BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Boycott

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The crowd will be 12k every week - or at least that will be the official figures.

Not sure a boycott would work because of the fans left I reckon about 50% will continue to go regardless. For many reasons be it super fan tag or naivety or family bonding but the draw is enough to keep people coming regardless and render protests ineffective.

Of course the other 50% will stop going /go less regularly and like the club itself the fanbase will slowly die.

Venkys need to go before it is too late.

Then people need to stand outside the stadium handing out fliers, spreading information, doing everything possible to convince these people that by setting foot inside Ewood on matchday they are killing any last hopes for the club to be saved. If we don't organize this, if we don't do this, Rovers will die, there is no other way around it. The ship will sink. The water is filling up, and if we don't act now, it's over. It's as straightforward as can be.

Great point. I'll not be getting a ST mainly for the move of the family stand, but will likely attend on the odd occasion this season.

That's my form of protest. NOBODY should be attacked for not or for attending, it's all personal choice, and most protest in their own way; be it no longer buying a pre-match pint or not attending at all.

The whole club stinks and the whole situation is utterly, utterly tragic. But do not turn on one another; it only makes us weaker.

I'm sorry but we can't afford to do that. If the ship is sinking and people continue to drill holes letting the water fill up, you have to tell them to stop. Whether that is comfortable or not. If you just keep quiet to "keep the peace" and "keep the unity," everyone will sink, end of story. There is no other option.

We do. Chaddy and TJ ? :P HAHA

Problem is you'll always get the deluded ones or the contraries. They will always add a divisive factor.

thats a tough one, Fiver and TJ might as well battle each other lol

Great point. I'll not be getting a ST mainly for the move of the family stand, but will likely attend on the odd occasion this season.

That's my form of protest. NOBODY should be attacked for not or for attending, it's all personal choice, and most protest in their own way; be it no longer buying a pre-match pint or not attending at all.

The whole club stinks and the whole situation is utterly, utterly tragic. But do not turn on one another; it only makes us weaker.

Actually this last couple of days with the Twitter storm we have seemed united over something at last. I have to say it's been fun.

It will all blow over. It always does with Rovers fans. All wind and p*ss most of them. It's already happening for some now, less than two hours since the official word. The rest will pontificate for a few days then get off the cross, shrug their shoulders and carry on rewardless. Mass non-attendance was needed four fking years ago

A boycott (at the necessary level) will never happen

I'll say it again but differently...............

The boycott will not happen in enough numbers to make a jot of difference. Rovers fans are not like that. They will be angry tpday and tomorrow, then by the end of the weekend most will be shrugging their shoulders and filling in their renewals. Those that don't will see a 50% walk on rate by August. Sub 10k attendance are what we need for starters but it won't happen.

It will all blow over. It always does with Rovers fans. All wind and p*ss most of them. It's already happening for some now, less than two hours since the official word. The rest will pontificate for a few days then get off the cross, shrug their shoulders and carry on rewardless. Mass non-attendance was needed four fking years ago

A boycott (at the necessary level) will never happen

Agreed Shaun. We would need to have 400,000 season ticket holders each paying £300 each to clear the debt alone.

Clearly they don't care how many turn up - if they did they wouldn't have appointed Coyle. So 12,000 paying £300 each = £3,600,000. But lets be realistic; 6000 Season Ticket Holders next season will bring in £1,800,000. Or in simplistic terms, not even enough to have paid a Jordan Rhodes or a Leon Best for a year.

Sorry, but IMO, this won't hurt them at all. If they cared about attendances and the income it brings then their actions would have been so very different.

And now I'm in that unfortunate dilemma where I have to choose whether to renew or not. It'll probably be the former but I'll hate myself either way. Wow. Thanks for that. What a club to follow.

Of course it's a matter of personal choice - if you go will you now be shouting OC's blue & white army?

The thought brings a little bit of sick to the back of my throat.

Will what crowd is left sing nothing but Uncle Jack's b&w army?

l fear more infighting by this appointment rather than a concerted effort to unite in a common cause.

That's what upsets me as much as anything. A nothing appointment to a club in terminal decline, heartbreaking.

Choosing to go to Ewood is nothing to be ashamed of.

With all due respect, I empathise with the sentiment but I have no idea how you can type that sentence and believe it currently.

i feel like buying a ST because i love the club more than i hate Venkys - but i just cannot bring myself to support the manager or the owners .. i really don't know what to do

I'm guessing you're on here for guidance and you're going to get very contrasting advice I'm sure. Personally at this point, not putting money into the pockets of Venkys is one of very few ways you can hurt the owners. I see it like this, I'm not turning my back on the club, I'm turning my back on Venky ownership just in the same manner they have turned their backs on you and me. They don't deserve your money.

Also, for the sake of the players and for the manager (who I 100% do not want at the club), I'd rather let the atmosphere inside the Ewood be peaceful than toxic to let them do their best at their jobs.

Boycott.

OK here is a question for anyone who wishes to criticise me for attending next season.

Please tell me how I explain to my 28 year old son who has severe learning difficulties that we are boycotting Rovers? All he will know, not understand, is that his Dad has stopped taking him.

As I said somethings are more important than Venky's.

OK here is a question for anyone who wishes to criticise me for attending next season.

Please tell me how I explain to my 28 year old son who has severe learning difficulties that we are boycotting Rovers? All he will know, not understand, is that his Dad has stopped taking him.

Fair enough Paul.

Thats fair enough mate and no one could argue with that but i'm guessing you can see it from the other side too. I personally am not naive enough to think or expect every single person to boycott, I'd be happy with just a large percentage of people walking away from Venkys.

As I said somethings are more important than Venky'sI

I accept that and it is not dissimilar to the case with a friend of mine. Tragically, it spells out the enormity of what these crooks have done to a community asset. No criticism from me.

Every single fan on this thread has different opinions and thought processes behind their decisions. Whether its your own situation as above, or Chaddy's decision to 'support the team' and get a season ticket, ABBEYs decision not to spend a penny on the club or Tom's decision to give the club 1 month to win you over.

This isn't about arguing between fans, if you go to sleep at night thinking you've done the right thing (whether it be for yourself or your son) then you deserve everybody's respect.

Venkys have torn this club down piece by piece, there will come a time - eventually - when they leave and at that point it shouldn't become "I was supporting the team even in 2016!" nor "I boycotted to get rid of them" at that point.

If both you and your son are going to go to sleep with a smile on your faces after spending the afternoon at Ewood Park together then enjoy it, sleep well with my full respect. However there are plenty of us who refuse to go back into Ewood under any circumstances and will go to sleep believing we're doing the right thing. We deserve the same respect.

There are exceptions for everything of course. People who don't NEED to be there shouldn't be there.

Archived