BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager

Next manager  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as the next manager?

• Jason Wilcox
    • Not Jason Wilcox
    • Grooby

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well if anyone was stupid enough to bring Kean back then surely even the most determined supporters wouldn't renew

If Kean came back (he won't) then that would be me done. I couldn't do it again.

If Venkys have turned off the taps (they have) then we need a master wheeler-and-dealer in the bargain basements. Go for a League One or League Two guy working miracles (e.g. Coleman - why would he leave up-and-coming Stanley for down-and out Rovers) on a shoestring.

But we'll all simply have to "get real" instead.

We need a complete rebuild from the ground up which is no job for another amateur. May as well just play the U-21 squad, starting on Saturday.

8th manager in 8 years. #jokeclub

I can imagine David Dunn's first press conference.

"helluh, ma name is David dunn, that's spelled duh, uh, Na, na, I'm really proud t'be rovers manager, owners in that country, can't remember its name, I didn't do vewy well in geography, have given me t'opportunity and I will do me vewy best

I will suggest a few names

Grayson would be my first choice.

other names are Karl Robinson, Kenny Jackett, Ian Holloway or Tim Sherwood. Irvine would be ok.

BUT I fully expect them to appoint David Dunn as manager tbh.

TBH, I not really that bothered at the minute.

other names are Karl Robinson, Kenny Jackett, Ian Holloway or Tim Sherwood. Irvine would be ok.

Chaddy it shows how bad it is if your glass is now half empty. I'm with you I could not care a less who comes in.

Lambert's time here has virtually assured that there will not be another credible/experienced manager at Ewood until long after Venkys have gone. Who can work with the lack of structure and lack of communication at Ewood.

Lambert was our last hope for credibility and it has now been extinguished. As much as I wanted to give Lambert the time and resources afforded to Bowyer (including a full pre-season at least), his time at Ewood will surely be summed up as...

He arrived.

He sold our top goalscorer.

He left.

The only "consolidation" is that the "will-he-won't-he game "wont be played out all Summer.

Chaddy it shows how bad it is if your glass is now half empty. I'm with you I could not care a less who comes in.

exactly.

going to annoyed and angry for weeks now.

Surprise that Irvine isnt interested in the role but I expect Irvine, Kelly and Batty to leave after the Reading game

Grayson would be ideal but we've sunk so low PNE is a more attractive option!

According to Alan Nixon Rovers and owners want a manager with Rovers links, so at least he would fit the criteria.

exactly.

Surprise that Irvine isnt interested in the role but I expect Irvine, Kelly and Batty to leave after the Reading game

According to Alan Nixon Rovers and owners want a manager with Rovers links, so at least he would fit the criteria.

So would Paul Clement, currently coaching England under 21's I think. Was here when they were in the second stage of operation destroy Rovers - race for relegation

I like Dunny but christ no to him being manager, would be certain relegation stuff. Grayson is probably the best shout but highly doubt it, he can bring Gally with him if he does though.

Precisely. Exhibit A Paul Lambert, whose odds have gone from 25/1 to 8/11 to be Celtic's manager on the first day of next season, based on a lot of bets from Rovers fans (folk plastering their betting slips all over Facebook!) and his announcement today.

As posted at the time, I put a tenner on this back in March at 25/1. Looks promising as a nice little earner.

Unfortunately I fear we will be shopping down the aisles with Gareth Ainsworth, John Coleman and co here.

Lower league managers who might see it as a shot at proving themselves higher.

Whereas last time I always felt we could get a proper manager in, I fear that within footballing circles, the reasons behind Lamberts departure will be well known. Proven managers at this level will see this job as a poison chalice now. A no-win reputation buster.

exactly.

Will the penny ever drop that they should be employing someone to do the manager chase?

I think we will be looking at a cheap internal appointment (Johnson or Dunn or both) or an external 'desperado'.

I think the Lambert saga will have done untold damage to Rovers' chances of recruiting someone half decent. Sherwood - in your dreams !

First call of a prospective manager will be to PL - 'Paul, what's gone on there?'

I think we will be looking at a cheap internal appointment (Johnson or Dunn or both) or an external 'desperado'.

I think the Lambert saga will have done untold damage to Rovers' chances of recruiting someone half decent. Sherwood - in your dreams !

First call of a prospective manager will be to PL - 'Paul, what's gone on there?'

WILCOX! Why won't anyone mention the guy in the 94-95 squad who probably cared most for the club and is well regarded and coaching right now?

Ainsworth is an absolute nobody.

Archived