BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager

Next manager  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as the next manager?

• Jason Wilcox
    • Not Jason Wilcox
    • Grooby

I suspect that it will be Irvine with Kelly as his assistant. Johnson and Dunny might step up to coaching roles with the first team, with Billy Barr moving up to the Under-21's and Mike Sheron moving up to the Under-18's. That way you are only looking to replace an Under-16 coach (Sheron). It's the option that costs the least.

Assuming the owners want to carry on this seems the obvious way forward. I hope Irvine has a good eye for a player - we need at least 7 new good ones.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've yet to meet anyone who doesn't think we will be relegated next season. The bottom line is that we are returning to the days of 5,000 or so gates and I doubt any managerial appointment is going to change that. It reminds me very much of the late 60s/early 70s and has the same feeling of inevitable decline about it.

I wouldn't know what it was like in the 60s and 70s as I was a child living on teesside, but I do know that decline is not inevitable if you make the correct decisions. Relegation may be likely regardless of who the manager is but it doesn't have to happen if we make a good appointment and can be made more likely by a poor one. Crowds wouldn't fall that low if an appointment that gave us even a crumb of hope was made

I've yet to meet anyone who doesn't think we will be relegated next season. The bottom line is that we are returning to the days of 5,000 or so gates and I doubt any managerial appointment is going to change that. It reminds me very much of the late 60s/early 70s and has the same feeling of inevitable decline about it.

I never think that we will go down (I have been proven wrong before!). Same for next season!

Already said before regarding ex players...Jason Wilcox. Any poll I want him on it that's who I would go for first.

He really cares for the club didn't even ask to leave at end of 1999. Parkes could see Duff was going to be a better player then.

People might say he's not experienced...well neither was Sherwood. There might be a chance with Wilcox even with these idiots in charge. He's not Shearer waiting for someone to give him a blank cheque.

Unlike those 2 Wilcox is also in a role.

Someone like Steve Evans would be a decent shout. Highly likely to be potted by Cellino at the end of the season and has experience working for loonys. Done a good job everywhere he's been and would probably be quite cheap.

We really need to shrug of this mentality of limiting our appointments to people with past associations with the club. There's a big world out there. Limiting candidates to people who are from Blackburn or have played/worked for the club immediately reduces the chances of unearthing a diamond.

If its Dunn or Johnson then season ticket sales will drop through the floor. Anyone with an ounce of understanding of the fans would avoid that option, regardless of your opinion of their coaching abilities.

The ONLY way to turn this around from a complete disaster is to recruit a sensible candidate with a track record, which they did with Lambert, but likely won't do again for a long time.

I wouldn't know what it was like in the 60s and 70s as I was a child living on teesside, but I do know that decline is not inevitable if you make the correct decisions. Relegation may be likely regardless of who the manager is but it doesn't have to happen if we make a good appointment and can be made more likely by a poor one. Crowds wouldn't fall that low if an appointment that gave us even a crumb of hope was made

Personally, for me supporting the Rovers in the late sixties, early seventies was a mix of good and bad times. But back then I had the passion of youth and was easily pleased.

Steve Evans is a disgusting man and his involvement with cheating ublic revenue at Boston, narrowly avoiding prison he should never have got a job in football again. If he were to become manager at Rovers I for one wouldnt set foot in Ewood whilst he was in charge.

It just doesn't matter anymore. Nobody with a shred of credibility could work under these idiots. Until they cluck off we're goosed.

If anyone did come in with any credibility they wouldn't last long. Anyone without credibility will have neither the experience nor backing so will take us into the next league down.

Because of that what's the point in saying who we would like in charge?

Steve Evans is a disgusting man and his involvement with cheating ublic revenue at Boston, narrowly avoiding prison he should never have got a job in football again. If he were to become manager at Rovers I for one wouldnt set foot in Ewood whilst he was in charge.

Still sounds better than Venkys who aren't disgusting. They are beyond disgusting. If you want to talk about lousy morals they are above him on my list.

They are cheating the entire Blackburn public (well those who are Rovers fans plus some local businesses I suppose)

If only the Raos would plan their retreat with our best interests at heart.

Put us into Administration early next season,lose 80millions,we get relegated to the League 1 and then we plan our revival.

Any other option and we are more goosed.

I was around at that time and I didn't feel that way. I was always optimistic something would turn up. Like Gordon Lee or Howard Kendall for instance. I don't feel that way now though.

I don't really want to play this game because I'd be trying to make a logical choice and logic and Venkies don't belong in the same sentence.

However I'd wouldn't mind Sherwood with Keith Hill as his assistant.

Reality:

No decent manager would want to be anywhere near the farce that is Rovers

Venkys will appoint an ex rover in the hope of placating the fans - cue Irvine, Dunn, some other chap like that

Venkys will also rush in a MD or rubber stamp official, and all the other things to be legit before the new season. competence will not be on the agenda.

We are screwed.

Fantasy

In an utterly shocking situation the best we could realistically hope for is a Warnock type character who could get something out of very little. Problem is those managers are in high demand, and wouldn't want to come near the train wreck that is us.

Warnock is in the process of discussing a new contract with Rotherham.

In days gone by he is the sort of manager we should be all over - experienced, worked wonders on a limited budget, knows this league.

In days gone by the opportunity to move from Rotherham to Blackburn Rovers would be a very attractive one.

Alas I'm sure Warnock wouldn't even consider leaving a well run, yet limited club in Rotherham, where he has a board, a chairman, a plan, a budget, a target, and everyone singing from the same hymn sheet, to get involved at this pitiful excuse for a football club.

Warnock is in the process of discussing a new contract with Rotherham.

In days gone by he is the sort of manager we should be all over - experienced, worked wonders on a limited budget, knows this league.

In days gone by the opportunity to move from Rotherham to Blackburn Rovers would be a very attractive one.

Alas I'm sure Warnock wouldn't even consider leaving a well run, yet limited club in Rotherham, where he has a board, a chairman, a plan, a budget, a target, and everyone singing from the same hymn sheet, to get involved at this pitiful excuse for a football club.

Couldn't agree more - that's why it's in the fantasy but technically possible category (as oppose to no chance in wildest dreams type thinking.)

Poor do when we're less attractive than Rotherham. I'm still smarting that my preferred option in Grayson is now at a more attractive looking club. Never thought I'd say that about PNE.

I suspect that it will be Irvine with Kelly as his assistant. Johnson and Dunny might step up to coaching roles with the first team, with Billy Barr moving up to the Under-21's and Mike Sheron moving up to the Under-18's. That way you are only looking to replace an Under-16 coach (Sheron). It's the option that costs the least.

Lambert has said he doesn't think Irvine or Kelly would take the job.

Doesn't matter.

I never thought we'd get a manager and the way the owners run the club means it makes no difference whatsoever if they get another decent one.

I genuinely can't believe we are going through this again already it makes me feel sick to the pit of my stomach.

Archived