BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Boycott

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was just going to do away games next season but I don't think I can even get behind Big Heed's team. It's a shocking feeling, as you should be able to back the shirt. But right now it's a total boycott for me.

Thanks for the memories Rovers. I'll be back when you really need me. When the Indian f*ckwits leave and you need picking up.

Until then, fare thee well.

I was just going to do away games next season but I don't think I can even get behind Big Heed's team. It's a shocking feeling, as you should be able to back the shirt. But right now it's a total boycott for me.

Thanks for the memories Rovers. I'll be back when you really need me. When the Indian f*ckwits leave and you need picking up.

Creative, freshened up protest activities including outside home games plus away attendance is not a bad idea...Away day protests could get media attention too....just a thought

Good luck with whatever you decide....

I feel pretty much like this as well. have hardly been to Ewood for the last 3 years but am even now struggling to think about going to away games unless it's a guaranteed top day out..

There must be 3 or 4 good away days when we can organise major anti-V activities.

Newcastle away

PKE away

Wigan away?

Boycotting for me means no games at all and not a penny spent on anything Rovers. In a normal season I would spend around £2k on tickets, travel, match day expenses and merchandise. Not a penny more.

Creative, freshened up protest activities including outside home games plus away attendance is not a bad idea...Away day protests could get media attention too....just a thought

Good luck with whatever you decide....

It's probably the only way I could bring myself to go away if there were organised protests.

But I simply cannot support a Kentaro/SEM lacky ripping the @#/? out the supporters and the Club.

For a start he should be publicly made to apologise to the supporters for his 'Kean Rants'.

He's pitted himself against the fan base.

It's simply unforgivable that such a devisive figure has been appointed.

We've lost all control and influence and these people simply are not going to get my money or patronage. End of the road for me.

I feel pretty much like this as well. have hardly been to Ewood for the last 3 years but am even now struggling to think about going to away games unless it's a guaranteed top day out..

Same. Totally deflated

Boycotting for me means no games at all and not a penny spent on anything Rovers. In a normal season I would spend around £2k on tickets, travel, match day expenses and merchandise. Not a penny more.

That's the only way I could do it, complete cold turkey otherwise I'd be back. Might attempt a complete year off Rovers, no on here, no twitter and even cancel the telerag although that's coming anyway.

I would however return for organised protests against the corrupt Idiots.

Floated this a few weeks ago, but never followed up on it. Now's maybe the time.

Im going to get one printed up to check for quality etc. If I am happy with it I can order more if anyone is interested. Price looking around £12 - £15 but Im shopping around to see if I can bring cost down for bulk ordering.

I can get banners made up as well.

If anyone is interested PM me so I can get an idea about numbers and sizes.

13310484_250058665364495_83591547208906513346675_250058712031157_710997383361575

• 1 month later...

In light of Mike Chestons comments today in the LET, I again encourage those who are on the fence to support the club away from home. The fans are to blame don't you know? It's not Venkys fault.

Venkys Out! Cheston Out!

In light of Mike Chestons comments today in the LET, I again encourage those who are on the fence to support the club away from home. The fans are to blame don't you know? It's not Venkys fault.

Venkys Out! Cheston Out!

Can I ask the question - how is fans protesting by not buying season tickets helping the club ? Will it get rid of Venky's - will it improve our already small chances of promotion ?

I appreciate why some fans have made the decision - but am struggling to see what benefit it will be to Rovers.

Can I ask the question - how is fans protesting by not buying season tickets helping the club ? Will it get rid of Venky's - will it improve our already small chances of promotion ?

I appreciate why some fans have made the decision - but am struggling to see what benefit it will be to Rovers.

There is NO benefit to Blackburn Rovers.

There is NO benefit to Blackburn Rovers.

I disagree Neal, the more fans stay away the message gets louder and louder that we don't want these people involved with our club, you can't put a positive spin on an empty stadium.

I'm hoping our away support will create some interest in the press also, with fans not going to home games but going away.

They'll get the message eventually.

I don't want it to benefit Rovers. That is the whole idea of boycotting - to hurt the club which, if you weren't aware belongs lock, stock and barrel to some Indian family who don't appear to give a flying one about the club and certainly not about the fans.

I have said before that the only thing that will galvanise the supporters is by them going. I believe that a stadium which is pretty much empty would generate lots of adverse publicity for them, perhaps globally. They are arrogant, egotistic and disrespectful. To embarrass them might just be enough to decide to sell up. Jesus they had an opportunity to at least talk to Seneca recently and even told lies about that. What does that tell you about them (speculation of financial irregularities aside)?

That said I have no issue with anybody going but I honestly believe it was a much tougher decision to boycott and be principled about what you believe is the right thing to do.

• Backroom

It may still have the same badge, it may 'still' wear the same shirt but it's no longer the club we fell in love with. Therefore it's an easy and logical course of action.

My great grandad was delirious and riddled with dementia when he died. He wore the same clothes, he had the same sense of humour, but he had to ask who I was.

Didn't stop him being my great grandad and I didn't stop visiting him.

I realise it isn't QUITE the same but to suggest it's either an easy or logical decision to walk away is narrow-minded and incorrect. Football is a sport of passion, not logic.

No dirty secret? You've just put money into their (a bunch of corrupt owners) pockets again....

Or maybe:

1. You pay your money.

2. hence the 100m debt is reduced

3. The club becomes that bit more attractive to a prospective buyer.

4. Club sold and you are a hero!

My great grandad was delirious and riddled with dementia when he died. He wore the same clothes, he had the same sense of humour, but he had to ask who I was.

Didn't stop him being my great grandad and I didn't stop visiting him.

I realise it isn't QUITE the same but to suggest it's either an easy or logical decision to walk away is narrow-minded and incorrect. Football is a sport of passion, not logic.

It's really not the same, Mike.

Archived