BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Boycott

Might as well get rid of the number plate ;)

Seems my mouse has developed a double click

That is me showing my support for Rovers without putting any money into the Club.

I do know a number of staff who work at BRFC and they are not allowed to talk about any internal matter; when you do have a private discussion however they are resigned to the Club continuing in a downward spiral and inevitable job losses. They blame the Venkys and NOT those fans who cannot bring themselves to turn up and support the current regime.

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

So are we classing anyone who renewed as gullible and duped or just those who renewed because Hanley would be there? I don't think the latter exists!

Does this mean your decision to buy an ST and support Rovers varies season by season according to the squad make up?

I've never heard of anyone who makes their ST decision on this basis. I buy an ST because I want to watch Rovers, who plays for us, in relation to buying an ST, is irrelevant.

Bit strange that Paul. I think people would buy a ST, if the players were giving 150% on the pitch, and not brought in to collect a salary, and then leave after a year. As a selling club( hate this), to have sold off a player of the year now for the 3rd or 4th time in the last 3 or 4 years, people will get frustrated. While its okay to support the players, its a strange feeling to support a different manager and players every year. There is no consistency, and its very difficult to feel any sort of attachment or connection to the players, if they come and go after 1 season. The club is a salary hotspot for agents and any player looking to make some good money for a few months to a year. Next season, more will leave, and who knows who comes in.

Does this mean your decision to buy an ST and support Rovers varies season by season according to the squad make up?

I've never heard of anyone who makes their ST decision on this basis. I buy an ST because I want to watch Rovers, who plays for us, in relation to buying an ST, is irrelevant.

no my decision to buy or in this case not to buy a season ticket is not based on the quality of the squad. I've explained many times (I'm beginning to sound like Chaddy) why I've not renewed my season ticket. It's been the gradual decline in the quality of everything at the club, management, admin, ownership, matchday experience, communications, combined with changes in personal circumstances such as my children leaving home so that something we did as a family is now just me and my husband and often, where night matches are involved, just me. I've retired which means that I can spend more time in france in summer. I always missed the first couple of matches but now I miss 4 or 5. I can't park where I used to park. I can't sit where I used to sit. I watch matches and I don't feel I recognise my team any more. I find the level of performance on the pitch dull more often than not, frustrating in the extreme and, although some of the changes are personal, many can be laid at the door of the owners and whoever advises them.

My remark about outgoings was merely because there will be some people who will feel they have been cheated when the quality of our squad and first team is lower than it was when they bought their ST. I've never bought tickets to see a certain player. Nor have I ever not bought one because we've sold a certain player. That's not how it works. It should work on the basis of you support your team regardless of who is playing and who is managing them, but such is the lack of trust in the desire of those in charge to do their best for the club that that level of support is difficult for many nowadays.

To be quite honest, even if Venky's went, I'd have to look at whether buying a ST was the best way forward for my husband and me. It might be that we'd be better off paying on a match by match basis. We'd be there, but changing family circumstances, the birth of our new grandchild being one of them, might mean we are more limited in the matches we can attend.

I have no issues with your buying a ST and none whatsoever with anyone else who has bought one. I merely said that if people bought one thinking that the incoming transfers were ok, and then feel aggrieved with the outgoings, which were easily predictable, then I have no sympathy with them.

Try reading the post above. I am not ignorant. I just feel no sympathy if anyone bought at on the basis of incoming and feels let down because of outgoings. It's obviously not you as you seem happy enough just to carry on buying your season ticket regardless. No issue with that at all. Your right, your choice.

breathtaking ignorance.

I think your post is more breathtaking ignorant even without gumboots explaining further above

And no I don't have sympathy either for anybody buying one if they complain about what is happening after on or off the pitch ... its not as if what is happening is anything new or wasn't predicted by alot on here and I am not just on about the last couple of months

I have far more sympathy for those that have been long or short time holders who are in 2 minds and doing their best not to renew or not renewing at all and the heartbreak they are feeling

I renewed my season ticket every year cos I'm enjoyed going to watch my team playing, and meeting up with friends for a chat.

I dont renew just because we keep Hanley or Duffy at the club.

Try reading the post above. I am not ignorant. I just feel no sympathy if anyone bought at on the basis of incoming and feels let down because of outgoings. It's obviously not you as you seem happy enough just to carry on buying your season ticket regardless. No issue with that at all. Your right, your choice.

I'm aware of my rights, i'm also aware that you said 'they were duped because they wanted to be duped'. It matters not what post you were responding to, your comment came across as ignorant...and also a little bit arrogant.

The 'holier than thou' schtick of the boycotters is wearing as thin as my hairline.

That is me showing my support for Rovers without putting any money into the Club.

I do know a number of staff who work at BRFC and they are not allowed to talk about any internal matter; when you do have a private discussion however they are resigned to the Club continuing in a downward spiral and inevitable job losses. They blame the Venkys and NOT those fans who cannot bring themselves to turn up and support the current regime.

