claim they will only return when Venky's are gone, which of course the vast majority won't .

At a normal club with normal owners, an empty stadium would jolt them into action. With Venkys it could carry on for months and months.

The number of people who say they are going to boycott till the V's go will be far outweighed by the number of people who just don't renew because they are simply fed up of watching the team going backwards season on season. Same outcome for the club though.

I'd like the idea to be a short total boycott by almost everyone and the reason publically stated to India 'run this club properly or we are all out'. Hopefully some real action would take place one way or another and then we can get on with supporting the team.

If it forced them to declare their hand or appoint someone proper to run the show or even say they'll put it up for sale but there'll be no budget then at least we all finally know where we stand

Got to be worth a shot surely, it's called standing up to them.

At a normal club with normal owners, an empty stadium would jolt them into action. With Venkys it could carry on for months and months.

Don't follow you Stu. So what, you're agreeing that boycotts aren't the answer?

Don't follow you Stu. So what, you're agreeing that boycotts aren't the answer?

See my post on the other thread. But I think they are the answer under normal circumstances. Under Venkys I'm not so sure they will have any impact.

Boycotts arent the answer cos Venkys arent here to see it. Doesnt have an affect on them.

It may do chaddy. It would at least bring attention to the fact the fans are not happy which should bring press coverage. We all know villa and Charlton fans have had enough through the press. I'll go to the last game of the season on my season ticket but will not renew next year, that is a horrible thought but they have pushed us to this. I don't buy that if people don't go the club will fold, the people are still there just not at the ground. Honestly would you not rather start again without them?

I think those people that have tickets for the last game should go and do some venting, Abbey that is aimed at you, go and tell them what you think for the last time!

Start again? Do you mean start a new club?

I rather that someone bought the club from Venkys tomorrow and we start from there.

That's what I mean. I was an idiot when they purchased the club thinking it was a good thing, even when Scum walked away I thought they could still sort it out, then when lambert came in I thought they had turned the corner, wrong wrong wrong. They have to go it is that simple, new manager who cares really.

Can't see a quality Manager coming in. Why would they want to join this circus? Anyway I'm not sure the Venkys want such a thing to happen. Looks to me like they are clearing the decks for a sale or to put the Club into administration. These are dark days for BRFC

Boycotts arent the answer cos Venkys arent here to see it. Doesnt have an affect on them.

Well there is such a thing as global news Chaddy. Distinctly possible that an empty Ewood would attract rather more attention than a one third full one.

Reporters might pop up at an IPL game and ask Venkys for comment? Indian media might report it strongly?

I think they would hear about it and get the message.

What they would do about it I don't know but I'd like to find out.

Archived