BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Boycott

Ditto, also cancelled my Rovers player sub in protest. Was thinking of buying a shirt, but apart from the insane pricing, i cant see myself supporting Venkys. When they leave, then ill buy me a shirt and socks, dont need a shorts. :)

Easy way round it, subscribe to a local'ísh club like Fleetwood or Morecambe who you don't mind, then you can still watch and listen to Rovers content without a penny going to Wanna Be Gangsta's next tacky birthday bash

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

holding firm on not buying a ST so far...keep seeing pictures of 'isn't the Ewood pitch looking great' and then I thought to myself, its like being presented with a lovely plate but the food on it being crap :rover:

got tickets for Blackpool and Mansfield, so still supporting the team just not putting any more money into the club while they continue to treat supporters as idiots...

Easy way round it, subscribe to a local'ísh club like Fleetwood or Morecambe who you don't mind, then you can still watch and listen to Rovers content without a penny going to Wanna Be Gangsta's next tacky birthday bash

I'll do that if it is possible. Did you try this?

holding firm on not buying a ST so far...keep seeing pictures of 'isn't the Ewood pitch looking great' and then I thought to myself, its like being presented with a lovely plate but the food on it being crap :rover:

got tickets for Blackpool and Mansfield, so still supporting the team just not putting any more money into the club while they continue to treat supporters as idiots...

ITS A HORRIBLE FEELING IS IT NOT:(

some of my family have had tickets come but you cant fall out with family over it .Its going to be heartbreaking knowing we are playing at ewood but im standing by decision and holding firm too. Enough is enough.

I'll do that if it is possible. Did you try this?

My subscription does not run out until August, but just tried logging in to Morecambe's site with my Roversplayer details and can access all their videos etc, so no reason it wont work the other way round. Often listen to oppositions commentary on match days

So if all stays the same when its time to renew thats what I will be doing

YES!! and be able to log in to Rovers Player and get full access to watch a full game etc....I think

Rovers are paid a set amount by the company running the players for each club, it has no effect whether you do or don't buy Rovers player (or use another teams to access it).

Just reading up on some other clubs season ticket sales. Seems the Boycotters (like me) will show the club up a bit next season, Huddersfield with 15,000 ST's sold, Newcastle with 35,000... Ewood in comparison is going to look even more of a ghost town. Wonder if there are any on here that have changed their minds yet and decided to go? Genuine question no hostility.

Bloomfield was very sparse in the lashers last season in the Champ and Bolton I'm told had far less in the home sections than the given crowds 2nd half of last season. Both got almost universal sympathy, quite rightly from visiting fans for their well documented problems. We on the other hand will get universally panned by the away contingents especially Newcastle etc seeing as our problems seem under the radar on a national scale :(

Bloomfield was very sparse in the lashers last season in the Champ and Bolton I'm told had far less in the home sections than the given crowds 2nd half of last season. Both got almost universal sympathy, quite rightly from visiting fans for their well documented problems. We on the other hand will get universally panned by the away contingents especially Newcastle etc seeing as our problems seem under the radar on a national scale :(

Jealousy, pure and simple. Newcastle will NEVER win the PL and we did. Good.

Rovers are paid a set amount by the company running the players for each club, it has no effect whether you do or don't buy Rovers player (or use another teams to access it).

Thx for the info. Still I'll use the Morecambe site as the access point.

They must be paid an amount by the number of subscribers must they not, or some calculation is done using last years sales. All clubs can't get the same amount can they? Unless they just get the same amount by what league you are in. Seems unfair if you have a massive fan base vs err us.

They must be paid an amount by the number of subscribers must they not, or some calculation is done using last years sales. All clubs can't get the same amount can they? Unless they just get the same amount by what league you are in. Seems unfair if you have a massive fan base vs err us.

It'll be league based.

This link has already been posted in the Rao thread but in case anyone else needed a reason to Boycott...

http://us5.campaign-archive1.com/?u=f646174da39488e19ed1200d3&id=518ea5c588

Do not give these people your money.

Neal, I totally understand where you're coming from but you're strangling the club not The Raos.

I'm certain that there may have been poor owners at other clubs but never before has there been any that have systematically destroyed a club to the core like the Raos have with us.

Every other clubs supporters have stuck together not deserted in droves, it's Venkys fault but where are we?

Neal, I totally understand where you're coming from but you're strangling the club not The Raos.

I'm certain that there may have been poor owners at other clubs but never before has there been any that have systematically destroyed a club to the core like the Raos have with us.

Every other clubs supporters have stuck together not deserted in droves, it's Venkys fault but where are we?

What is it you're supporting exactly though? The team/players I can sort of accept and I accept there are in some cases people who need to go (as previously discussed) but to support the club in almost every other aspect is surely no longer an option? Supporting the club financially through season ticket sales is hardly making a real positive difference in the clubs finances, those (like me) who have chosen to walk away have done it out of principle, I'm choosing not pay into this because of how my club is being run, I will not support it under Venky ownership and feel this is my only option left to take a stand against these people. If I feel the overwhelming need to see the lads I will do so away from home. Everyone has a different view, some talk about how not buying a season ticket will contribute to the demise of our club well personally... Relegation and administration... Bring it on, i'd pay double for a season ticket in league 1 or 2 with these cretins gone and fan representation at board room level, even if I could't make most of the games... If that's what it takes then fine, I hope it doesn't of course.

