BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Boycott

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On moving the TV gantry.

To be fair, it's something that's been asked for by some fans for decades, it's been mention on here many times and I remember it being brought up at the Fans Forum numerous time. I don't see any big conspiracy theory there.

What I can't fathom is how all the previous insurmountable structural challenges has now be bested.

It kind of answers your own question Glenn. It may have been mooted in the past, but the timing of this with the Venkys Ministry Of Thought in full throttle gives an indication of the motives.

Where there's a will there's a way.

On moving the TV gantry.

To be fair, it's something that's been asked for by some fans for decades, it's been mention on here many times and I remember it being brought up at the Fans Forum numerous time. I don't see any big conspiracy theory there.

What I can't fathom is how all the previous insurmountable structural challenges has now be bested.

Glenn - please can you stop defending the Venky's - you are letting facts get in the way of the argument. :closedeyes:

On moving the TV gantry.

Probably a classic example of the club making excuses up to fob-off the FF.

Hope the FF look back through the previous responses and query why things are different now that they want the stadium to look full on tv. Eg angle of the sun...

• Moderation Lead

Going to watch another team regularly is a cop out. It shows your just miffed at watching a poor side and not really a statement of staying away because your disgusted at the ownership and the way it's being run.

On the boycott thing I was calling for it towards the end of last season, the perfect time with nowt to play for and loads staying away anyway. Especially with Lambert publically quitting and Myers and basically telling us what was coming.

A statement then from the fans showing the club and those tossers we were prepared to do that might just might have sprung them into some sort of action. Too late now and as the nonsense continues to unfold and on the pitch the team struggles the result will be organic small protests. Ewood will return to the virtually empty toxic place it was pre Bowyer.

A great place to blood youth players and ask a rookie coach to keep this shambles in the Championship.

It would be impossible at championship level anyway as half the grounds are empty for tv games.

Couldn't agree more with the bit in bold. It's Rovers or nothing for me.

No problems in watching another team... If Wigan is the team of choice, then go for it.

Your life choices, such as your team you choose to watch, shouldn't be dictated by people you can't engage with, in any form.

Venkys (ultimately Blackburn Rovers) don't care about you, so why should you care about them?

There is no other option people... Go and take your girlfriend and/or wife out for dinner, or take your kids to the park and have fun with them. Spend your money on things you truly enjoy doing, because this right here people is not enjoyable.

No problems in watching another team... If Wigan is the team of choice, then go for it.

Your life choices, such as your team you choose to watch, shouldn't be dictated by people you can't engage with, in any form.

Venkys (ultimately Blackburn Rovers) don't care about you, so why should you care about them?

Turning our backs on the venkys in an act of defience because we feel helpless and disgusted at the last 6 years and feeling it is the only way to get through to them is one thing. Turning your back on the shirt in the form of signing up to watch another professional club is another altogether.

Besides what's your agenda anyway with your references to 'Blackburn' and your Rossendale tag. You only pop up at times like this so I suggest enjoy your brief stint in the Prem again. When ginger goes it's all over for you lot.

On moving the TV gantry.

I think the structural challenges could be overcome relatively quickly. A tv gantry only needs to be a scaffold structure attached to the underside of the roof capable of carrying 3-4 men and some cameras. I expect even the Riverside roof could cope with that weight.

The bigger issue for me is I don't see how it could be done without affecting Riverside season ticket holders.

If the structure hangs down from the roof then surely those people seated on the back few rows of the Riverside will have their views impaired. I don't see how it would be avoided. The Riverside is a relatively shallow stand with a low roof. Then there's the logistics. At present TV crews park up on the corner car park on Bolton Road/Nuttall Street and the media suite is in the Jack Walker. To swap to the other side would presumably mean that the camera crews would need access to the stand by way of a ladder or passageway, plus the convoy of vans etc. may need to park up round the other side.

I think the structural challenges could be overcome relatively quickly. A tv gantry only needs to be a scaffold structure attached to the underside of the roof capable of carrying 3-4 men and some cameras. I expect even the Riverside roof could cope with that weight.

The bigger issue for me is I don't see how it could be done without affecting Riverside season ticket holders.

If the structure hangs down from the roof then surely those people seated on the back few rows of the Riverside will have their views impaired. I don't see how it would be avoided. The Riverside is a relatively shallow stand with a low roof. Then there's the logistics. At present TV crews park up on the corner car park on Bolton Road/Nuttall Street and the media suite is in the Jack Walker. To swap to the other side would presumably mean that the camera crews would need access to the stand by way of a ladder or passageway, plus the convoy of vans etc. may need to park up round the other side.

Wouldn't surprise me if this had not even been considered

Besides what's your agenda anyway with your references to 'Blackburn' and your Rossendale tag. You only pop up at times like this so I suggest enjoy your brief stint in the Prem again. When ginger goes it's all over for you lot.

I'm not interested in any of that mate, I contribute to a lot of messageboards.

Walk away then and see how much it makes a difference! Ultimately, what makes a fan? Well in my book the football club chooses you, and anybody who chops and changes is as plastic as any Manc.

Yes thats what it is.

They are also going to reduce the length of the pitch, so you can see both goals in the camera view without the camera having to pan left and right.

Im particularly looking forward to seeing how the 'Inflate Your Mate' initiative to boost attendances goes. Apparently all season ticket holders will get a free inflatable 'mate' to take to the game to sit next to them.

I just hope the initiative isn't misunderstood.

I can't wait to watch that through my virtual reality helmet.

They will be buut no one at the club can really do anything about it and non of them will have the minerals to tell their paymasters who live in a world of denial and don't like reality.

The crowd will be 12k every week - or at least that will be the official figures.

Not sure a boycott would work because of the fans left I reckon about 50% will continue to go regardless. For many reasons be it super fan tag or naivety or family bonding but the draw is enough to keep people coming regardless and render protests ineffective.

Of course the other 50% will stop going /go less regularly and like the club itself the fanbase will slowly die.

Venkys need to go before it is too late.

Reading the mesaageboard, i'm surprised people still give that much of a @#/?. My interest and passion has plummeted to new depths this past month, finding it difficult to talk as passionately as everyone else.

Archived