BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager

Next manager  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as the next manager?

• Jason Wilcox
    • Not Jason Wilcox
    • Grooby

My ideal scenario would be for Gary Flitcroft to be appointed, him to appoint Matt Jansen as his assistant and for them to get us promoted and established in the PL once more. Riches return, Venky's leave, another Jack Walker type fan to buy the club from them with the debt cleared.

If Carlsberg did football clubs...

would Flitcroft and Jansen be interest in coming to Rovers?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

would Flitcroft and Jansen be interest in coming to Rovers?

Dunno Chaddy I'd suggest you ask Flitcroft and Jansen rather than posting on a public Rovers forum at 21:51 on a Saturday night.

Contact has been made and he is interested. That's what I know to be true.

Who's contacted him Mani? Would it be the shirt printer in the Rovers store or the bar manager in Blues?

Even if it's true, him being interested is just the first step. Don't get excited, Venkys will 100% @#/? it all up.

Contact has been made (them to him) and he has expressed an interest. That is what was said by him..

Thanks Neo...don't know how many times I can say to people on here. If I say something it's because it's actually happened. But I'm glad you checked it out mate. I was waiting for someone with your connections to do so.

. I think it's because we're all so despondent at the moment that naturally we just poo poo anything that is positive

Keep calm lads. I'd imagine at this stage there are several feelers out and several managers who fancy it... My point was only in relation to Mercers earlier statement re a Scottish manager... He broke this really, I just added my thoughts.

Long way to go would be my guess...

So wait venkys have actually Contacted moyes , why not just back lambert ...unless the results maDe them think he wasn't the man to take us forward then this makes no sense

If Moyes, in some freak occurence, does get appointed and gets given money it'll be interesting.

If Moyes was at the event you'd have to wonder why. I don't imagine he was to be honest. Surely it would have been at a match that the heart to heart occurred.

Moyes - "Alan, do you ever look up at the stars and feel small and insignificant?"

Irvine - "well its been lovely catching up with you Dave. But I've really got to put the midfield through their drills"

Moyes - "yeah sorry Alan. It's just, what's the point of it all? I mean, is there a god? If so why all the suffering?"

Irvine - Davey I've really got to go. The lads are waiting"

Moyes - "But don't you want to know if there's a true unwavering power who watches over us all and guides us spiritually?"

Irvine - "look, Dave, why don't you go speak to that fat fella with the ponytail in the primark suit up in the directors box. His family are pretty spiritual"

Moyes - "thanks Alan. I'll go do that. He looks like an Asian meatloaf"

Balaji - "Nice to meet you Mr Moyes. Did you do the breakfast show on radio one a few years back. I loved that comedy Dave."

Moyes - "Um. Do you mean David Weir? Yeah he his sort of funny I suppose. Anyway Mr meatloaf, can you give me the answers I seek?"

Balaji - "listen man, you could work for me for years and never get the answers you seek. Definitely if it's around transfer window season. The one you seek is Madame."

Moyes - "you must be heaven sent. You speak in riddles. Surely I must work for you for years and learn the path to madame to gain the answers I yearn for. Consider me at your service."

This is the only scenario I can imagine which would lead to David Moyes managing our club. And that relies heavily on Moyes having suffered quite a severe head trauma and me having drank considerably less than I have.

Jesus. Just read that back. I'm definitely on the wrong side of weird.

The sad thing is Flitty would probably be a lot better than who we end up with. I can imagine Madame turning to the two brothers, and saying "unleash hell" then leaving the room to have a massive p*** on a Rovers flag while they do it.

If Moyes, in some freak occurence, does get appointed and gets given money it'll be interesting.

Lambert comes in, spends 6 months keeping us in the division with freebies/loanees, no transfer budget and assesses the squad, starting to put his mark on things, deciding that we need, say, £20m to rebuild the squad. He gets told to do one.

Moyes comes in and 5 minutes later gets a transfer budget to rebuild having been involved in zero competitive games.

Yeah, no, I'm not buying it - even by Venkys' standards that's dumber than dumb.

Keep calm lads. I'd imagine at this stage there are several feelers out and several managers who fancy it... My point was only in relation to Mercers earlier statement re a Scottish manager... He broke this really, I just added my thoughts.

Long way to go would be my guess...

If Moyes actually told you he is interested, fair enough.

Re Mercerman's comment - surely the reference to Nicko means he was hinting at either Coyle or Freedman?

Lambert comes in, spends 6 months keeping us in the division with freebies/loanees, no transfer budget and assesses the squad, starting to put his mark on things, deciding that we need, say, £20m to rebuild the squad. He gets told to do one.

Moyes comes in and 5 minutes later gets a transfer budget to rebuild having been involved in zero competitive games.

Yeah, no, I'm not buying it - even by Venkys' standards that's dumber than dumb.

I would, looking at it from their insane point of view it makes perfect sense. They expected Lambert to take them to the promised land in half a season with no money. When results didn't happen they decided they wanted to keep hold of their cash. Lambert eyes Celtic on the horizon, expects his reputation to diminish at Rovers, a settlement is made so Lambert leaves, both parties are happy. They appoint someone and give them the money.

It's mad enough to be true, but then again it's kind of the best scenario to come out of this so it won't be.

If Moyes actually told you he is interested, fair enough.

Re Mercerman's comment - surely the reference to Nicko means he was hinting at either Coyle or Freedman?

We'll see.... Has Mercer confirmed? Don't think he mentioned Nicko did he? If he had, I would've switched off immediately.

Archived