This isn't having a pop here but it's a bit tiresome having to spell this out to almost every person who willingly hand over their money without consideration. Protesting with the Blackpool fans made me realise how many fans with the 'just support the team' mentality there are and I sort of understand it but there are bigger issues at OUR club than supporting ten a penny professionals (Like Hanley) on massive wages that will up and leave at the sniff of a bigger money contract. Blackburn Rovers isn't just a football team, it WAS a community of people, a community once proud of the one thing that made them proud of where they're from but has been ripped apart by inconsiderate, disrespectful and frankly disgusting people who frankly do not care about YOU the heritage and memories that has made and built Blackburn Rovers Football Club.

I accept people will feel differently but I really hope more fans choose to give their views on supporting the club in current times some serious thought and consideration.

Venkys Out. Cheston Out.

Neal, you seem to think that the 7,500 who have bought season tickets have done so blindly. Not so. I think most people have given renewal of season tickets a great deal of thought and consideration and have come to the conclusion that it is better to renew than not renew. At the end of the day it is vital that there is still a club when the Rao family decide to leave. Clearly, at the moment, for whatever reasons, they are happy to remain as owners. Season ticket sales has little impact on them. Clearly, the supporters are split on this issue and whilst many had opted to boycott it is also clear that many, like myself, will never walk away and whatever the outcome of the season there will always be a hardcore of supporters who will remain at Ewood to support the club. The club and the owners are two distinct issues for me and for many supporters. For me, and I suspect for many of those who have renewed, the main issue is the survival of the club and I, like many others, believe that is best served by supporting the team to the best of our ability to ensure, in the short term, we can retain Championship survival. Clearly other supporters have different opinions on this matter and at the end of day as long as everyone is happy with the choice they make and respect the choices of others there shouldn't be an issue amongst supporters.

Neal, you seem to think that the 7,500 who have bought season tickets have done so blindly. Not so. I think most people have given renewal of season tickets a great deal of thought and consideration and have come to the conclusion that it is better to renew than not renew. At the end of the day it is vital that there is still a club when the Rao family decide to leave. Clearly, at the moment, for whatever reasons, they are happy to remain as owners. Season ticket sales has little impact on them. Clearly, the supporters are split on this issue and whilst many had opted to boycott it is also clear that many, like myself, will never walk away and whatever the outcome of the season there will always be a hardcore of supporters who will remain at Ewood to support the club. The club and the owners are two distinct issues for me and for many supporters. For me, and I suspect for many of those who have renewed, the main issue is the survival of the club and I, like many others, believe that is best served by supporting the team to the best of our ability to ensure, in the short term, we can retain Championship survival. Clearly other supporters have different opinions on this matter and at the end of day as long as everyone is happy with the choice they make and respect the choices of others there shouldn't be an issue amongst supporters.

I completely agree with this. I think the biggest thing that needs respecting is that not one person who supports Blackburn Rovers has caused this, the owners did. Which ever side of the attend/boycott fence people sit on simply agree to disagree, we all want Rovers to be successful and unfortunately we are not privy to ANY facts of what will make the owners go. When they do go new owners (hopefully somebody is ready and waiting) can if not give us success give us PRIDE in the club which has been mercilessly torn away from us.

There has been a certain inevitability about this for some time now and I don't believe there is a happy ending. On the field relegation beckons which is something most sensible Rovers fans are predicting. Off the field Rovers are only going to get deeper into a morass which is solely attributable to them idiots. My absence from Ewood isn't just about not spending money. I believe that an empty stadium would bring them global adverse publicity and could embarrass them and hasten their departure. When the dust finally settles we can all speculate what will be left but it is being in the hands of people who don't appear to care (nobody disputes that do they) that worries me more than anything. However I can also understand fans who, for a variety of reasons want to go. We are all innocent victims of a campaign of wanton mismanagement by people who I despise.

In the email I received from the Rovers Trust one line worried me more than anything which suggests that Cheston doesn't speak direct to the Indians but through their intermediary Suhail Pasha. What other business has ever operated in such a shambolic way?

Got to be honest 7,500 is a good few thousand more than I expected but still a few thousand down on last year is it?

It could be spun another way that since they arrived we have lost around 16,000 season ticket holders. That is the real figure.

• Backroom

Wow such has the consistency of the decline been I didn't even realise we had 23,500 season ticket holders when they arrive.

Shocking stuff

There are some very good heartfelt posts on this subject. I know it is hypothetical, but if it was a given that Venky's would leave, if the season ticket sales fell below a certain figure, I honest believe this would immediately happen. From what I see and hear, the bulk of fan base want Venky's gone. I have no idea how to arrange it, but perhaps someone could, but a fans vote of no confidence in the owners, delivered by a Trust member/ shareholder, to Cheston or Coar, may attract some attention and possibly help.

If you go on the online ticket planner for the Norwich game there's a couple of things to notice:

- 7500 looks high compared to available seats

- there are big blocks at the edges of the riverside and JW stand 'blocked out'. Unless a coach party has booked these seats(why would you if they are the worst view?) then they could be adding to the 7500

Archived