My friend is same.

He's been banned for a while Gumboots so has probably forgotten the well documented reasons why you have stopped going and your logical opinions on the matter

Nothing logical about describing s/t holders as wanting to be 'duped'. My ban is irreleavant to the point you were trying to make. I could still read the board. You were just trying to be a bit naughty.

Tom I've known you long enough to know you are better than joining the word twisters on here .

Gum mentioned anyone buying season tickets thinking Hanley wouldn't be sold had been duped I said gullible ..

Where did any day any season ticket buyer was ?

There were people on here who said he wouldn't .

I think your post is more breathtaking ignorant even without gumboots explaining further above

And no I don't have sympathy either for anybody buying one if they complain about what is happening after on or off the pitch ... its not as if what is happening is anything new or wasn't predicted by alot on here and I am not just on about the last couple of months

I have far more sympathy for those that have been long or short time holders who are in 2 minds and doing their best not to renew or not renewing at all and the heartbreak they are feeling

Heartbreak? Really? Good god man, get some perspective!

I renewed my season ticket every year cos I'm enjoyed going to watch my team playing, and meeting up with friends for a chat.

what did you enjoy about it Chaddy if i may ask?

Nothing logical about describing s/t holders as wanting to be 'duped'. My ban is irreleavant to the point you were trying to make. I could still read the board. You were just trying to be a bit naughty.

The club did say and tell the fans "We're in this together" , and then they sell Hanley to a rival. And yes, Newcastle are a rival in the same division. If Hanley was sold to a PL team, then i would say okay, makes sense. Selling our players to a rival, making them stronger and us weaker, says alot about the management or lack thereof. Even if Hanley wanted to join Newcastle, we should have told Hanley you are under contract, and bite it, or go play in the reserves. I know that doesnt benefit us, but 5.5mill for your captain, and somebody who many feel has improved is desperate stuff. This is more evidence of clearing the deck and heading towards mediocrity

Heartbreak? Really? Good god man, get some perspective!

Don't worry I have , and I am quite happy with it

Read the comments of long time ST holders and tell me anything different or of those that do renew and what they would feel if they didn't - gumboots had given good reason in her posts and continually backs it up

Nothing wrong with renewing or not -just if you do don't complain or come on moaning or complaining about what is or has happened and not expect 'duped' or gullible' to be thrown back.

Simple fact is that a product of our academy, our captain, who has been with us since he was a kid, who has grown up at the club, who has developed into a regular international player and club captain, made over 100 senior appearances for the club, was our player of the season last year and by some distance our best and most consistent performer last season, has now been sold TO A RIVAL for a low amount.

And yes, I consider £5.5 million to be a low amount in today's world. He's British, 24 years old, a full international and our best defender. In today's world I'd be expecting £7-8 million up front.

The fact that the club appears to have backed down on its demands echoes the clubs behaviour last season with Gestede - it dragged on and on with the club reckoning it was holding out for top dollar, and then he was suddenly sold for £6 million. Perhaps Venkys would like to hold out for more money but the BOI are applying pressure to get the deals done.

When he's lining up at Ewood for the opposition next season we can all shrug our shoulders and talk about what a big, brilliant, massive club Newcastle are and how little old Rovers can't hope to compete with their sort, I'll be sat there thinking maybe if we'd have kept a few of those we've sold in the last 12 months that we might be in with a chance of finishing above the 'black and white' (as the Lancashire Telegraph bizarrely put it in their article).

Don't worry I have , and I am quite happy with it

Read the comments of long time ST holders and tell me anything different or of those that do renew and what they would feel if they didn't - gumboots had given good reason in her posts and continually backs it up

Nothing wrong with renewing or not -just if you do don't complain or come on moaning or complaining about what is or has happened and not expect 'duped' or gullible' to be thrown back.

Fair do's

Equally, don't expect not to be called an ignoramus when you do.

• Backroom

Tom I've known you long enough to know you are better than joining the word twisters on here .

Gum mentioned anyone buying season tickets thinking Hanley wouldn't be sold had been duped I said gullible ..

Where did any day any season ticket buyer was ?

There were people on here who said he wouldn't .

Of course I was just checking if the intention of Gumboots post was to say anyone buying one was duped, since clarified that you are duped if you buy one based on expectations.

I'm one of the many who has one with no expectations of anything enjoyable football wise, bleak hope rather than any expectations.

Techinally my dad paid and Arlo was free so I can stand in both camps :P

Master Fence Sitter!

what did you enjoy about it Chaddy if i may ask?

Ive enjoy the good performances we put in even tho sometime we put in poor performances.

Still get the buzz in going to games and being around Ewood Park.

Meeting up with friends and talking football.

You renew every year but during the year you tell us you might not not next year!

For example if Coyle becomes manager.......oh wait

Archived